Thread: eibach springs going away

BLACK THUNDER Guest

eibach springs going away

I called EIBACH the other day to see if they were ever going to make f/r swaybarys for the marauder and the tech told no. Then he said the the front spring's were going to be dropped aswell, Just thought I would put it out there incase anyone was thinking about getting a front set of spring's from EIBACH better hurry. I did and I think it looks great and it's been about 3 months since installed and had no trouble to this day it is a little bouncy.......

Thanks for keeping us up to date, I didn't know about any plans for sway bars, but the Addco bars are very nice too. In the absence of an Eibach spring, one can always cut the factory spring to the desired height.

BLACK THUNDER Guest
    I thought about cutting the factory one's but then I thought i had better buy some already setup just incase....... so now I have two set's and as far the swaybar's the EIBACH tech pointed me in their direction AND better than that a couple of guy's here on the net aswell youre self included...THANK'S

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK THUNDER
    I thought about cutting the factory one's but then I thought i had better buy some already setup just incase....... so now I have two set's and as far the swaybar's the EIBACH tech pointed me in their direction AND better than that a couple of guy's here on the net aswell youre self included...THANK'S
    I don't know about the Marauders but us SHO guys have found out Cargo Coils have the same coil strengths as Eibachs. The Cargo Coils are taller so we cut them to our desired height usually one coil to one-and-half coils. Plus the Cargo Coils are much cheaper than the Eibachs.

One of you guys should check in to this and see if this will work for the Marauders as well as it does for the SHOs.
    Donald French
    no.1fordbastard
    http://www.fordbastards.org

blue92 SHO, white92 SHO
    [
    even tho you guys won't admit it your a bunch of fordbastards too.

Why not just get the coliovers? Didn't people complain about the eibach ride on the stock shocks? you can lower and adjust the bound and rebound to your and your spouses likings.

2005 Satin White Pearl Legacy GT
    *Stage 2.5* 13.5 @ 96 MPH
    2003 Black 300A <---Click for pics.
    *Totaled *

Ummm...Call me crass, but "cost" figures here. The QA1 setup is the sweetest I could ever imagine, or ask for. But, their cost places them out of reach for me at this time. So, I'm still riding on factory coil springs cut one full coil, backed up by fresh OEM gas shocks. This combination still serves me very well, and without the budget breaking overhead of the QA1 offering. Maybe someday, but not now. Meanwhile, the Eibachs are almost as low in ride height, but still too bouncy for consideration...IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by merc6
    Why not just get the coliovers?
    Absolutely. As an Eibach owner I can truley say...the QA1 coil over is the way to go if the finances were in place.
    Last edited by CRUZTAKER; 01-09-2006 at 06:29 PM.
    2017 Niro

Quote Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER
    Absolutely. ...the QA1 coil over is the way to go if the finances were in place.
    ^^yup!^^

After Kook's these are my "really,really want list"

will someone please tell me what this QA1` is? I have Addco front & rear sway bars that improved handling immensely but I am open to more GOODY suspension parts. Thanks, Kennyrauder

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyrauder
    will someone please tell me what this QA1` is? I have Addco front & rear sway bars that improved handling immensely but I am open to more GOODY suspension parts. Thanks, Kennyrauder
    http://www.naake.com/MercMarauder.html

Try various searches usings QA1 in the title.

Taffy posted pics last year.
    2017 Niro

Thread Information