Thread: Marauder Exhaust

Marauder Exhaust

i have a 03 marauder i put flowmaster 2 chambers on it sounds alot better but i need to now what all is involved in putting a cobra x pipe on does it bolt right up and just have to put ball collectors on pipe going into mufflers or what? also i was wondering will the 02 eliminators for mustangs work on the marauder to keep check eng.light off with no convertors? any info would help greatly. sorry wondering if pipe will work with my stock manifolds/headers
    Last edited by jay03merc; 04-21-2006 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jay03merc
    i have a 03 marauder i put flowmaster 2 chambers on it sounds alot better but i need to now what all is involved in putting a cobra x pipe on does it bolt right up and just have to put ball collectors on pipe going into mufflers or what? also i was wondering will the 02 eliminators for mustangs work on the marauder to keep check eng.light off with no convertors? any info would help greatly. sorry wondering if pipe will work with my stock manifolds/headers
    You could have it custom fabricated. X pipes I've seen and the one on my car (DR Cobra) are welded in. A Mustang exhaust system will not be a bolt on. Eliminators would work, but a tuner can be used to for the same function and more. Know your states laws, the cats may have to be there to pass inspection. Check out our vendors for exhaust options. I am more than pleased with the DR Cobra exhaust on my DTR.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

This picture will help you see the problem clearly. It's a side-by-side comparison of the Marauder Stock exhaust and the DR Cobra manifold.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

thanks for info i didnt know the manifolds were that much different.also ive got a xcal2 on the way i didnt know you could keep the check eng.light off with no convertors with it .any info on that would be helpful also. i put 4.10 gears in this weekend and picked up .5 seconds off my eight mile e.t.

Quote Originally Posted by jay03merc
    thanks for info i didnt know the manifolds were that much different.also ive got a xcal2 on the way i didnt know you could keep the check eng.light off with no convertors with it .any info on that would be helpful also. i put 4.10 gears in this weekend and picked up .5 seconds off my eight mile e.t.
    Welcome to the site and have a good time

Thread Information