Thread: I killed Bambie

I killed Bambie

My family and I were on a trip to Tennesse this weekend. We left my sister's house at 930 local time to head back to my mom's. We were traveling down I840east towards Mt. Juliet in the right lane. I checked my lane, glanced up at an exit sign and back to my lane and WHAM!!! The little critter was no farther that 10 feet from me. I had no chance to break, steer away or even speak before I nailed him. Well, needless to say, Sleeper will be spending a few days in the body shop. Front facia cracked, fog light gone on the passenger side. Blinker and curb assembly totally gone. The car performed GREAT. Had it not been for the impact noise, I would not have known anything had happened until I saw the damage. These are some tough cars. Be glad you own one. Not only for the performance, but for the safety.

Yeah, deer suck. I remember when a baby deer ran into the street late at night when I was going about 60 MPH in my Crown Vic. No damage to the Vic except for some blood. Can anyone tell me why their useful? seriously...I can only find negative things...

Quote Originally Posted by Rider90
    Can anyone tell me why their useful? seriously...I can only find negative things...
    Its for the Kids, they seem to love Deers.
    Its even worse when you hit the deer, Destroy your car, and the Deer gets up and runs away.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Yeah, deer suck. I remember when a baby deer ran into the street late at night when I was going about 60 MPH in my Crown Vic. No damage to the Vic except for some blood. Can anyone tell me why their useful? seriously...I can only find negative things...
    Yeah, I got a reason...........They taste great in stew...not to mention the best jerky I've ever had
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Quote Originally Posted by whoskal
    Yeah, I got a reason...........They taste great in stew...not to mention the best jerky I've ever had
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Vineson...

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

How come when I "quote" someone it never says "originally posted by..."
    is there a button I have forgotten to turn on???

I got the black whistles on my car just for those big woods rats!!
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

How come when I "quote" someone it never says "originally posted by..."
    is there a button I have forgotten to turn on???
    In the first bracket, right after the word quote, there should be an = then the screen name before the close bracket ]. You're using the , right?
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK
    In the first bracket, right after the word quote, there should be an = then the screen name before the close bracket ]. You're using the , right?
    AHH HAAA thanks Mary

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper
    My family and I were on a trip to Tennesse this weekend. We left my sister's house at 930 local time to head back to my mom's. We were traveling down I840east towards Mt. Juliet in the right lane. I checked my lane, glanced up at an exit sign and back to my lane and WHAM!!! The little critter was no farther that 10 feet from me. I had no chance to break, steer away or even speak before I nailed him. Well, needless to say, Sleeper will be spending a few days in the body shop. Front facia cracked, fog light gone on the passenger side. Blinker and curb assembly totally gone. The car performed GREAT. Had it not been for the impact noise, I would not have known anything had happened until I saw the damage. These are some tough cars. Be glad you own one. Not only for the performance, but for the safety.

Glad to hear you and family are OK. Good luck with the repairs.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

AHH HAAA thanks Mary
    Yeah! It worked Mikal!
    Last edited by MM03MOK; 07-03-2006 at 06:06 PM.
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

Smile Hit Deer!

I had a similar experience myself several weeks ago. I was driving down a rural road near the house and I just caught the sight of a deer's head from my right side vision. I swerved the MM violently to the left and heard a loud "bang" - "bang" ****ing deer, I said to myself. I just couldn't bring myself to pull the car over for several miles, knowing that I must have had some real damage. Finally, I pulled over to check the damage. I could not believe my eyes when I closely looked at the right front of the car and couldn't even see a scratch on the paint. A miracle! All I saw was deer hair caught in the fender and door gaps. The two bangs were the head of the deer hitting my right headlight and bumper and then the body bouncing off the right door (more hair). Unbeliveable luck!

On top of all of this, I was driving home this week driving about 75 mph and a tractor trailer tire explodes in front of me and a 8" by 2' slab of rubber hit the left front bumper. Again, expecting the worst and to my surprise not a mark! Unreal!

Glenn
    Trilogy #124 SOLD - 8/2014
    11.80 @ 117.16 MPH: SSHS9
    1.74 sec - 60'
    443 RWHP/437 RWTQ
    "Stock Internal Engine" - Click Below

Yeah now that you said that, some truck is going to kick up a rock and blast it through the grill and bust open the Radiator lol

I have had several rather large rocks bounce off my windsheild without a crack or chip, then a tiny pebble bounced off the hood and put a dime sized crack right in my line of sight!
    My Luck!

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Deer suck.

Nothin but forest rodents! Stupid animal too.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

So when the Sex Pistols asked "Who killed Bambi?" I can answer Defyeant
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Thread Information