Thread: Marauder Head liner by Carmotorsports

Smile Marauder Head liner by Carmotorsports

I have been watching posts concerning head liners for the past couple of months. TAF suggested that a new supporting vendor was about to release several new products for the Marauder. Carmotorsports.com is not new to quality custom automotive accessories and restoration parts. They carry a wide selection of products. I was amazed with their custom headliner I saw on Martyo’s car in Atlanta, but I wanted to wait till others install the product and gave feedback. One of my concerns was my K&N kit rubbing the headliner. Other M.M. net members voiced their despair with other modification that caused rubbing with the hood liner. I, like many others, still have not settled on a major power adder. When making upgrades to my car, I try to consider the final product. So when I talked to Rich Van’t Hof of Carmotorsports.com he presented me with a set of alternatives that would match my needs. The final consideration was to purchase a self-install kit or a plug-n-play headliner. I didn’t want to pay the 60 dollar shipping price associted with the plug-n-play kit and low cost of the self-install kit made it more attractive.

I received the kit by Federal Express within 9 days of placing the other. Once the kit arrived and I read the instructions I had second thoughts on my purchase. I removed the factory headliner to find a coated fire resistant cardboard. This headliner seemed difficult to work with and lacked the rigidity I thought was necessary to apply the new material. Secondly I needed a soldering iron, an additional expense I didn’t calculate in the final cost. Also I didn’t feel confident that I would be able to follow the detailed instructions without screwing something up. So I called Rich about my difficulties. His return policies are clearly posted on his website.

*Returns/Refunds
    *At CAR Motorsports, we specialize in high quality custom products and accessories that are made to your order specifications.* Because of the custom nature of our products, we do not offer refunds.* On products where there are defects or damage, or where we made a mistake on your order, we will replace your item with an undamaged or correct item at no charge.*

Rich was willing to return my self install kit without hesitation, but I didn’t want a refund. I needed to replace this eye soar that covered my engine bay. Cleaning the headliner with low pressure water can yield some good results, but continued long term cleaning with water will cause the head liner to deteriorate rapidly. Replacing the O.E.M liner carries a price around 100 dollars. So I returned the self-install-kit to Rich, he promptly resolved my problem. He compensated me for my return shipping and created a plug-in-play kit that I can quickly install. I am very happy with the results and quick turn around time. Rich was very professional during the entire purchase process and was able to resolve all objections. He also personally called me with a tracking number and progress updates. This is astounding customer service.
    Last edited by merc; 10-06-2005 at 11:13 AM.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

Merc, sounds like you had a different hood insulator than I do. Glad to hear Rich squared you away on this though. The liner is an awesome "little detail" that set's the car one step above.
    Currently Marauderless but looking

Cool, glad it worked out. Do you have the new headliner in?

At first I thought you were talking about the interior headliner, thought you were getting a custom one of those...

...I did that on my grand am when I got sick of everything inside being a dull grey...

Still, if you have the hood liner in I look forward to checking it out next time we're at the same event...you brining the MM Saturday to the Mustang club?
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

- Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Breadfan
    Cool, glad it worked out. Do you have the new headliner in?

At first I thought you were talking about the interior headliner, thought you were getting a custom one of those...

...I did that on my grand am when I got sick of everything inside being a dull grey...

Still, if you have the hood liner in I look forward to checking it out next time we're at the same event...you brining the MM Saturday to the Mustang club?
    Yep, the Marauder will be at the show Saturday in the rain, and most likey Sunday at 75/80 drag strip.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

Glad you're happy my friend.

Thread Information