Thread: More wheel options

More wheel options

Steeda has a new line of wheels custom made for the '05 Mustang. Seems there's a lot going on with the rear suspension on an '05 that's causing some complications in the aftermarket wheel market, and Steeda has solved it with their own design. Nice looking stuff this "Uutralite" wheel is too!

Steeda mentions having "the correct offset" in their advertizing, and that offset happens to be 41mm, which will fit the Marauder very nicely. The wheels are available in 18X9.5, and in three styles, polished chrome, polished aluminum, and gloss black with polished lip. Niiiiice...

www.steeda.com

These are cool. I think the satin finish would look boss on the MM.

Thanks for pointing these out.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Steeda has a new line of wheels custom made for the '05 Mustang. Seems there's a lot going on with the rear suspension on an '05 that's causing some complications in the aftermarket wheel market, and Steeda has solved it with their own design. Nice looking stuff this "Uutralite" wheel is too!

Steeda mentions having "the correct offset" in their advertizing, and that offset happens to be 41mm, which will fit the Marauder very nicely. The wheels are available in 18X9.5, and in three styles, polished chrome, polished aluminum, and gloss black with polished lip. Niiiiice...

www.steeda.com
    03 MM 300A
    Tint

SOUND: Alpine CD/MP3 with iPod Fullspeed, Sirius Satellite Radio; MB Quart 6 1/2 Premiums up front, MB Quart 5X7 Reference in back, JL Audio W3 10" sub, JL Audio Slash Series 500 W amp, Dynamat everywhere, Optima yellow top to keep it cranking...

SPEED: Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Ford Racing girdle cover and stud kit, SCT Reinhardt tune, Stallion Torque Converter, JLT Intake, Densos/Stat, Addco front and rear, Metco upper and lower, Front Willwood brake kit by TCE

Arrow my .02

I mentioned these on the "will it fit on the front" thread. The black rim won't be out until the 4th of july. However, I was told that the offset was 45mm. Go figure.
    Last edited by RoyLPita; 06-22-2005 at 04:10 PM. Reason: oops!
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita
    I mentioned these on the "will it fit on the front" thread. The black rim won't be out until the 4th of july. However, I was told that the offset was 45mm. Go figure.
    Sorry, Roy, I didn't notice your post.

Steeda tech dude said today "it's 41," but he could be wrong. Nonetheless, 41 or 45 is still good news that more options are available. As long as the offset is 35mm, or, greater, these wheels will fit our MM.

Arrow

Sorry, Roy, I didn't notice your post.

Steeda tech dude said today "it's 41," but he could be wrong. Nonetheless, 41 or 45 is still good news that more options are available. As long as the offset is 35mm, or, greater, these wheels will fit our MM.
    No problem. I saw them yesterday in Autoweek. They would look nice on the MM.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Hey Mac...as long as I have your attention and we're still on the topic of wheels and such...

I can't get an info/availability hit on Tire Rack for the size you show for the BFG drag radials you're listing in the classifieds.

Why is that?

Where can I find them, do they fit our OEM wheels, and how pricey are they?

2017 Niro

Nice Rims. They kinda look like 'skinny' spoke OEM marauder rims...
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Thanks Mac, I saw them in Autoweek too and was wondering if they would fit. I'm about done with my tires so now is the time to start looking at widened rims or aftermarket.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    Hey Mac...as long as I have your attention and we're still on the topic of wheels and such...I can't get an info/availability hit on Tire Rack for the size you show for the BFG drag radials you're listing in the classifieds. Why is that? Where can I find them, do they fit our OEM wheels, and how pricey are they?
    I can't answer the Tire Rack thing, but yes, they will fit the MM wheel. At 265 wide, both the 18X8 and 18X9.5 wheels will work. I believe they were 179. each, but I didn't pay that much. The wheels shown are 18X9, 35mm offset.

Question?

If we were to put 2005 mustang wheels on our Marauders how much would they stick out?
    Isn't there a difference in the offset of about 1 cm between the Mustang and Marauder rims?

I would like to see what 18" chrome/polished torque thurst would look like on a marauder.
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    SuperChips Custom Tuner 9100 (Lidio)
    180 Degree Thermostat
    Ford Motorsport 4.10 Gears
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Coldair Kit

i got dibs on mac's wheels... we all know he is going to replace them sooner or later.......

www.steeda.com
    Will 18 x 9.5 fit in the front also?
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial # 105
    Installed 9/30/2005 - 10/6/2005

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
    Detonator Yellow

1967 Ford Fairlane, 428CJ, 5spd, running dual quads.

Quote Originally Posted by AzMarauder
    Will 18 x 9.5 fit in the front also?
    That's funny you ask Kieth, cause I was thinking of NARROWING a set of our wheels for the front to say....18x5....

With a set of Mickeys.....

Biasply all around would stop that pesky shimmy at +110 mph trap speeds.
    2017 Niro

Thread Information