Thread: Pro Guard increases fuel economy

Pro Guard increases fuel economy

Here's another report.

Last weekend we went to Washington Court House/Greenfield, Ohio. I filled up at Greenfield and in a 287mi drive got 28.9MPG with three aboard, and enough crap to fill every square inch of the MM. I topped off at Washington Court House, and drove home via anouther route. The low fuel light came on just as the odometer clicked over at 400mi. Since I have a home tank, I can't give accurate MPG data, but nevertheless, I'm convinced that installing the Pro-Guard is the reason for the outstanding fuel economy.

Dennis Reinhart has them in stock .....get yours now.

Not to try to ruin your day, but my MPG has been about the same. 20 MPG highway (I have 4.10s) and around 18 with mixed driving.

Haven't noticed that the pro-guard has done anything for me since install, and I've been keeping half an eye on it. I'm still filling up around 300 miles to the tank.

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

I am still about 20-21 mpg of combined driving. I drive mostly highway, but do go through some towns with varied speeds. That is basically the same gas mileage on got on the trip home from Chicago when I picked the Marauder up.
    Eric

2004 Silver Birch Marauder - Sold 04/17/09:
    - #2703 of 3213 '04 Marauders
    - #852 of 987 Silver Birch Marauders
    - Born On Date: 04/23/04
    - Warranty Start Date: 08/11/04
    - MINE as of: 09/09/05

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

Pro Guard?

What is a Pro Guard?

PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER FROM F.I.T. # 007
    18psi pulley
    MMR built Stroker 5.0+.020 overbore
    Forged Crank/Manley Rods/Manley Pistons
    Billet Oil Pump
    ARP Bolts and head studs
    Snow Methanol Injection
    3500 Stall Converter (PI)
    Stryker 340 Fuel Pump
    45 lbs Injectors
    4:10 gears
    K&N Air Filter
    Factory Spoiler
    Widened Wheels
    Nittos
    170 deg thermostat
    SS Inserts
    Daniel's Colex Billet Supercharged Emblems front and rear
    Trunk organizer

Sounds like a Tornado report to me...

Quote Originally Posted by duhtroll
    Not to try to ruin your day, but my MPG has been about the same. 20 MPG highway (I have 4.10s) and around 18 with mixed driving.

Haven't noticed that the pro-guard has done anything for me since install, and I've been keeping half an eye on it. I'm still filling up around 300 miles to the tank.

-A
    Andrew, I don't think it's gonna make a whit of difference in regular combined driving, or not so as you'd notice. I think the difference is when you're on the interstate doing 70mph. That rear bumper's like a big mutha parachute back there. I followed Charlie to Detroit and could see his flapping like crazy at highway speeds. That I'm pushing nearly 30mpg both ways on an extended trip of all highway driving seems to prove, to me at least, that there's a benefit from installing the Pro-Guard; and remember, I've made two trips with the same results.

We'll see if there's any difference at Merc's shootout this weekend. We can try it on several cars, especially the fast ones; 'cause it's simple to swap from car to car.

I'm anxious to see a report from Jerry Barnes, and some of the Florida boys who will be trying them out at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    Andrew, I don't think it's gonna make a whit of difference in regular combined driving, or not so as you'd notice. I think the difference is when you're on the interstate doing 70mph. That rear bumper's like a big mutha parachute back there. I followed Charlie to Detroit and could see his flapping like crazy at highway speeds. That I'm pushing nearly 30mpg both ways on an extended trip of all highway driving seems to prove, to me at least, that there's a benefit from installing the Pro-Guard; and remember, I've made two trips with the same results.

We'll see if there's any difference at Merc's shootout this weekend. We can try it on several cars, especially the fast ones; 'cause it's simple to swap from car to car.

I'm anxious to see a report from Jerry Barnes, and some of the Florida boys who will be trying them out at the track.

This is a very good point. I could definitely see it being more beneficial on long interstate drives. I have not had one of those for a while.
    Eric

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

Quote Originally Posted by Eric91Z
    This is a very good point. I could definitely see it being more beneficial on long interstate drives. I have not had one of those for a while.
    Hey! Your's is the same color as mine. Could be, we just see the benefit on Silver Birch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    Hey! Your's is the same color as mine. Could be, we just see the benefit on Silver Birch.

Too true. I think the extra weight of the black paint could be hurting them...
    Eric

2003 CVPI - Daily Driver
    - Purchased 05/29/07

First of all - black paint seems to be thinner than the silver from most reports.

Secondly, I said "on the highway" - meaning JUST highway, from IA to IL and back. An entire tank spent basically doing 300+ miles and then seeing the mileage still where it was for my last highway trip.

I'm not saying there's no difference. I'm just saying IF there is, it's minute. Mine fits about as well as it possibly could, too. There is about 2 mm of space between the edge of the Pro Guard and the exhaust tips on both sides.

0.5 MPG cannot be accounted for because in order to truly do this study you would have to recreate ALL the variables (like temperature, altitude, same exact route, weight of car, etc.) Fresher fuel filter, plugs, and other things can help, too, as can a better (or worse) batch of fuel.

If it is giving me 0.5 MPG then it pays for itself eventually, and I'm happy with it either way as I already said it has reduced my 80+ mph vibrations (most likely due to bumper cover).

-A
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Thread Information