Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd to release PULSE DVD

Pink Floyd to release PULSE DVD

Well it took long enough, but it seems to have been worth the wait.

Read it for yourselves:

Pink Floyd to release PULSE DVD

On 5 December 2005, Pink Floyd will release their much anticipated DVD, PULSE, on EMI Records. This landmark release captures the last ever Pink Floyd tour in 1994, and was filmed at London's Earls Court, on one of the recordbreaking 14 nights there. The two disc release contains a full concert performance from Pink Floyd's 80 date global Division Bell tour, with rare backstage footage and previously unseen extras.

Pink Floyd are a band whose innovative and groundbreaking music is matched by the startling imagery created by longtime design collaborator, Storm Thorgerson. The Pulse DVD looks as good as it sounds, mixed in mind expanding 5.1 surround sound and digitally remastered by James Guthrie, it includes a magical collection of exclusive extras, new artwork and menu graphics designed by Thorgerson.

The concert is in two parts, the first half sees seminal performances by David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright of tracks such as Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2), One of These Days and Keep Talking, while disc two features the classic album The Dark Side of the Moon performed in its entirety. Never before seen rarities include Bootlegging the Bootleggers, behind the scenes footage showing a snapshot of life on the road with one of the world's biggest rock bands and a screen film of Speak to Me. The Pulse DVD captures Pink Floyd's final concert tour, although no-one knew it to be at the time. It was the last concert they played together live, and their show-stopping appearance at this year's Live 8, confirmed their legendary status.

Running Time Over 3 hours

Technical Details Speaker ID, Pink Noise inc 'Audio Setup' Dolby Digital 5.1 448 kbps, Dolby Digital 5.1 640 kbps. Stereo

Tracklisting Disc 1

Concert Part 1:

Shine On
    Learning To Fly
    High Hopes
    Take It Back
    Coming Back To Life
    Sorrow
    Keep Talking
    Another Brick In The Wall Pt 2
    One of These Days

Screen Films:

Shine On
    High Hopes
    Learning to Fly

Bootlegging the Bootleggers:

What Do You Want From Me
    On The Turning Way
    Poles Apart
    Marooned

Shorts:

Time (Eames)
    Money (Alien)
    Speak To Me 1987
    Pulse TV Advert

Videos:

Learning To Fly
    Take It Back

Tracklisting Disc 2

Concert Part 2:

Speak To Me
    Breathe
    On The Run
    Time
    The Great Gig In The Sky
    Money
    Us And Them
    Brain Damage
    Eclipse
    Wish You Were Here
    Comfortably Numb
    Run Like Hell

Screen Films:

Speak To Me (graphic)
    On The Run
    Time 1994
    The Great Gig in the Sky (wave)
    Money
    Us And Them 1987
    Brain Damage
    Eclipse

Alternate Screen Films:

The Great Gig In The Sky (animation)
    Us And Them 1994

Behind the Scenes Footage:

Goodbye to Life As We Know It
    Wish You Were Here:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Photo Gallery

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Great news!

2003 Marauder 300A
    --76 of 7838 208 of 7839
    --Born on 5/27/02
    --4:10 gears
    --SCT9100 Tuner (Lidio's Tune)
    --BFG KDW2 Tires (235/50 front; 255/55 rear)
    --12C spark plugs
    --Granatelli Connectors
    --Pro-Guard
    1976 Eldorado Convertible For Sale
    In line for a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

hitchhiker Guest
    ..... Cool! .....

Thanks for the info.

Dave

mtnh Guest

Never could figure out why they didn't release this on DVD before now

I bought the VHS version of that in 1995, and that tape absolutely brings the house down. On DVD, with the added features, it will be worth every penny it sells for. I remember running my 100-watt Onkyo receiver at 100% and having the sound be perfectly clear, but when the plane crashes (literally) onto the stage in the sequence of "on the run" going into "time" (from the dark side of the moon) my receiver went dead silent and displayed "overload" in the matrix display. Wow. This is probably the best reason yet for december to get here! Thanks for sharing the news.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnh
    I bought the VHS version of that in 1995, and that tape absolutely brings the house down. On DVD, with the added features, it will be worth every penny it sells for. I remember running my 100-watt Onkyo receiver at 100% and having the sound be perfectly clear, but when the plane crashes (literally) onto the stage in the sequence of "on the run" going into "time" (from the dark side of the moon) my receiver went dead silent and displayed "overload" in the matrix display. Wow. This is probably the best reason yet for december to get here! Thanks for sharing the news.
    You would have loved the Laser Disk version. Audiophile (sp?) performance, if you can tollerate the disk flipping and having to deal with two discs.

11.98 @ 115 mph

Other Pink Floyd Pics

Being a Pink Floyd fan as I am, I feel compelled to recommend the DVD "Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii". I think I payed about $20 for mine at Best Buy earlier this year. If you've never seen it and you are a fan, it's a must have. It is a timeless gem that loses little from the original which I saw on the big screen. It has added footage from the original release.
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

The more I learn, the more I find out I don't know.

Confusion will be my epitaph...

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGod
    Being a Pink Floyd fan as I am, I feel compelled to recommend the DVD "Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii". I think I payed about $20 for mine at Best Buy earlier this year. If you've never seen it and you are a fan, it's a must have. It is a timeless gem that loses little from the original which I saw on the big screen. It has added footage from the original release.
    I'll second that.

They really functioned as a single unit during that concert!

11.98 @ 115 mph

Live At Pompeii

As a teaser, I should mention the concert is at the actual Pompeii amphitheater in Italy and there are no concertgoers! Proper listening requires an amp that goes to 11. One scene that should be replayed is when the drummer loses a drumstick, grabs another, and never loses a beat. Pliny the Elder would have loved it. That darned Mt. Vesuvius just ruined everything.
    1957 Custom 2 dr Sedan, 1979 F-series 14' U-Haul 330 XD, 1979 F150 4X4 428 PI/CJ heads/NP 435/4:11 axles-rear Det. Lkr., 1993 Grand Marquis, Y2K CVPI supercharged 5.4, 2003 MM

Home of the Berserker Marauder, one of the ancient Norse warriors legendary for working themselves into a frenzy before a battle and fighting with reckless savagery and insane fury, held to be invulnerable...shirtless regardless of wounds...(possibly due to ingestion of psychotropic and hallucinatory drugs such as Fly Agaric Mushrooms)...

ΓρεεκΓοδ

I saw them at the old stadium the New England Patriots used to play at for the Division Bell Tour it was Awsome, was in the wrong place at the wrong time when the Wall tour went thru. I will be purchaseing that DVD. Thanks for the info.

the release of Pulse has been delayed until Jan. 17th.

How did I miss this thread?? Awesome!

Great news!
    To this day, every time I hear Dark Side of the Moon, I remember where the tracks change on my old Muntz 8 track in the 66 Mustang fastback with the shackles on the rear end... Ah, those were the days...
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

TripleTransAm Guest
    I'm just waiting for Wizard of Oz to play on TV sometime this Christmas so I can DVR it... I've been wanting to try to check out that myth I heard for years of the movie sync'ing up perfectly with the Dark Side of the Moon album.

Not a myth

It's not a myth, it is one of the most strange coincidences in the history of man. The video is available cheap everywhere.

ΓρεεκΓοδ

Quote Originally Posted by TripleTransAm
    I'm just waiting for Wizard of Oz to play on TV sometime this Christmas so I can DVR it... I've been wanting to try to check out that myth I heard for years of the movie sync'ing up perfectly with the Dark Side of the Moon album.
    It is no myth. The down side is you have to listen to DSOTM three times to get throught the movie. But it is a valid sync.

Thanks fot the update on this thread. I completely forgot to post on this.

11.98 @ 115 mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information