Thread: Drag racing the Marauder this Friday night at Milan Dragway

Thumbs up Drag racing the Marauder this Friday night at Milan Dragway

Sorry for not giving any new info on the Trilogy blower kit, but there just isn’t any news right now. The development car is running great and has had no problems to speak of other then a minor belt squeak that we've handled. Trilogy is simply trying to get all their costs figured out and getting all their ducks in row to start actually selling the kit soon.

I'll be drag racing it this Friday night at Milan drag way here in Michigan. With slightly better air and awesome traction the car in Georgia went faster then I expected.... 13.08@106. This was in 70 degree air with not to bad of humidity. If the weather stays under 60 degrees which its calling for this Friday, I'm hoping for 12.90's with factory rear tires which we've used all along at the drag strips so far. It'll be the traction though to make or break this one. We're hoping to solve that soon any way.We are having a stock pair of Marauder rims widened 1.5" to accommodate the drag radial size that's been popular on the Lightning's. It’s a 305/45-18". Ive seen this tire on a stock width Marauder wheel and it's a little to big an bulgy looking so we felt that widening it about 1.5" would do the trick.

Any way gates open at 4pm at Milan on Friday!

Thanks

wow what other mods u runnin sir?
    2003 MM 300 A
    1984 F150 "STEPSIDE"
    "cause I COULD"

At this time the there are no other mods other then the Supercharger kit and a custom chip to properly tune and calibrate as need with the added boost.
    All else is stock on the car. Stock torque convertor, 3.55 grear's and all the exhaust is stock as well. We dropped the trans pan and messed with the 1-2 shift acuumilator to gain a harsher upshift from 1st to 2nd... because we couldnt get it firm enough simply through computer programing, but wanted to aviod a full-on shift kit because only the 1-2 shift wasnt hard enough at WOT.
    This has worked well so far.
    The prototype car is making in cold air just under 10 psi of boost, not 8-ish as was proposed when the kit goes to market. We're considering selling the kit this way (10psi not 8) simply because of the stellar performance and no problems even with 92 octane fuel.
    The car has been getting abused now for over two months on the street, chassis dyno's and drag strips with no problems.

My next visit to the drags after this Firday will be the weekend of May 2nd-4th for an NMRA race. The location will be National Trail Raceway in Colubus OHIO.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that a Lightning or custom intake after the TB.
    Accufab 65mm Throttlebody, 4.10 gears, and JDM Flipchip. Finally here.

In the future: total custom Twin Turbo at 15-18 PSI
    with Intercooler and 2003 Cobra Mustang lower end with Crank,Manley Rods, and 8.5 over1 Pistons.

14.976 @ 94.8 MPH 03 Marauder stock
    13.028 @ 104.6 MPH 02 Lightning JDM Flipchip,4# lower pulley, and Borla Catback. JLP Ramair, Oilbreather, JLP power pipe
    More to come

The inlet adapter you see is unique to the kit. Only the lower manifold, intercooler core and intercooler heat exchanger behind the grill, which cant be seen is production from an '03 Cobra... all else is considered custom or unique to make it fit so nicely and under the stock hood.

Thanks

Well I made it out to Milan drag way on Friday and don’t have much to say other a total lack of traction on the one and only run I got in. It spun the tires more at the track than it does on the street most of the times. At least 400 feet! It amounted to a 14.21 @ 103 with a horrible 2.2 60 foot time. I only got one run in because of our late arrival and traffic. Plus it was a race night and a test night at the same time. Sadly I only got one run in and it sucked.

Any way I'll be at National trail in Columbus OHIO MAY 2nd-4th with it this coming weekend for any locals who might be interested.

Thanks

ghost Guest
    Originally posted by Lidio
    Well I made it out to Milan drag way on Friday and don’t have much to say other a total lack of traction on the one and only run I got in. It spun the tires more at the track than it does on the street most of the times. At least 400 feet! It amounted to a 14.21 @ 103 with a horrible 2.2 60 foot time. I only got one run in because of our late arrival and traffic. Plus it was a race night and a test night at the same time. Sadly I only got one run in and it sucked.

Any way I'll be at National trail in Columbus OHIO MAY 2nd-4th with it this coming weekend for any locals who might be interested.

Thanks
    Looking at your trap speed I imagine your MM should be good for a low- to mid-13 sec. run.

Kick a$$, Lidio.

Eric

I can't understand why you would drive that far and not bring slicks. Unless you didn't want to put the safety equip. on as required, it is a waste of time.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

Thread Information