Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's ALIVE... #105 !

It's ALIVE... #105 !

Trilogy #105 is officially alive and well !

I don't know if I have the record for the longest install process or not.... but I sure tried to win it. I began the process Friday evening 30 Sept. I worked on it on and off (more on than off) until today, 6 Oct. (I didn't work on it at all Tuesday evening). I didn't keep track of the hours invested but there were many. I would have to say that the actual job is not horribly difficult but it does take a lot of concentration to make sure that one doesn't make a mistake.

Kudos follow...

Trilogy for making such a great kit, well engineered, with directions even this idiot can almost follow !

Mercury for making a car I could strap to a Trilogy!

Carfixer (Claude) & Tallboy (Chuck) who both sent me emails right after I got #105 to offer their assistance. I called both numerous times with questions ranging from complex (for me) to pure idiocy (for them). Both of them were good enough to not laugh in my face (sure wish I had a recording of their phone calls to each other talking about my install process tho.)

BillyG for one of his burnout clips that started this whole infatuation of mine!

Now to get the beastie cleaned up.... the big local show is this coming Saturday!
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial # 105
    Installed 9/30/2005 - 10/6/2005

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
    Detonator Yellow

1967 Ford Fairlane, 428CJ, 5spd, running dual quads.

AzMarauder,
    Congratulations on your install! How does it run? Are you going to be scheduling some dyno time w/Chad? I've got an appointment Tues a.m. the 11th for the 3.2 pulley install & check air fuel mixture. Chad ordered a very nice billet aluminum pulley for me. According to Lidio, that's all my tune can handle w/o sending to him for reprograming. Hope we can hook up soon. I have to work this weekend or I'd be on my way to the car show in Sierra Vista.
    Mongo

Quote Originally Posted by mongo
    AzMarauder,
    Congratulations on your install! How does it run? Are you going to be scheduling some dyno time w/Chad? I've got an appointment Tues a.m. the 11th for the 3.2 pulley install & check air fuel mixture. Chad ordered a very nice billet aluminum pulley for me. According to Lidio, that's all my tune can handle w/o sending to him for reprograming. Hope we can hook up soon. I have to work this weekend or I'd be on my way to the car show in Sierra Vista.
    Mongo
    It runs nicely. I am not hammering it too hard right now... I have a problem with the Boost-a-Pump and until I have that ironed out I am going to stay conservative.

I don't have any dyno time scheduled just yet. I have an exhaust coming for it so I want to wait until I have that installed. Smaller pulley eh? What octane gas are you running? I can only get 91 Octane in this town so my tune is pretty conservative. I don't think Lidio would like me to go to a smaller pulley. Shame you can't make it down here for the show ! What do you think about the So-Cal thing? We need to entice them to road trip it to Phoenix and we all go to Pavilions!
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black

Detonator Yellow

Congratulations on giving #105 it's new home. Enjoy my friend.
    04 MM - SILVER/FLINT, TRILOGY S/C #81, SKILLFULLY INSTALLED BY CARFIXER & TALLBOY.

AZMarauder,
    As far as fuel goes, 91 is about the best I can get. I use Lucas octane boost every time I fill up. The last time I dynoed the car, it ran pretty steady @ 11.4/1 on air fuel mixture. I did clear the pulley w/Lidio. As far as the So Cal thing goes, for the next 3 weekends I'm free, let me know where to be. I'd really like to meet the rest of the guys from So Cal & AZ. Mutual meeting place was being discussed & I haven't heard anything more.

Just from what I experienced on the BAP unit, was when the instructions said set @ 10 & it really was the best air fuel mixture. The only problem I have is finding a place to hook up to get a boost reading while on the dyno. I sent an e-mail to Lidio today to answer that question. As far as the 3rd gear dyno test, Lidio said to run it in 2nd. That is what he did before he found a way to lock the torque converter while in 3rd gear. So by the time you get ready to dyno again, Chad should know what he's doing.
    Mongo

Best of luck with your new found power!!!

Many happy miles and large clouds of smoke(from the tires)
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

bigslim Guest
    Glad to have another Trilogy brother here. Enjoy your new found power.

Quote Originally Posted by AzMarauder
    It runs nicely. What do you think about the So-Cal thing? We need to entice them to road trip it to Phoenix and we all go to Pavilions!
    MAN! I'm so for a road trip!!!! But you know this place and it's a driving state. I still need to drive my first "T"MM. I would make it out in the AM if I have more info. We all need to get together. Only so many of us can make it on a road trip right now, I have 4 days, got a room?
    2003A Mercury Marauder. Sold it, miss it.

USMC 06-10-96 to 06-21-06. AH-1W and UH-1N!!!! OORAH!!

Congrats on your installation accomplishment. So what is the issue with the Kenne Belle BAP that you're having? I've never heard of anyone having trouble with that. Are you sure it was hooked up like the manual says to?

Congratulations, you will fall in love with your car all over again.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

[QUOTE=AzMarauder]Trilogy #105 is officially alive and well !
    Kudos follow...
    BillyG for one of his burnout clips that started this whole infatuation of mine!QUOTE]

And here I thought it was that crazy cross country dash you and Barry made to Bennington in the Snow Storm.

Kevin! Don't you just love it??

Cool! Enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by torinodan
    MAN! I'm so for a road trip!!!! But you know this place and it's a driving state. I still need to drive my first "T"MM. I would make it out in the AM if I have more info. We all need to get together. Only so many of us can make it on a road trip right now, I have 4 days, got a room?
    Dan,

4 days when?

As for a room... I can fit you in the house somewhere ! <G> Even if it is nothing more than a cot stuck in a bedroom.

If you are talking about this weekend... bring it....

Here in Sierra Vista (which is about 7 - 8 hours from SD) we have a car gathering tonite (just to hang at a local diner.. pick up packets for show tomorrow), the show tomorrow, and another one on Sunday.

I will PM my phone number to you.
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black

Detonator Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGman
    Congrats on your installation accomplishment. So what is the issue with the Kenne Belle BAP that you're having? I've never heard of anyone having trouble with that. Are you sure it was hooked up like the manual says to?
    I dunno... talked through it with Carfixer on the phone...

If the BAP is wired in.. IF the car starts... it does it high idle start cycle... then slowly loses RPM and chugs to a hault and dies. Then will not restart.

If I jumper across the connections (in effect restoring the original wire connection) car starts and runs fine. Soon as I pull the jumper she loses RPM and dies. Carfixer and I talked about it over the phone... checked and double checked the wire hook up... checked the fuse.. the ground... (with ohm meter) don't know what the problem is. Car runs great with the BAP disconnected.
    AzMarauder
    Sierra Vista, Arizona

2003 Marauder 300A
    Black

Detonator Yellow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information