Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to MM.net & some advice buying MM 03

NPG's Marauder Guest

Smile New to MM.net & some advice buying MM 03 **updated**

Hello guys, I'm new to MM.net and just found out about this site few days ago so decided to join the site.. I currently own a 03 ford ranger FX4 Level II sinced new(almost 2years) and got 39,000km on the truck. I'm now in a marketing for a mercury marauder and been looking sinced last week or so... However I found one at a local car dealer and I'm going through serveral inpection to the car. The car is 03 marauder, 90,000km, 300B(i think sinced it's late 03), traction control, clock in dash, cd changer in truck, no locking gas door, (not sure if spare is full sized or not)forgot to check, very clean, couple scartches and a small dent on pass rear door... I started it up and sounded great and the powersterring does not make noise, trans oil is clean, motor oil is shiny, e-brakes works, i didn't finished the complete inpection because i wanted to show them my truck as trade in.. so I went back next day..I offered the dealer to make an even trade and the accept it no problem because they were advertising the car for 21,995$.. The car comes with full year warrenty(bumper to bumper) supported by wynn or something!( i forgot)..

I ran a carfax and the car got a one owner and a clear title from ontraio... right now the car is going throught the out-of-province inpection and also through ford full inpection (200points) to check everything... The dealer offer me test drive and I told them I wanted to wait until the inpection is complete and I made an arrangement to test drive the car this wedenesday eveing...

I have few questions here... I went to ford dealer and ran the vin and it turns up NO SERVICES record in the computer!! Strange...should I worry?

also anothing thing that concerns me is the milage is alittle high for 03 (90,000km)55,926miles is it? the car has NO existing ford warrenty but will cover fully(bumper to bumper) by wynn and addtional year is optional for an extra charge!! but however... I talked to ford dealer about buying extra warrenty ESP preium plan and they said they had to inpect the car to qualified that ESP preiuim warrenty.

Is there something else that I should be aware of or to check for?

sorry for long post and it's my !st post! Thanks in advanced..
    Last edited by NPG's Marauder; 07-26-2005 at 05:20 PM.

Is the $21,995 U.S or Canadian?

How many other Marauders could you reasonably expect to find in the next month?

You may already have your needle-in-a-haystack... 55k is a bunch of miles, but I doubt it got them sitting in traffic.

I'd be careful, but this might be your best deal shy of coming south of the border and figuring out how to take one home with you.
    Trilogy #146!!! Self-Installed with a little help!

Don't buy any other warranty than a MANUFACTURE'S warranty.
    A Ford Warranty is what you want.
    So DO NOT buy the WYNN or any other warranty.
    It is not worth it and the dealer is only looking to make a higher profit margin
    on any warranty other than a FORD Warranty.
    They are NOT looking out for your benefit.

The FORD ESP Warranty is good at ANY FORD DEALER, NATIONWIDE.
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

NPG's Marauder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfarrell
    Is the $21,995 U.S or Canadian?

How many other Marauders could you reasonably expect to find in the next month?

You may already have your needle-in-a-haystack... 55k is a bunch of miles, but I doubt it got them sitting in traffic.

I'd be careful, but this might be your best deal shy of coming south of the border and figuring out how to take one home with you.
    $21,995 canadian. and also Marauder is hard to find because of limited production to canada!!

And yes... however... i'll probley buy ford warrenty once when everything goes alright!!

Also have any of you heard of www.apa.ca ?? it's Automotive Protection Assocation for consumers.. i might get them involes and have them do the inpection as well because i know them very well!!

Quote Originally Posted by NPG's Marauder
    $21,995 canadian. and also Marauder is hard to find because of limited production to canada!!

And yes... however... i'll probley buy ford warrenty once when everything goes alright!!

Also have any of you heard of www.apa.ca ?? it's Automotive Protection Assocation for consumers.. i might get them involes and have them do the inpection as well because i know them very well!!
    Welcome to the site! That's quite a deal for a Marauder, even at the mileage it's got IMO. As long as the previous owner didn't drive it like a maniac. I paid more for my '03, but it only had 13000 km on it. I got Ford's ESP (5 years) on my car as well, I wouldn't go with anything else.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

NPG's Marauder Guest
    Hello guys.. I went by the used car dealer and the car was back from the out-of-province inpection... so I was suprised the car was back a day early!! so I was ready for a test drive.. but however... the car was not properly inpected because the following problem is stated as below...

The test drive... was ok..but plenty of power and transmission shift nice(alttle too soon) and sterring is nice I did find few problems and not happy with the result... first off, the car surges from dead stop take off(probley needs fuel injection servicing and tune-up, (traction control off) I can't even get the tires to spin unless i hold the brakes!! I was suprised or maybe because it's got a brigestone blazzrd tires on it it's its 255 not 245!! wonder why? anyways.. on the highway.. the car viberates badly from the sterring(75mph), the front brakes are shot(they knew that already), it rattle from the rear, and also when I arrived, I've noticed the engine is making a tickingor tapping sound from the passenger side( is that normal for a hot engine?)

I found even more problems, the center console for the autometer gauge pallar is not straight!! stange, owner's maneul is missing, driver's side floor mat missing, the key to open the trunk is sized (open it from the inside from the button) then I found out the spare tire is missing!!! I was suprised!! and even more shock!!

Oh yes.. the clock is in the radio and also the radio didn't sound good to me!!! even though it's got rear disc changer in the back!! just so you guys know that i made a mistake on the top post!! sorry

Anyways... the hunts is to be continued.... thought I share that!!

I've looked at worse. I saw one that somebody stole the guage pod out of it. Just yanked on it and took the wiring with it.

BTW, I could run the VIN to the MM that you looked at. PM me with the details.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

I'm going to try to say this as nicely as I can... there are lots of folks here who are actually eager to help you... but please clean up your typing. Everyone is in a hurry, but its hard to answer your questions when just deciphering your typing is so difficult.

Don't buy the car if you don't want it, but I didn't see anything unreasonable. Needing front brakes isn't the same as frame damage... brakes wear out. "The Dealer" typically has floormats; I bought two sets... one for now, one for later. None of these things light 'em up like a 5.0 Mustang until you mod them. Skinnier tires would be easier to spin, not harder. You can probably re-align the console in a two minutes. I'm sorry you think the radio sounds bad. Is it broken or do you just not care for it? Those of us with tin ears think its fine... those who appreciate music aren't as crazy about it... I can't tell what your problem is though.

The driving issues don't sound like a big deal... I'm thinking for less than $1000 & a day's work this would be just about tip-top shape.

If you aren't in a hurry... or don't really want one, no big deal. But if you want one, enjoy the low price and throw a little extra $ at it to make it nice.

If you can't replace a floormat though, I don't have any more time to try and help you.

Best of luck in finding something you want.
    Trilogy #146!!! Self-Installed with a little help!

NPG's Marauder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita
    I've looked at worse. I saw one that somebody stole the guage pod out of it. Just yanked on it and took the wiring with it.

BTW, I could run the VIN to the MM that you looked at. PM me with the details.
    Pm sent...

I'll run it for you tomorrow at work.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

NPG's Marauder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfarrell
    I'm going to try to say this as nicely as I can... there are lots of folks here who are actually eager to help you... but please clean up your typing. Everyone is in a hurry, but its hard to answer your questions when just deciphering your typing is so difficult.

Don't buy the car if you don't want it, but I didn't see anything unreasonable. Needing front brakes isn't the same as frame damage... brakes wear out. "The Dealer" typically has floormats; I bought two sets... one for now, one for later. None of these things light 'em up like a 5.0 Mustang until you mod them. Skinnier tires would be easier to spin, not harder. You can probably re-align the console in a two minutes. I'm sorry you think the radio sounds bad. Is it broken or do you just not care for it? Those of us with tin ears think its fine... those who appreciate music aren't as crazy about it... I can't tell what your problem is though.

The driving issues don't sound like a big deal... I'm thinking for less than $1000 & a day's work this would be just about tip-top shape.

If you aren't in a hurry... or don't really want one, no big deal. But if you want one, enjoy the low price and throw a little extra $ at it to make it nice.

If you can't replace a floormat though, I don't have any more time to try and help you.

Best of luck in finding something you want.
    ok...well... first of all... if my typing or english is sloppy!! i'm sorry ok. And no I'm not in a hurry!! because i do have a hard time with english sometimes.. and yes i'm deaf!! so with my hearing aids i hear pretty well!!

So please hang in there with me if it's that bad because I never got any complaints before about my typing from other forums that I joined!!

NPG's Marauder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita
    I'll run it for you tomorrow at work.
    ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG's Marauder
    Hello guys, I'm new to MM.net and just found out about this site few days ago so decided to join the site..
    Welcome to the MM.Net and good luck on finding that Marauder you are looking for.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

NPG - Welcome to the MM site. The were several Marauders for sale on this site. Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

NPG's Marauder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jgc61sr2002
    NPG - Welcome to the MM site. The were several Marauders for sale on this site. Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.
    Thanks but...the problem is...getting it over the border to Canada! Espically the duty fees, safty inpections and also having the speedo switched over to km!! is it worth the hassle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information