Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercharged Marauder on its way

Thumbs up Supercharged Marauder

Well I did it, I dropped my Marauder off with Kenny Brown... he is in the process of determining what package he will put on it. A couple of weeks and I will have more information! But he has the car. I drove one of his Panthers and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to ROCK!

If you have any questions give Rich a call at 317-247-5320.
    Last edited by mensrea; 09-10-2002 at 12:12 PM.

I am now.... jealous.

OK, so if I put a boost gauge in place of my cig lighter, how do I wire my radar detector. Logan, I see somewhere else that you are considering a mounted radar detector... any comments on which is best?
    Last edited by mensrea; 09-10-2002 at 06:11 PM.

It would depend what radar detector you're considering...

Of course I have stealthy ideas...

test drive

mensrea,

Is your offer to drive the car still open? I'll let you take the Chevelle for a spin, if you let me take the SC Marauder. I swapped the 502 for another 396 engine though. (The 396 is dated for the car, and the 502 is going into a '55 project, that's why I have to sell the Impala) .
    "Pete, you could drop 2 tenths if you lose some weight"
    2002 Rendezvous CXL (hers)
    1968 Chevelle SS 396 convertible (not her's)
    1967 Chevelle coupe (not her's either)
    2002 Explorer Sport (not her's again)
    2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro Turbo (was daughter's, now mine. Quick little bugger)

Wags,
    You and Bozo can both take it for a spin... it'll be a month or two though!

I hope it is finished before the snow comes!

They are putting a dead pedal in!

VaderSS Guest
    The Valentine 1 comes with a hardwire connector. I have mine set up that way with the wire completely hidden. The wire is flat telephone wire and is easy to slip under the headliner. That lets me use the cig lighter for it's true purpose... charging the cell phone.

I also have the remote display, which lets me place the indicator lights anywhere I want, while keeping the detector in the optimum recieving location at the top of the windshield.

james_hart6 Guest
    Originally posted by VaderSS
    The Valentine 1 comes with a hardwire connector. I have mine set up that way with the wire completely hidden. The wire is flat telephone wire and is easy to slip under the headliner...
    Vader,

Which wire did you connect into to get the hot feed? I'm still usin' the plug 'cause I've been reluctant to start splicin' into wires :-)

Jim

VaderSS Guest
    I got a factory service manual for my car and looked in the wiring diagrams. It turned out there was one color (pink in my case) that was always hot at ignition on and I used a quick splice into one of those wires.

You'll need to do the same or just post the question on the forum. Maybe someone else has already found the correct wire.

Unhappy

Where did you get the Service Manual? I have been trying the Helm web site since June and they keep indicating temporarily out of stock. I would like to have a Service Manual soon as possible.
    Bill
    03 Mercury Marauder, 300A
    SOLD
    2005 Lincoln Town Car, ADTR Supercharger, TCE Brake Lines, MO's Tune
    2022 Lincoln Aviator Reserve AWD

A REALLY nice spot to tie in power and ground for your radar detector is off the back of either one of the autometer gauges...

Easy to get to and conveniently located.

james_hart6 Guest
    Originally posted by VaderSS
    I got a factory service manual for my car and looked in the wiring diagrams. It turned out there was one color (pink in my case) that was always hot at ignition on and I used a quick splice into one of those wires.

You'll need to do the same or just post the question on the forum. Maybe someone else has already found the correct wire.
    Thanks, Vader.

I've got a message into Helm Inc. to email me when the service manuals become available.

You ran the wire under the roof liner? Down to the dashboard?

Good stuff. Thanks for the help.

Jim

james_hart6 Guest
    Originally posted by Logan
    A REALLY nice spot to tie in power and ground for your radar detector is off the back of either one of the autometer gauges...

Easy to get to and conveniently located.
    Hi Logan.

Thanks for the idea. Run the connect wires from the gauges up the pillar, across (under) the roof liner?

Boy, for such a large car, there ain't much room fer workin' with the wires

Jim

WJSOLOMON Guest

Re: Supercharged Marauder

Originally posted by mensrea:"Well I did it, I dropped my Marauder off with Kenny Brown... he is in the process of determining what package he will put on it. A couple of weeks and I will have more information! But he has the car. I drove one of his Panthers and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!This is going to ROCK!"

Like maybe "ROCKS" in your head!

For less than $ 3 K, you could have had a "V-8" from Rienhart Engineering!

A lot of us have "been there - done that!"

"To Be the Man, you've got to Beat the Man!"

"Birth, Taxes, Reinhart Engineering, a Few More Taxes, and then you Die!"

What the heck are you talking about WJ. I can barely understand what you're trying to say there.

There are numerous reasons someone would get their car converted by Kenny brown besides a supercharger. Personally, I have a preference to roots style superchargers over centrifugal, more torque much lower in the RPM band with a roots. That being said, if I could get to Florida to be the guinea pig for a vortech, I wouldn't hesitate, but I'm waiting to be number two in line, to bolt er up in my own garage...

Like maybe "ROCKS" in your head!
    This is inappropriate, if this turns into a bashing thread, it'll be closed and participating members will be turfed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information