Thread: New Marauder owner (2003) oil question

Rookie_FitItMan Guest

New Marauder owner (2003) oil question

Howdy! Brought home my new (used) 2003 black beauty this weekend. 38,000 miles, very clean, stock. Read the owners manual last night. Mobile 1? Amsoil? 5-20? 5-30? Any/all opinions welcome.

Anyone here argue (debate) with the Crown Vic folks running Police Interceptors - PI 71. Marauder better? Badder?

Rookie

Welcome aboard.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_FitItMan
    Anyone here argue (debate) with the Crown Vic folks running Police Interceptors - PI 71. Marauder better? Badder?
    Rookie, I don't think the Crown Vic folks will argue with the statement that the Marauder is both better and badder than a P-71...the main differences between the P-71 and the base CV are that the P-71 has many parts that are heavy-duty and it has slightly revised PCM programming, mostly to raise the idle speed & speed limiter, and to alter the shift characteristics. There is no mechanical difference in the motor or transmission between a P-71 and any other CV/GM. The P-71s don't have a "cop motor", and unless the PD deliberately had one installed, there's no special "cop chip" in them, either.

BTW, check your PMs...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thumbs up Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_FitItMan
    Howdy! Brought home my new (used) 2003 black beauty this weekend. 38,000 miles, very clean, stock. Read the owners manual last night. Mobile 1? Amsoil? 5-20? 5-30? Any/all opinions welcome.

Rookie
    Welcome to the Collective, resistance to moding is futile. You will be assimilated.

And welcome to the Capitol Area Marauders (CAM) and just in time too. We are have our June Meet this Saturday, check out the thread in the Northeast Forums. Come on and join fellow Marauder owners eating some good food and BS about our cars and kills. Hopefully Bigdogjim will be there to tell you about his stealth mode, hope you can make it.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Blog Entries
    I've tryed Mobile 1 5w20, Amsoil 5w20 , Royal Purple 5w20, And Fords factory 5w20 oil. And I just like the Mobile 1 Syn the best, But I do use the Amsoil Oil filter,if you read some of the thread's on it it's a really good filter.

Magicape Guest
    Mobil 1 5-30 is my choice. Last car was a 2001 CV P71. The P71's have 16 valves vs the 32 valve Marauder. My P71 was quicker than the Marauder but put out less HP.. I had a K&N intake and flowmasters, but the big difference comes from the transmission set-up. At WOT the cruiser stays in second gear until 95MPH. The tuning guys for the Marauders change the shift points--makes sense.

If anyone disputes the above, just pass a highway patrol car at about 80 and step on it to see if he can catch you--Hank

5W-30.

use 5W-20 if you want to wear out your engine. Ask any Ford engineer that knows half a sh-it about engines, you won't hear any recommendations 5w-20 unless legal is on their ass.

With it being so hot here in Central Florida, I use 10W-30 in my cars. (If I could not get 10W-30, I would use 5W-30). There is no way I would use 5W-20.

I have never been "Loyal" to any one brand of oil, however I mostly use Mobil-1. At the moment, I have Mobil-1 in my Continental and AmsOil 10W-30 (Group IV PAO) in my Marauder (only because I got six quarts of AmsOil from a friend at a price I could not turn down). Sitting in my shed is seven quarts of RedLine
    10W-30 (Group V ESTER [Polyolester]) which I purchased at Advance Auto Parts, when they decided to not carry it any more. Got that at a very low price. Also have five quarts of Mobil-1 10W-30 (have not been able to get an answer from Mobil if their synthetic is still a Group IV PAO or if they downgraded to a Group III "Hydrocracked" Synthetic, like most other "Synthetics").

Next time either car needs an oil change, I'm not sure which oil I will use.

Rookie - Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new ride.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17