• 3rd Saturday

3 33.33%
  • 3rd Sunday

0 0%
  • 4th Saturday

0 0%
  • 4th Sunday

0 0%
  • Don't change anything. I like the planning as it is.

6 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAM organization

CAM organization

I've been reading the threads on our meets lately and noticed alot of posts related to just coming up with a date. Lets settle on a day for all future CAM meets. Like:

"The third Saturday of every month will be the CAM meet."

This will eliminate the 2 pages of "when" and make planning much easier. Where is to be determined.

Vote in the poll for your favorite weekend day.

BTW, more then one CAM meet in a month is a great idea, this day though, will be the "Official" meeting day.

We can start this for the December meet since there is alot going on already with the Oct and Nov meetings.

The poll is open for 21 days.

Last edited by Defyant; 10-01-2005 at 08:42 AM.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Quote Originally Posted by Defyant
    Sounds good to me.....

This will eliminate the 2 pages of "when" and make planning much easier. Where is to be determined.
    Yeah, but we will STILL have 2 pages of "where".....
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

well it seems if we do this then those who have other plans or things that cannot be broken will never come.I allways thought that the way we had it was to accomadate as many as we can to have big and fun meet.Just my but hey i'll go along with whatever you guys pick cause i love yas..

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderMark
    well it seems if we do this then those who have other plans or things that cannot be broken will never come.I allways thought that the way we had it was to accomadate as many as we can to have big and fun meet.Just my but hey i'll go along with whatever you guys pick cause i love yas..
    I also like leaving the date open to accomadate as many members as possible, some members can not make it on a Saturday all the time. Also do not forget about holidays. But, I will go along with the majority decision.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

The purpose of this was to plan around the CAM meet. If we know the date of the CAM meet far enough in advance, we can plan accordingly and attract as many members we can.

Of course stuff happens. Weddings, B-days, holidays, family vacations....etc. Often though we can control when we will be busy. If I know the CAM meet is the X day of the month, every month, I can plan on being there and not make some other plans like a car show, yard work, overtime or yet another trip to NY.

This idea is nothing new. Organizations have been doing this for a long time.

11.98 @ 115 mph

Can I edit the poll to reflect a choice of:

"Don't change anything. I like the planning as it is"

Moderator, can you help?

11.98 @ 115 mph

Thumbs up

The purpose of this was to plan around the CAM meet. If we know the date of the CAM meet far enough in advance, we can plan accordingly and attract as many members we can.

Of course stuff happens. Weddings, B-days, holidays, family vacations....etc. Often though we can control when we will be busy. If I know the CAM meet is the X day of the month, every month, I can plan on being there and not make some other plans like a car show, yard work, overtime or yet another trip to NY.

This idea is nothing new. Organizations have been doing this for a long time.
    Charlie, you are right it is a good idea. I will give it great consideration and place my vote as to the best time for me. But, will go along with the majority decision regardless. Like I always said 'pick a date and those that can make it great and those that can't S.O.L.'.

I think that for the majority of the members a Saturday would be perfered, I for one, but I know of a few members that can not make it on Saturdays. We should take them into consideration to plan some meets on Sundays so they are not left out. How about organizing it for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th weekend of the month and then switching it between the Saturday and Sunday so everyone has chance of at least making some of the meets. JMO.

I have always planned the meets on weekends that I could be there, for I use to work weekends and did not know until a month in advance which weekend I would be working and with holidays sometimes I would end up working two weekends a month.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Can I edit the poll to reflect a choice of:

"Don't change anything. I like the planning as it is"

Moderator, can you help?
    OK.....all set.....

Hey! Who's this guy Defyant?

Is this a new guy or sumpth'in. I recall a guy with a name like that, but am not sure. Seems to me he was here a l ooooong time ago; 2 or three weeks, at least.

Glad you're back, Charlie. We hope you, Lisa and the kids can make Gettysburg.

'll post a list of things you can do, if it's your first time to the battlefield.

I've been reading the threads on our meets lately and noticed alot of posts related to just coming up with a date. Lets settle on a day for all future CAM meets. Like:

Man, I thought this was gonna be a nominating committee for CAM management positions.

The current planning approach has permitted me to attend most meets. However, I voted for the 3rd Saturday approach. Understand what is trying to be accomplished here by "standardizing" the target date and giving plenty of advance notice for folks to schedule ahead.

In the past, we have tried to bounce around the date to come up with one that is acceptable to most folks in an effort to maximize participation. Even the Saturday vs. Sunday has worked out well for some members who get trapped by work or other committments on Saturdays.

We can try the 3rd Saturday deal for a while and see how it works. Unfortunately, the timing of the suggestion may have major impacts in November and December where the 3rd Saturday hits around family and holiday party times.

But like Haggis and Mark .... I'll accept whatever the members want to do. I am usually pretty flexible on scheduling.

P.S. I nominate Defyant for the CAM club secretary !!

Sure hope this isn't Lisa stirring the pot using Defyant's Screenname during his LOA.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    The current planning approach has permitted me to attend most meets. However, I voted for the 3rd Saturday approach. Understand what is trying to be accomplished here by "standardizing" the target date and giving plenty of advance notice for folks to schedule ahead.
    Yeh, and all this from a guy who allows a wedding to interfere with a CAM event. Never mind, he's the guy who was chairman of both events. (wedding and CAM DOO)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    P.S. I nominate Defyant for the CAM club secretary !!
    I dunno about this . I'd have to see how sexy he looks in a dress behind a desk..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    ... he's the guy who was chairman of both events. (wedding and CAM DOO)
    For the record, I had absolutely "no scheduling or planning role" in the wedding. My job was to write the check !!! I really wanted to be at the CAM meet .... I really did.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderMark
    I dunno about this . I'd have to see how sexy he looks in a dress behind a desk..
    Whoa !

You have to keep your secret fantasies to your own silly self bub!

11.98 @ 115 mph

November meet

Well I'll add my 2 cents here as well. I've appreciated the flexibility in our current scheduling process. We've been able to work around other events important to many of us over the past year I've been attending these gatherings. As for November, I won't be able to make the 3rd Saturday as Diane and I are heading to Florida to make final for preparations for our wedding on the following Saturday in Ft Myers, FL. For my CAM friends that haven't met Diane, she was my best friend in Jr High and High School and we hadn't seen or talked to each other since we both moved from Hollywood, FL 28 years ago. Now both single again, we met at a wedding last March in Jacksonville, FL. Life takes strange twists and turns sometimes but this has turned out great for the both of us. Yes, Charlie, I'm also writing the checks for this one! Enjoy the meet!

Shaun and Diane
    Shaun
    2016 Ford Fusion SE Ecoboost - White
    2004 Mercury Marauder - Black - Now with Daughter in Michigan
    2000 Ford F150 Lightning - Red
    2014 Ford F150 FX4 - Ruby Red
    Member Capitol Area Marauders (CAM)

"The customer can have any color he wants.... as long as it's black"
    Henry Ford

DOB: 04/23/04
    #2702 of 3214
    #988 of 1237 Black