View Poll Results: Would you attend a national meet with out drag racing?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 56.47%
  • No

19 22.35%
  • Possibly if there is enough to keep me busy w/o racing

18 21.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drag racing at MV-IV

Drag racing at MV-IV

Looking for "honest" answer no comments as to location or dates, etc.
    Last edited by Bigdogjim; 01-24-2006 at 06:21 PM.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Hey Jim, yes I would.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Me too.
    Just want to hang out with fellow Marauder folks.
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

I cannot tell you how tired I am of our "Marauder vs. Marauder" slop. What a bunch of ego-maniac crap! Not one of our cars are identical, how can we compete? More importantly, why should we be competing anyway? Y'all are my friends, it concerns me not who's a better friend.

The very best time I ever had at any race track anywhere, was our parade to US. 42 in Ohio, an event associated with Barry's '05 "Back Yard Blast". If y'all missed this, you missed the best we have seen yet.

We went racing. We raced, we won, we lost, and we had a real blast doing it all too.

Two of the best race car drivers I know today pushed my #1x down the 1320, and I was pleased by their performance and compliments. Burned up a brand new set of BFG drag radials too. Who else has done that in one night?

I don't care if I ever race another Marauder ever. I know what my car can do at the track, and I am happy with this. If I do race again, it will be among friends, and for the fun of it.

Our upcoming Sebring event is another kind of race, and we may find ourselves pitted against each other, but I won't see it this way. I cannot wait to see how my #1x performs against this most famous track, other Marauders present mean little to me, other than friends sharing the same space, and the same fun.

This cannot be a "Marauder vs Marauder" race event, because so much of it is really driver vs. track. I may do well. I may break. Nonetheless, it's me and my Marauder against the track. Only I can claim victory, or, admit defeat.

Sorry, BDJ, more than you asked for, I know. But, you asked.

Talk amonst yourselves...
    Last edited by SergntMac; 01-24-2006 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlam56
    Me too.
    Just want to hang out with fellow Marauder folks.
    Yes jim i would and i agree with jim as well.

Arrow No!

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Sorry, BDJ, more than you asked for, I know. But, you asked.Talk amonst yourselves...
    No I did not ask! This is what I asked. Key work is "etc"<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 338267" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>Looking for "honest" answer no comments as to location or dates, etc.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / close content container --><!-- open content container -->

Now go sit in the corner
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

I cannot tell you how tired I am of our "Marauder vs. Marauder" slop. What a bunch of ego-maniac crap! Not one of our cars are identical, how can we compete? More importantly, why should we be competing anyway? Y'all are my friends, it concerns me not who's a better friend.

The very best time I ever had at any race track anywhere, was our parade to US. 42 in Ohio, an event associated with Barry's '05 "Back Yard Blast". If y'all missed this, you missed the best we have seen yet.

We went racing. We raced, we won, we lost, and we had a real blast doing it all too.

Two of the best race car drivers I know today pushed my #1x down the 1320, and I was pleased by their performance and compliments. Burned up a brand new set of BFG drag radials too. Who else has done that in one night?

I don't care if I ever race another Marauder ever. I know what my car can do at the track, and I am happy with this. If I do race again, it will be among friends, and for the fun of it.

Our upcoming Sebring event is another kind of race, and we may find ourselves pitted against each other, but I won't see it this way. I cannot wait to see how my #1x performs against this most famous track, other Marauders present mean little to me, other than friends sharing the same space, and the same fun.

This cannot be a "Marauder vs Marauder" race event, because so much of it is really driver vs. track. I may do well. I may break. Nonetheless, it's me and my Marauder against the track. Only I can claim victory, or, admit defeat.

Sorry, BDJ, more than you asked for, I know. But, you asked.

Talk amonst yourselves...
    Sir, I don't believe we will even get an opportunity to race one on one at Sebring.
    The way I read the original post from fasteddieee it was track time with an instructor in the car with you at all times. Not sure though, have to check the SVTOA website again...but I agree with your main point.
    When i think about some of the cars and drivers that have been on that track, and they're gonna let ME on it???
    Sebring will be a blast, anyone else want to join up with us?
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Yep

Just as long as we have a National event we really dont need to race but we do need something to do.

Without a race how do we make some of these people stop lying about how fast their cars are?
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    Without a race how do we make some of these people stop lying about how fast their cars are?
    We just need a good place with a good plan and it dont have to be drag racing.I can go to Milan anytime.

Look at the KY Bourbon Trip. No racing goin' on there. Just two whole days packed with fun! There are 26+ people going! Goes to show racin' isn't all we have in common!

I voted Yes....with activities...if you can't tell.

KillJoy

Quote Originally Posted by KillJoy149
    Look at the KY Bourbon Trip. No racing goin' on there. Just two whole days packed with fun! There are 26+ people going! Goes to show racin' isn't all we have in common!

I voted Yes....with activities...if you can't tell.

KillJoy
    Amen Brother.

Cheers!

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasson
    Stop asking?

Wait a sec...I'm in the corner, sorry.

But, I can peek over my shoulder, right?
    Last edited by SergntMac; 01-24-2006 at 07:43 PM.

Stop asking?
    I don't have to ask. Everyone keeps telling me.
    Dan

Rest area, rest home -- what difference does it make? I'm sure Grandma enjoyed seeing all those big trucks pulling in and out.

National Meet

Yes I would.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information