Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hack Takes the Trilogy SEMA car to the car show

Hack Takes the Trilogy SEMA car to the car show

While Jerry is in Norwalk he gave me the keys to the SEMA Marauder for a few days to take it out to Bakers of Milford for there cruise nite as Car Craft Mag. is covering it.Well here in Mt.Clemens they have three big shows every year and today was one of them so I thought I would enter Jerrys just to see how it would do.My class was where they put late model cars so the old classic guys dont get pissed.The car was well receved and there were people around it all day asking me questions about it plus I only had one other car in my class a `03 Monti Carlo that was bone stock but very clean.I was in or so I thought.Sure enough come trophy time they pick the Monti Carlo over the Marauder(I must have got the blind judge)I was in total shock.The young man that won was a nice kid and I think he was shocked also because he knew about the the car as we joked about being the only two cars in our class.Im not mad because it`s not my car but what the hell was that judge looking at?This is why I never get into car shows with a late model cars.Tomorrow we will have 11 Marauders along with the SEMA car at Bakers and I bet Car Crap Mag. don`t` even give us one look,Still in shock....Hack

Don't sweat it, Hack. The trophies I've won I gave away anyway. I'm sure the folks there knew the score. Looks like a nice day with a bunch of nice cars, though...
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy
    Don't sweat it, Hack. The trophies I've won I gave away anyway. I'm sure the folks there knew the score. Looks like a nice day with a bunch of nice cars, though...
    It dont bother me but if you know the money Jerrys got into that car and just the way it looks I still say I got the blind judge.But yes.tomorrows another day

Quote Originally Posted by Hack Goby
    It dont bother me but if you know the money Jerrys got into that car and just the way it looks I still say I got the blind judge.But yes.tomorrows another day

It's ashame you weren't next to a stock looking marauder so people could see the difference and understand why they are different..Keep a pair of those glasses ,the one with the eye brows and big nose and give em to the next judge that can't see and tell em these might help..

Trophies suck! Who needs em! Sure I've won them, but there is politics involved. And I hate politics! The best shows are the ones that are the cruise-ins. Lots of kewl cars and kewl people. No judges, trophies or attitudes!

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderMark
    It's ashame you weren't next to a stock looking marauder so people could see the difference and understand why they are different..Keep a pair of those glasses ,the one with the eye brows and big nose and give em to the next judge that can't see and tell em these might help..
    Thats true Mark.People were around tha car all day asking me questions about it and most most of them when they saw the supercharger ask me if Lidio installed it.Mt.Clemens is where Alterative is located and just about everyone who`s into cars knows him.Well almost everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Defyant
    Trophies suck! Who needs em! Sure I've won them, but there is politics involved. And I hate politics! The best shows are the ones that are the cruise-ins. Lots of kewl cars and kewl people. No judges, trophies or attitudes!
    I learned early what people thought about our cars at shows so normaly I would never pay money to enter one but having a car like that you would think that you would have a chance.There were no politics here just a car judge that didn`t know cars.Like you said the cruise nites are the best with the good people and cool cars.

Making a major style change in a production automobile is risky. It's like an artist who thinks that burining an American flag is an artistic statement, rather than a political protest. You cannot presume others will agree with your point.

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Making a major style change in a production automobile is risky. It's like an artist who thinks that burining an American flag is an artistic statement, rather than a political protest. You cannot presume others will agree with your point.
    Yep,I have already moved on.Bakers of Milford is one of the biggest cruise nites in Michigan and we will have twelve Marauders there.On a sad note the owner Paul passed away suddenly on Wed.The Motor City Crew will be there with heavy hearts as we were going there on his invite.

.....it could be as simple as, the judge likes Chevy better than Ford....still I hope you had a great time.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

A lot of people still have the thought " I can see that on a dealer lot. What's the big deal of it being in a show? " They don't care to know the difference between cars and want "older" cars to be in shows regardless of what they are. Too bad, these same people don't know what they are missing.
    2004 DTR Marauder
    Light Flint Interior
    Heated Seats
    Factory Moonroof
    SS Inserts, 6 Disc Changer, Trunk Org., Declikd Designs Decklid Liner, Spoiler

2005 Ford Escape V-6

1966 Mustang coupe 351 Cleveland 4bbl

--Charlie Reinhardt
    V.P. Mustang Club of Mid-Michigan (06-08)

Quote Originally Posted by chasrein01
    A lot of people still have the thought " I can see that on a dealer lot. What's the big deal of it being in a show? " They don't care to know the difference between cars and want "older" cars to be in shows regardless of what they are. Too bad, these same people don't know what they are missing.
    Ya,Thats the funny part.When I was signing up I heard alot of the guys with older cruizers say that in shows that have limited classes they had been beat out by something totaly stock or right out of the show room.Now I know there pain.

I entered a car show last week and took third in class.
    Got beat by a 2005 GTO with about 500 miles and First place went to a 2005 Mustang GT with paper tags and less than 200 miles!

My 2003 has 40,000 plus!

Did meet 2 other owners and passed out cards but I dont think they've come on board yet.

OMG, you got the keys to Jerry's car and you parked it?
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey
    OMG, you got the keys to Jerry's car and you parked it?
    Do ya think I would tell everyone here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information