I've posted my rear end accident about two months ago. Here's an update on the repairs.
1) I live in a condo building with underground parking with a concrete wall. I washed my MM and was backing it into my space when my wet foot slipped off the brake pedal, and I backed into the wall.
2) DAMAGE - My spoiler had about 8 inches of the rear edge scrapped down to the primer. I had three deep rubs, a lot of surface mars, and a little hairline crazing on the lh corner of the bumper (very hard to notice).
3) REPAIRS - I had my original selling dealer, Elmhust Lincoln-Mercury, of Elmhurst, Illinois do the repairs. They removed the spoiler and found a hairline crack at the edge. They repaired that and then repainted & remounted it. They rubbed out all of the mars from my bumper. They then sanded and repainted the three deep rubs. But they could not repair the lh hairline crazing without removing the bumper cover, having it repaired, and then repainting it.
4) THE DAMAGE ($$$) - They only charged me $ 211.00 for all of the work they did! They wanted $ 711.00 to do the other repair to the bumper, or more if I wanted to install a whole new nos bumper cover.
I passed on the major bumper cover work because they did such an absolutely beautiful all around repair job. It just looks first rate! I can't really tell anymore what still remains to be done. I've found that their bodyshop and the manager, Mike Spilatro, does excellent quality work. They only charged me $ 48.00 per hour labor!
Jim
______________________________ ______________
2004 MERCURY MARAUDER 300A - DTR BORN 04/19/04
1994 FORD TAURUS SHO - GREEN