Thread: Power Windows

Power Windows

I know I know, Ive posted alot of topics in my 3 days on this sight, but I just keep remembering different things(short term memory loss) but what is the deal with the power window motors??? My front passenger and driver side seem to work when they want to (like my wife) sometimes I have to push the button a few times before they work.....this is also the case with my wifes 03 Grand Marquis. Anybody have the same problems?????? let me know.
    RIP 03 Procharged Marauder/FIT Kit #3.
    New Toy: 2001 Mustang GT built motor, heads, cams, and a Procharger D1sc. 539rwhp 457rwtq 11.5@125 on stock rear end and bald drag radials.

The way the switch panels are mounted, they tend to catch a bit of water every now and then when it rains. Maybe you just need to pull the trim panels and hit it with a shot of electrical contact cleaner? It's worked for me.

If they are intermittently working now, they will completely stop soon. ..at least that's what happened to me. I took it back to the dealership, they replaced the window motor. That was almost 2 years ago and I've had no problems since.

Don't worry about asking too many questions,.. someone here has the answer(s) all you have to do is ask!

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderMarc
    I know I know, Ive posted alot of topics in my 3 days on this sight, but I just keep remembering different things(short term memory loss) but what is the deal with the power window motors??? My front passenger and driver side seem to work when they want to (like my wife) sometimes I have to push the button a few times before they work.....this is also the case with my wifes 03 Grand Marquis. Anybody have the same problems?????? let me know.
    Is the problem at the drivers door? Do they work OK at the individual doors?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I know what you mean...sometimes I wonder if my two front windows are just possessed by an evil spirit.

My pass. window stopped working about a week and 1/2 ago...ultimately I solved it by using a combination of the "down" button on the door itself and the heel of my fist against the door panel. Press the down button and smack the door...presto.

I've got a couple of theories:

One---Y'all remember a thread about 2 years ago that talked about whether or not we should pull the drain plugs out of the bottom of the doors? I do...and I pulled all of mine back then. After every rain or washdown, the front doors always seem to drain a little bit of water; just hold 'em open and watch your own private Niagara.

Ok, maybe not THAT much water....but there's always some.

What I suspect is that that water is draining from the top of the door, through the frame around the window, and down to the bottom of the door...and in the process, is running over the pw motor, the regulators, or the relays. This in turn is causing the works to corrode (my car's already three years old if you take into account the build date of 6-20-02), and jam up after a couple of runs. Fortunately mine's always gotten stuck in the full "up" position...but I wonder.

Two---the window's getting stuck on a "flat spot" on the regulator, and banging on the inside of the door panel is loosening it up.

Do I REALLY know what's going on? No. But I know just enough to theorize...hopefully I'm so far out in left field that I'll irritate somebody enough to make 'em post the REAL right answer...
    Traveling the world on PONTIAC power!

Quote Originally Posted by marauder307
    Do I REALLY know what's going on? No. But I know just enough to theorize...hopefully I'm so far out in left field that I'll irritate somebody enough to make 'em post the REAL right answer...
    Yep, yep, yep...Works for me. No sense in trying to fool 'em, so, make 'em speak up.

Yep, similar problems..On the 300A left front quit, was the master control swithc, replaced under warranty. On both the B's, it was same left front. New regulator and motor on the blue, and "problem not duplicasted" on the black. Seems it started working again as soon as the advisor tried it in the service drive. This after not working all weekend long! Service advisor had them lube that window. All three had the right front stop in the middle during the winter. Adjust/lube the tracks on the right side seemed to fix that. My Ford parts guy says they keep a lot of regulator assemblies in stock as they seem to fail on a regular basis out here. Maybe the heat.....

Now if I can just get the darn adjustable pedals to keep working in the blue. every time Susan has to use it, they quit. New pedal assembly installed last time. If I kick it a few times it works again......
    His: Blue w/Light Flint Born 02/05/03 (Wednesday)
    6674 of 7838, Color sequence 102 of 327

1 of 111 Without Heated Seats
    6 CD Changer in Trunk
    Locking Lugs
    Trunk Organizer
    Real Oil Press Guage w/MM Face
    Marauder Side Emblems
    Rear Bumper Inserts

Nephews: Blue w/Light Flint
    Born 02/05/03
    6673 of 7838, 101 of 327 Blues 1 of 111 Without Heated Seats
    Cars purchased 7 years apart, but are only 20 VIN numbers apart. Sequential units on the assembly line.

Hers: Black 300A w/Charcoal Born 06/25/02 (Tuesday)
    2011 of 7838
    Locking Lugs
    Trunk Organizer
    Real Oil Press Guage w/MM Face
    Factory Alarm
    Marauder Side Emblems
    Rear Bumper Inserts

#4 (Pound Rescue Marauder) 2003 DBP/Light Flint
    120 of 328 DBP 1 of 217 with heated seats.
    6705 of 7838 2003's
    Built Friday 02-07-2003
    Bought 09-10-2012

#5 2003 DBP/Light Flint
    136 of 327 Blues 1 of 111 W/O Heated Seats
    6741 of 7838 2003's
    Built Tuesday 02-11-2003
    Bought 05-06-14

59chev348 Guest

windows problem marauder

its 9/10/05 onmy 03 marauder passanger side window wont go down or up it will go down &up when i use the master stwitch i unlock the windows it still dont work the other doors do its not the mortor can u help thanks

I always thought my passenger side window motor would be the first to go. Then one morning I stop at the MAC machine to make a deposit, and all was well. Get in my car to go home from work and nothing from the driver's side window. Since I work at a Ford dealer I ran back in and borrowed a window switch to try later that night. No luck. The next day I get it looked at. Here, when the door was assembled they pinched the wires for the motor between the window regulator and door. This is the second pinched wire for my car. The first one was for the driver's side air bag. This was found while fixing my lumbar. I also had my air ride line pinched by a "spare" frame bushing. I do enjoy driving my car, but damn it if they couldn't put her together with a little more care.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    300A Built on 6/20/2002
    #1777 of 7839

What's irritating for me is that two different dealers looked at it. One tried to teach me about it being a "two-way" switch to engage the auto down and that was my problem and the other a simple "can't duplicate" without a word about how common the problem is.

I told the dealer about a rattle in the front passenger door/window and they "repair" the rear door. Now it rattles too! I just wish they tried a little harder. The car is so much fun and this niggly little problems shouldn't detract.

Sorry for the rant....

Had the driver's side on my SuperDuty go from intermittent to fully NO WORKY WORKY, last year. Granted it is 7+ years old and 161,000 miles on it now. $500.00 later with new motor installed things worked GREAT; until, the passenger side quit a week later, that was a bummer.

03 Marauder 300A/Black
    Born: June 21, 2002 / Adopted: April 2003
    Spoiler / Heated Seats / 6-CD Changer
    LIDIO Tuned
    K/N Air Filter
    WILWOOD Brakes
    METCO Control Arms
    ADDCO Rear Sway Bar
    Real Gauges
    INFINITY 572.5cf
    two-way KAPPA series speakers
    NITTOs