Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Own Forum

Our Own Forum

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK
    All set! Didn't take as long as I expected. I'll move this thread over to be The First Thread!!
    Mary,

Thank you, so much, for making the forum change.

I had a good look at it and, you know what? I think that the Northeast Marauders would probably be better served by the name, Mid Atlantic Marauders.

Not only does it sound really cool but it might make for a lot less confusion to board customers.

It seesm like most people think of New England and the Northeast as the same thing.

Anway, thanks a TON for taking care of this for us. Even ifyou don't make the little extra change that I suggested it was still really nice of you to do what you did.

Best,

Dan

BTW- I'll volunteer to be the group leader for this new group if you want someone for that. I was willing to do it for a CT group so the offer stands for this group, too.

Best,

Dan

Housekeeping

This new forum does not yet seem to be on the "Groups" page yet. Is that because it takes time for that page to refresh of does that page need to have some HTML work done to update it?

If it needs some HTML work done to update it and no one has the time to do it I will volunteer to get it done.

I am pretty happy about this new forum and am willing to go a bit extra to make it 100%.

Best,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    This new forum does not yet seem to be on the "Groups" page yet.
    Done!

I had a good look at it and, you know what? I think that the Northeast Marauders would probably be better served by the name, Mid Atlantic Marauders.
    I did think about that, but I'd leave that decision up to the North East group. I know they have t-shirts made up that say "Eastern Regional."
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

May I be the group leader?

Best,

Dan

May I be the group leader?

Best,

Dan
    The only thing "group leader" means, as far as the Board goes, is approving "membership," which simply lets a Member add this subset to their profile. Some groups require this, some are open to anyone that wants to do it. There is no additional responsibility or access. It really doesn't have much meaning, IMO. To me, it's just easier to let people "join" if they want. The forum is visible to all. Anyone, from anywhere, can attend a meet, and I would encourage this whole-heartedly!!!! Works for me!!
    MOK

Thanks for 'splainin that to me. I was thinking that there would need to be some overhead involved and wanted to pitch in.

Why do some of the groups require approval?

Dan

The only thing "group leader" means, as far as the Board goes, is approving "membership," which simply lets a Member add this subset to their profile. Some groups require this, some are open to anyone that wants to do it. There is no additional responsibility or access. It really doesn't have much meaning, IMO. To me, it's just easier to let people "join" if they want. The forum is visible to all. Anyone, from anywhere, can attend a meet, and I would encourage this whole-heartedly!!!! Works for me!!

Why do some of the groups require approval?

Dan
    You'll have to ask them....
    MOK

You'll have to ask them....
    Now I am confused. Groups are obviously something that is controlled by moderators as opposed to the regular user. If it were any other way then I would have been able to set up our group and set up an approval step without asking you.

It was from that point of view that I was asking the question.

Best,

Dan

Now I am confused. Groups are obviously something that is controlled by moderators as opposed to the regular user. If it were any other way then I would have been able to set up our group and set up an approval step without asking you.

It was from that point of view that I was asking the question.

Best,

Dan
    A group leader is not a forum moderator and does not control the content of a forum.

You're now a group leader.

Anyone that wants to join any Group can follow this link, also found in your control panel and Join Group. The Group Leader is notified of your intentions and approves your request.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...editusergroups
    MOK

Thanks, Mary.

I'll try to work for the greater good.

Best,

Dan

A group leader is not a forum moderator and does not control the content of a forum.

You're now a group leader.

Anyone that wants to join any Group can follow this link, also found in your control panel and Join Group. The Group Leader is notified of your intentions and approves your request.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...editusergroups

No on Mid-Atlantic

Dan,
    No need for Mid-Atlantic....I ran for group membership into Northeast Marauders and never received a response. Things are busy enough as it seems. Only more 'rauder owners coming (like me) as things become more affordable and you can find a Marauder if you really want one around here.

Let thing lie at New England Marauders, nails things down much better. Mid Atlantic conflicts with CAM (Capital Area Marauders) who are very much Mid-Atlantic.

I'll help with the T-Shirts and organization if you want. Previous VP of an 83 member Jeep club in our area (not an easy thing).

Ground-swell is building. Need the NY guys too (seems they have the private strip & tune going right now). We're all so close, don't want to dilute down the eastern seaboard when that ground seems more than under control...

MM.net GROUP membership. Just answer the requests (like mine). Leave it open so others can pull into line.

Build it and they will come as it stands. . .

Quote Originally Posted by JWMclane3
    Dan,
    No need for Mid-Atlantic....I ran for group membership into Northeast Marauders and never received a response. Things are busy enough as it seems. Only more 'rauder owners coming (like me) as things become more affordable and you can find a Marauder if you really want one around here.

Let thing lie at New England Marauders, nails things down much better. Mid Atlantic conflicts with CAM (Capital Area Marauders) who are very much Mid-Atlantic.

I'll help with the T-Shirts and organization if you want. Previous VP of an 83 member Jeep club in our area (not an easy thing).

Ground-swell is building. Need the NY guys too (seems they have the private strip & tune going right now). We're all so close, don't want to dilute down the eastern seaboard when that ground seems more than under control...

MM.net GROUP membership. Just answer the requests (like mine). Leave it open so others can pull into line.

Build it and they will come as it stands. . .
    Thanks. I'm not sure how organized we'll get but we can all discuss it at our first meet. I like to keep things open and have as many in the party as possible.

BTW - Which Jeep club were you in? What did you do for them while you were with them?

Best,

Dan

Organization is a relative thing. I like how I see a small idea turn into a hassle-free meet around here. I think we can participate the same way. I still look for the developments within 75 miles but it will be neat to see stuff happen in CT, as well as organize and head out to other things like the Bennigan's run in Yonkers or out to Calverton, for instance. Helps bolster the things already going on with others who love these cars so much.

I was with a club called Rocky Top Wrangler Club. Existed from about '96 to '01. We would do runs in CT (club was based in Essex), up to Florida Road in North Adams, MA, East Beach in RI (in the winter) Pocono Trail Fest in PA, lined up with a club in Western Maine and did big mountain trails and ice runs. Even had a small group head out to Moab.

I had organizational skills so I fell into VP (even got elected as such) and did things like our color newsletter, took in some money here and there for T-Shirts and trophies. We would do toy drives, christmas parties, luau's (spelling?). Had a Jeep show at Executive Jeep and had almost 100 vehicles show up for trophies, pig roast, and the dealer discounted stuff in their "Parts Boutique". But things got a little big. There was a point where I think we were doing 2 events a month during the summer. We had too many people showing up for trail runs and even got 20 people fined (including myself) by the CT DEP for being where we shouldn't have been (but very debatable). Made lemonade out of the situation through. Made friends with the Rangers covering Cockaponsett S.F. and did an event every April where we went through the main roads in the forest and dug out the culverts beside the road.

Ran a little long here (and not very Marauder-centric). I'll keep this stuff in the Lounge as the new forum develops. . .

JWM

Did you ever hear of Eastern 4 Wheelers, the JonFund of NE Jeep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information