Thread: Storage and Marauder Car Blanket

Storage and Marauder Car Blanket

I was wondering if anyone here has heard of the car covers that are made for the Marauder? Are they worth buying? Or are there better ones out there for the $$$? I am looking at putting the car in storage for awhile and would like to have a decent cover to put over it.
    While I'm here does anyone have any advice on putting a car in storage for at least a year in a moderate climate (winter is typically rainy and damp and summer is around 25?). The obvious would be to run the tank to near empty and take the weight off the wheels but I think there is more to it than that.
    Black 2003 with Superchips programmer, 50 series Flowmasters, K&N filter. Fender badges and SS Chrome "Marauder" bumper bling.

Quote Originally Posted by Reduaram
    I was wondering if anyone here has heard of the car covers that are made for the Marauder? Are they worth buying? Or are there better ones out there for the $$$? I am looking at putting the car in storage for awhile and would like to have a decent cover to put over it.
    While I'm here does anyone have any advice on putting a car in storage for at least a year in a moderate climate (winter is typically rainy and damp and summer is around 25?). The obvious would be to run the tank to near empty and take the weight off the wheels but I think there is more to it than that.
    Try these links first and forget what I said earlyer, I was thinking of older cars again.
    http://www.adlersantiqueautos.com/ar...erstorage.html
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/winter/at_010926.htm
    http://www.ehow.com/how_14375_prepare-car-long.html
    Last edited by torinodan; 09-22-2005 at 08:15 PM.
    2003A Mercury Marauder. Sold it, miss it.

USMC 06-10-96 to 06-21-06. AH-1W and UH-1N!!!! OORAH!!

Get a California Car Cover. They may be expensive but they are the best, bar none.

I purchased a california car cover fits like a glove,and its true birds like shiny spots.Not one bird has hit my car with the cover on since.
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

Cover Craft makes some good covers too (http://www.covercraft.com/). They use the same Kimberly Clark materials that California covers uses (as best as I can tell). You can't go wrong with either company.

As for long term storage, change the oil and perhaps other fluids and remove the battery. I would suggest starting it and letting it warm up every 2 to 3 months. My brother knows some Ford engine engineers and they said you could keep it in storage for about 5-6 months and not have to worry about running it. That's too long for me. Also, search here for more posts. There have been some threads regarding long term storage.

I'm a year around daily driver in Massachusetts. I have decided to use a cover to protect the paint against the sun and, in the winter, snow too. I have been garaging the car now year around. After I buy the new cover, I'll put it on the car when I park my car at work.

Griot's garage had a few types. One was as high a $260.

Any thoughts from anyone about my idea?
    BlueWaterMan

xcellu8 Guest
    There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a car with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooollllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddd

thread

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Search feature's workin'! Check!
    Steve H., Charles County, MD www.carfap.com
    1994 Lincoln Town Car. 98-02 front brakes, P71 steering and sway bars, Eaton swap build underway using TorkTech 4.6 2v intake kit.
    2011 Infiniti M37x
    2004 F250, v10 6 speed manual. ex-US Forest Service truck
    2000 BMW M5
    1976 Jeep DJ5 (postal)

Guys, someone who just joined did a search on our old posts and is trying to hype their product.

For the record get a California cover or Cover Craft cover, (I have a covercraft), custom fitted. They fit like gloves, and IT makes such a difference when the wind blows, those billowy sailcloth covers are worthless.

OH and one important note, NEVER EVER WASH THEM in a machine. Shake them like a bedsheet on a clothes line to get rid of dust, or use a hose to rinse off some bird leavings or tree sap, and never scrub with a hard bristle brush. They loose all their dust repeling capabilities after the first washing.
    2003 Black w/Charcoal int. #1301 of the 7839

Current Mods: Lidio 93 3.55 Tune, JLT Intake, Steeda under drive pulleys, Stewart water pump, 180 T-stat, Progard, REAL oil pressure gauge w/ stock face

Current Features:
    6 CD changer, trunk organizer, McGard Wheel locks, domed silver inserts

Coming soon: 4.10s? (maybe)

My baby's theme song?
    Heavy Metal (takin' a ride) 1981 (Don Felder)

Thread Information