Thread: Exhaust question for 99 CVPI

cbpvic Guest

Exhaust question for 99 CVPI

Hi I have a 99 CVPI with the stock stainless steel exhaust. I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on a budget. Just want a nice sound and little more HP. I was thinking of 2.25 pipes (aluminized) with Flo Pro V force mufflers. They sound like flowmaster w/o the drone. Any recommendations on the mufflers ??? only looking to spend about 40$$ each. With the 2.25 pipes and mufflers what kind of HP gains would I see???? The only other mod is the KN FIPK and the car is fully tuned up. Also any recommendations on a mufflers shop in the Brooklyn area????.....the only one I found is Meineke and they told me 350 for everything excluding the mufflers.

Quote Originally Posted by cbpvic
    Hi I have a 99 CVPI with the stock stainless steel exhaust. I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on a budget. Just want a nice sound and little more HP. I was thinking of 2.25 pipes (aluminized) with Flo Pro V force mufflers. They sound like flowmaster w/o the drone. Any recommendations on the mufflers ??? only looking to spend about 40$$ each. With the 2.25 pipes and mufflers what kind of HP gains would I see???? The only other mod is the KN FIPK and the car is fully tuned up. Also any recommendations on a mufflers shop in the Brooklyn area????.....the only one I found is Meineke and they told me 350 for everything excluding the mufflers.

You may try www.crownvic.us or crownvic.net, there are more people with Vics around there that have more information regarding modding 2V cars....
    '15 F250 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD
    '11 CVLX
    '05 E55 AMG
    '91 350SD Turbodiesel
    '97 Land Cruiser/78 Land Cruiser

Thread Information