Thread: Another Option

Another Option

Found this while doing a little surfing. Looks like it might match up better for those who dont want to open up the stock intake. Dual 60mm.

http://www.accufabracing.com/

U.S.M.C 1988-1992

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

What's the benefit over stock here?
    Last edited by SergntMac; 02-19-2006 at 10:01 AM.

I belive Jet runs with this on his mm as well as some others too..

Warning: Thread hijack in progress

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Hey Mac, where is the rest of your post?

I think this is first one line response I have seen from you....

Hijack over.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Are you serious?!

U.S.M.C 1988-1992

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

That looks like a really nice Throttle Body!
    Twin 60mm is almost exactly 11% more area than the OEM Twin 57mm TB.
    I wonder if that corresponds to a 11% increase in flow?....maybe more?...
    They claim that the OEM TB flows 1089 cfm.
    I was considering the BBK Twin 62mm or Twin 65mm TBs, but as mentioned, the upper intake needs to be port matched to them.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus
    Are you serious?!
    Ummm...Yeah. I thought that since you were introducing the item for discussion, you would explain how the 400 bucks will improve performance over the stock TB, but nevermind.

Ummm...Yeah. I thought that since you were introducing the item for discussion, you would explain how the 400 bucks will improve performance over the stock TB, but nevermind.
    Boy I wish I'd Have sent Dave 2 Commemorative Badges.

U.S.M.C 1988-1992

Boy I wish I'd Have sent Dave 2 Commemorative Badges.
    I can fix this. I can make your wish come true. Send me a refund, I'll ship the badge out to Dave tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I won't post what's wrong about this upgrade.

I never gave or asked for opinions on this as an upgrade. I simply stated that it is another option. When doing a search, as many new members are told to do, you can see that quite a few have changed throttle bodies, for whatever reason. Whos to say this cant be done just for the bling factor? I personally dont care what you think of this as a mod. For some reason you have had some sort of problem with anything I post lately, whether it is the content, or the forum it is posted in. If you still got a problem, give me a call.

U.S.M.C 1988-1992

I never gave or asked for opinions on this as an upgrade. I simply stated that it is another option. When doing a search, as many new members are told to do, you can see that quite a few have changed throttle bodies, for whatever reason. Whos to say this cant be done just for the bling factor? I personally dont care what you think of this as a mod. For some reason you have had some sort of problem with anything I post lately, whether it is the content, or the forum it is posted in. If you still got a problem, give me a call.
    Excuse me, I misunderstood the purpose of this forum "Discussions about the Marauder". I thought mods got talked about from all directions, the good, the bad, the bling...That was my question and my purpose here to begin with. Simple question, what are the benefits? The rest of it came from you. It's done now, peace my friend.

Maybe these will answer your question. Pay particular attention to your replies:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=throttle+body

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...&highlight=bbk

U.S.M.C 1988-1992

Thread Information