Thread: Tried But Didn't Get Build Sheet

Blog Entries

Tried But Didn't Get Build Sheet

Imagine my surprise when I called Ford Customer Service and they said I would be receiving the build sheet on my Marauder. The people at Ford were really courteous and understood what I wanted. At least they said they did. The other day I received an envelope from Ford but no build sheet. It was a letter detailing all the information about the car such as VIN, the standard equipment and options the car has, the date it was built and where built, consecutive unit number (672518) which I have no idea what this is. They also mentioned 3,351 units were built. A little disappointed I didn't get the build sheet but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I got the same thing when I tried to get a build sheet for my 93 TBird SC a couple of years ago. Again, very courteous but really had NO IDEA what a build sheet was no matter how many ways I explained it. I wish Ford had the same ability as my buddy has for his Pontiacs. I think a private concern bought old historic Pontiac records and is now selling them.

Jon
    2004 Mercury Marauder, dark toreador red/dark charcoal interior
    Born On Tuesday, May 18, 2004
    Sequence Nos.: 2,991 of 3,214 ('04), 10,829 of 11,052 (total) & 926 of 980 (DTRs) & 1 of 2,000 '04s without moonroof
    Purchased On Friday, October 22, 2004
    Sold On Wednesday, February 29, 2012
    Final Miles = 099871
    6 CD Trunk Changer, Heated Seats, Alternative Auto Performance Tune, Borla mufflers (#40652),
    "Powered By Ford" 2005 Ford GT Coil Covers, Aeroforce OBD2 Scan Gauge, Replacement Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge,
    McGard Wheel Locks (#24130), 2005 oil filter drip deflector

Build Sheets?!

Hey Guys, I'm new to this site but has anyone else had luck finding their build sheets?? I've done searches for posts related but can't find any other than yours...Now, I know on Mustangs the build sheets are usually tucked up in the back above or between the Fuel Tank and the rear bumper...IF you have the car on a rack you can feel around and see if you can break the tape free...worth a try...anyone else know where we can find the build sheets??

Thread Information