Thread: more gauges

Talking more gauges

Hey you can never have enough.

Thanks to many of you here, I had the info to go off and modify my gauge pod, adding a real oil pressure, trans temp, and matching voltmeter. Also relocated the lighter to the passenger side of the pod.

The only real difficult part was finding matching interior dye, even with the right part number..... so I haven't dyed it or painted to cover the scratches.

Also decided to play with a novel mount for the boost gauge (yeah yeah no boost for me yet, but very soon). The vent still pumps plenty of air, its a custom made grille (by me), and can be completly undone and returned to stock if I no like it. I like the placement as its less 'flashy' than the A-pillar mounts and should draw less attention.

Very interesting looking Marc, I'll have to take a really good look at it on Sunday.

not too close I hope

looks nice shakey......I guess I will be the last to supercharge......dammit!!!!!

nice job though
    RIP 03 Procharged Marauder/FIT Kit #3.
    New Toy: 2001 Mustang GT built motor, heads, cams, and a Procharger D1sc. 539rwhp 457rwtq 11.5@125 on stock rear end and bald drag radials.

Neat idea. I like the OEM look of the a-pillar mount. But your right, it is flashy. When I see other cars with a-pillar guages, I know that this car is modded.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by shakes_26

Thanks to many of you here, I had the info to go off and modify my gauge pod, adding a real oil pressure, trans temp, and matching voltmeter. Also relocated the lighter to the passenger side of the pod.

The only real difficult part was finding matching interior dye, even with the right part number..... so I haven't dyed it or painted to cover the scratches.

Also decided to play with a novel mount for the boost gauge (yeah yeah no boost for me yet, but very soon). The vent still pumps plenty of air, its a custom made grille (by me), and can be completly undone and returned to stock if I no like it. I like the placement as its less 'flashy' than the A-pillar mounts and should draw less attention.

............Your in-dash gauge location looks like another place for Fordnut-Brian to place # 9 ---the man has got 8 gaues already----he was probably looking for another place --and you just gave him a great idea for sure-----whatda think Brian?.........Tom
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderman
    ............Your in-dash gauge location looks like another place for Fordnut-Brian to place # 9 ---the man has got 8 gaues already----he was probably looking for another place --and you just gave him a great idea for sure-----whatda think Brian?.........Tom
    I already have a column pod for my next gauge. The duct cover looks ok, but not for me...
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

This was my first run at the vent mount. I made it using a hand punch, so round was the only style hole choice. I foudna t work a larger punch that has a myriad of styles, rectangular, slot, square, etc.

I'm gonna do another one with slots and have a friend anodize it for me.

As for venting, I was even surprised at how much air I still get through that vent.

I think if I went for as many guages as Brian, I'd have to go with those Dual readout jobbers (Norskog?) anyway, looks like the record is still yours Fordnut!

The boost guage looks good there. It will help me because I want it to be close to the tach.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Cool to see the unique concept!
    The A-pillar mounts always remind me of the import tuners.

Putting the boost guage in front of the A/C outlet should give added intercooler effect.

And... it looks great, nice job!

What kind of material did you use to make this?

Quote Originally Posted by shakes_26

2003 300B BLACK
    Born 01/03
    Adopted 9/3/03
    Reinhart Chip
    180 Stat
    Denso Plugs
    K&N Air Filter
    Underdrive Pulley Set
    Electric H2O Pump
    McGard Locks
    Sylvania Silverstars
    KB Dead Pedal
    Genuine Autometer Oil Guage
    Tinted Glass 5% Rear, 15% Sides
    New Car Smell (starting to go away)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1983 GS1100, Red 21,000 miles
    ATK Fork Brace
    K&N Air Filter, Re-Jetted

1975 GT750, Silver 4,000 miles
    Bone Stock

I used some thin guage aluminum, hmm like .025" or so.

I'm going to try another one and have another friend anodize it, see what that looks like.

Thread Information