Thread: List of Mods.

Talking List of Mods.

Well, this is my current wish list.

Tinting

4.10 Gears

exhaust (still looking at whitch one's)

Rienhart Chip

Balanced Drive Shaft

Cobra Breaks (My shop looked at them and couldn't beleve the only put the GT breaks on it.)

Cold Plugs new stat.

Have I missed anything?
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

All I've done so far is window tint. For a real mod I'm thinking of doing a cats back custom exhaust first. I'd like some nice exhaust headers, but I'm not sure I'm really that down with it at this point. I wish there were some out of the box air intake mods ready at this point. I'd do that with the exhaust if I could.

After exhaust I'm thinking of doing DR's chip, 4.10 gears, colder plugs, 180 deg thermostat and a metal matrix drive shaft.

The exhaust I plan on doing in the next couple of months, but I want to put some more miles on the car before I do the rest. I also need to go beat up my dealership's service manager and make sure they're going to play fair by me in terms of warranty.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

When I pulled up to the shop, they guys met me half way, and we turned right around to go and look at it.

THey were saying that they can put some nice stuff on, but if i NEED to go to the dealer, to stop in and have them remove some stuff first.

They seem to love the thought of working on it as much as I love the thought of them working on it.

Going to hit their gathering to night after I give her a bath. Show them what there 'Stangs could be when they grow up.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

I've had my Marauder since July 2nd and I've finally done my first mod. Ok....so it's just window tint...but that's how it starts! The tint is really dark! It is 15%. It looks great and it makes a huge difference in the interior temperature in this Southern California summer heat.

Next I want to install a moon roof using OEM parts when they are available.

Then I want to improve the intake. Has anyone considered using a Tornado or Hurricane?

I am hesitant to install the 4:10’s, as I am concerned about the higher RPM on the open road. But it really is tempting as the thing crawls off the line!

I am also strongly considering Dennis' chip.

And I wish he were closer because the thought of supercharging this thing has really got me drooling.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Mercury Mariner Premier 4WD V6
    2008 Mercury Sable Premier
    2002 Mercury Sable LS (Sold)
    1998 Ford Contour Sport (Sold)
    1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 (Scrapped)
    1997 Mercury Villager Nautica (Sold)
    2003 Mazda Protege5 (Sold)

Thread Information