Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petals coming in tomorrow anything I need to know?

Petals coming in tomorrow anything I need to know?

I'm getting the petals tomorrow and was told I need to drill holes and some just slide and screw right over. I haven't done anything like this and it seems very simple so can I do it on my own as a first timer or should I have someone show me the first time so I don't drill a hole in my floor?
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Most petals are very delicate...

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

you may have to bend the metals pedal covers to make them fit the curve of the pedals. do this on a curb or a scrap of wood. drill carefully - its not that difficult of a task. you may get an extra piece for a dead pedal. if you dont have a dead pedal yet, hold onto the extra piece for now. drilling through the MM pedals with a cordless drill can be done but the metal pedal is a buit thick; make sure you have a good drill bit. also, you may want to measure a few tiimes before drilling so you hit the extact spot you need so he pedal is completely covered. and of course, remove the oem rubber pedal covers first.

there is probably a lot more info in some very old threads - do a search and you will find them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke
    you may have to bend the metals pedal covers to make them fit the curve of the pedals. do this on a curb or a scrap of wood. drill carefully - its not that difficult of a task. you may get an extra piece for a dead pedal. if you dont have a dead pedal yet, hold onto the extra piece for now. drilling through the MM pedals with a cordless drill can be done but the metal pedal is a buit thick; make sure you have a good drill bit. also, you may want to measure a few tiimes before drilling so you hit the extact spot you need so he pedal is completely covered. and of course, remove the oem rubber pedal covers first.

there is probably a lot more info in some very old threads - do a search and you will find them all.
    Rick covered most of it...Take your time, very important, kinda like a measure twice cut once with drilling especially. Good luck and post pictures if you can, these pedals are very nice and hold up great.

alright lets hope I don't screw it up. I got the step plates too, but know how to put a sticker on from years of experience on my guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by CBT
    Most petals are very delicate...

Master Chief, United States Navy, Retired
    2004MM, Black, Built 02/14/04
    32 Ford 5 Window Highboy (I Built)
    Cover Truck (56 Big Window Chevy)Truckin Mag. Featured in Street Rodder Mag (48 Custom Panel), Shown in Rod n Custom, Featured in Goodguys Gazette (38 Ford Coupe) and on Cover.

What pedals are you getting that require that much work to install???
    2003 300A Black MM
    3.73's, 3500 PI, T64e at 9.5 PSI
    Belts are for washing machines.
    Theme song (s) : Back in Black & Thunderstruck!!

Ride it like a Ford.!!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm not a gynecologist....but I'll take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by juno
    What pedals are you getting that require that much work to install???
    http://www.dynoproauto.com/marauderparts1024.htm

Talking Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead350
    I'm getting the petals tomorrow and was told I need to drill holes and some just slide and screw right over. I haven't done anything like this and it seems very simple so can I do it on my own as a first timer or should I have someone show me the first time so I don't drill a hole in my floor?
    Motorhead (Lemmy), here are the instructions as I posted them after I put the pedals on my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis
    Installation of Polished Pedals

The pedals installed with little difficulty. The first thing that I noticed was that my gas pedal did not have enough of an arch in it. I took a 26oz coffee can and bent it around the can. This seemed to be sufficient, Chris has talked to CJ about this and hopefully the newer gas pedals will have more of an arch in them.

Instructions and tools needed. Drill, screw gun, 3/16" drill bit, pliers, 1/8" Alan Wrench, hammer and metal punch. Everthing else is provided. Oh and don't forget a towel to lay down under the pedals to keep your mats and rug clean.

Installation, I will start with the gas pedal. Place the polished pedal over the existing pedal and mark the holes, I used a white-out pen. Then use a screw gun to start your holes with the screws provided. Remove screws replace polished pedal with screws and tighten down. I had a little difficulty with the angle on the top screws due to size of the screw gun.

Next the brake pedal. Remove rubber cover from brake pedal and place polished pedal over metal piece. Mark screw holes, again I use a white-out pen. Remove polished pedal, I then took a metal punch and hammer to make a starting point in the metal pedal so the drill would not slide around on the pedal. You will now need a drill and a 3/16" drill bit. Drill through the metal brake pedal on the car. Again I had a little difficulty with the top screws due to the angle and size of drill. Place polished pedal over brake pedal and attach with the 4 bolts and nuts provided.

Next emergency brake, ok I was wrong you can see the emergency brake. Place polished pedal over e-brake pedal and mark holes, remove polished pedal. Take 2 of the screws and screw gun to start the holes. Remove screws, replace polished pedal with screws and tighten down screws.

Kenny Brown dead pedal. I found it easier to remove the dead pedal from the car. You will need a 1/8" Alan Wrench to do this. After you remove the dead pedal turn it over and take a pair of pliers to remove rubber pad, by squeezing the tabs on the back and pushing them through. Now there will be two holes on the metal frame of the dead pedal. I just stuck the bolts through the polished pedal and through the dead pedal frame and tighten down the nuts on the back. I did need to use two washers on the back for the holes in the frame were a little large for the nuts.

Hopefully these instructions will be helpful to the Ham-fisted Goobers out there of which I am one. Remember I know who you are.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Thank you for the instructions

How much grip do these give when wet or frozen?
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjay
    I don't drive my car in the winter, but so far I have never had a problem with my foot slipping.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Quote Originally Posted by rayjay
    They grab better than OEM when their wet. Never froze em'...

VERY good grip when it's wet.

MNMarauder Guest
    So the KIT which is four pedals as advertised isn't a DEAD pedal KIT it is just a COVER and you have to get your DEAD PEDAL somewhere else? Am I reading that right? That was the whole reason i considered getting the kit other than the looks. Where can i get a dead pedal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information