Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upper and lower control arms?? interested?

Question upper and lower control arms?? interested?

I havent seen anyone makeing upper and lower control arms that are adjustable. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in upper and lowers with just the uppers as adjustable. You can adjust you pinion angle for lowered cars or can help with traction issues. or non-adjustable upper and lowers. and also would you prefer to use the stock bushings or poyeurothane? Please let me know. I am gonna be makeing a run of these in a week or two. And yes they will be powdercoated. Color undecided at this moment. Please let me know. Thanks!
    missing my baby!

Lets just say I may be makeing some. I will be making a set for my car. I will have pics after finished.
    missing my baby!

Im lowered , how does having adjustable control arms im prove traction with lowered vs non lowered?

Everyone, please forward your questions to Todd Alan Fisher. (TAF)
    He is the authority on pinion angle.

MikesMerc Guest
    Although Zack's comments might be a little....well....tongue in cheek, he makes a valid point. Adjustable arms can be very very tricky to use without destroying your driveline as well as your launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack
    Everyone, please forward your questions to Todd Alan Fisher. (TAF)
    He is the authority on pinion angle.
    Nope...not me...never said I was. My answer is always "I don't know." Like when several folks that I know...who actually ARE suspension experts ask...

"Why would you want these that use the stock rubber bushings? There's no real improvement over the stock ones."

I say..."I don't know."

And when they ask...."Why would anyone WANT these over the Metco ones? That's just plain stupid."

I say..."I don't know."

and when they ask "But...what WAS the reason for making the lower arm longer and changing the pinion angle of this large, heavy car."

I say..."I don't know."

and when they ask... "Why does the self-proclaimed "suspension expert" that designed those things REALLY think that the WATTS link is nothing but a "holder for the rear air ride adjustment piece" and that you could "take the thing completely off and drive the car".

I say..."I don't know."

ok well you guys answered my question. I will not be makeing adjustable uppers. I will just be making upper and lowers with poly bushings and powder coating them. give me two weeks and I will have pics.
    missing my baby!

Jealousy is so ugly...

I am making them for myself Mac. Since you arent making them unless you have 10 orders (@479 a set). I dont see where you are gettin the whole jealously thing. Whats that all about??
    missing my baby!

Quote Originally Posted by sabtaj1
    I am making them for myself Mac. Since you arent making them unless you have 10 orders (@479 a set). I dont see where you are gettin the whole jealously thing. Whats that all about??
    It's not directed at you, my friend, and I apologize if you believed it so. Good luck with your project, building stuff for this car is a lot of fun. Let's try to hook up once they are installed?

No problem Mac. Just wasnt sure what you were talking about. Would love to meet up with ya sometime. Marauders are pretty rare in my area. Maybe 3 or 4? Talk to ya later.
    missing my baby!

I learned my lesson when I asked Zack about this at MVII.

Me: "Tell me about pinion angle. What's it do?"
    Zack: "No."
    Me: "...so, how about those Dodgers?"
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

I'm starting to understand now...
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Quote Originally Posted by jimlam56
    I'm starting to understand now...
    If you need to change anything about your order, please go back to the Z&M control arm thread so I can track them? I'm still hoping for 4 more orders, but I'm not asking anyone to endure insults of any nature just because they have a preferrence in quality and performance. What ever you decide, just let me know what you want to do, it's cool.

My apologies, again, to sabtaj1, for disrupting this thread. Carry on, gents.

Mac its totallay cool. your control arms are awsome. I just decided on trying to make my own set first before buying yours. I am alomst finished with my Jig. Then I am gonna try some aluminum on a three axis mill. Wish me luck!?!
    missing my baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information