Thread: Nitrous switch position and style?

Nitrous switch position and style?

What kind of arming switch did those of you running nitrous use? I want to do something unique and flashy , not in the console or under the seat, but right in your face so everyone sees it. Pictures or ideas? Ebay has some decent looking switches with LED's and decals on them.

I can't help you too much, mine's hidden under the dash just to the left of the gauges by the shifter. I do have two leds on the A-pillar showing green for armed, red for nitrous flowing to the engine at WOT...
    Black 2004 (X-03 owner), TRILOGY #127, Nitrous, Alternative Auto Tuning, Ford Racing 4.30's, k&N, Reinhart Cooling Mod, Metco Driveshaft Loop, Bobwhite Inserts, Member Sunshine State Marauders.

I like the switches with the red flip up cover.

Very mysterious.
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-White
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-Silver
    2011 Ford Fusion SE

Retired 2003 Mercury Marauder/Trilogy 054
    Retired 2004. 13.00 on Nitrous safely tuned by Alt Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by jstevens
    I like the switches with the red flip up cover.

Very mysterious.

yes i know what you mean. the ones that have nitrous or something else wirtten on them are pretty cool. I was thinking of mounting a plate to the left of the Clock ( 300A mind you) with a nitrous switch, purge and those LED's that indicated armed and working.

While I can appreciate an "in your face" arming switch location with plenty of labeling, I chose to employ the blank button formerly assigned to the remote fuel door release button.

It's located in the driver's door panel next to the trunk release button. The Zex red safety covered arming switch fits perfectly and the wiring passes thru the door conduit to the kick panel.

My mechanic, who is also my son, suggested I label it "HEMI lives" for off and "HEMI dies" when on. But alas, not enough room.

Quote Originally Posted by LVMarauder
    I want to do something unique and flashy , not in the console or under the seat, but right in your face so everyone sees it.
    Oh man, that is SO ricer...

Dude...no disrespect here, but you might as well have a 3-stage bookshelf on the trunk lid and Kanji characters all over your car while you're at it...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord
    Oh man, that is SO ricer...

Dude...no disrespect here, but you might as well have a 3-stage bookshelf on the trunk lid and Kanji characters all over your car while you're at it...

If thats what he wants, let him. Intolerance is such a wonderful thing. He asked how people switch their nos, not what you think of his idea.

LV, good luck in finding a cool setup that you like.

When I was considering nitrous, I was going to put the switch(es) on my dash where the 300As have the clock. It is a nice flat surface, easy to get to and easy to hook up.

That area of my dash is way too barron...

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

I haven't permanently mounted mine yet, but with the electric cut-out switch and the 4-position flip-chip switch, NOS heater, etc, I was thinking of using the dead space in the overhead console. Sort of like in a jet where the switches are all above your head.

Let me know what you come up with and post some pics!

John

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyFords
    I haven't permanently mounted mine yet, but with the electric cut-out switch and the 4-position flip-chip switch, NOS heater, etc, I was thinking of using the dead space in the overhead console. Sort of like in a jet where the switches are all above your head.
    John, I want to be just like you when I grow up.

The Nitrous kit i got had a plate with all the switches already installed so instead of what i was going to do im going to paint the face plate the same color as the interior and put it in the overhead.

If I did NOS I'd find a way to mount it on the gear shifter. Sorta like where the O/D button is, but facing forward.

Thread Information