Thread: radiator

Tim R. Guest

Angry radiator

I looked under my MM today and noticed that there was a rather large dent in my radiator (lower left) from a rock that bounced off the road. I also noticed that the radiator is pretty exposed to this, no gaurd or anything. I do not drive on gravel paved or dirt roads at high speeds. Just wondering if anyone on the list noticed this and if there was something available on the market.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Police Interceptors used to have a large air dam type shield there. Might be something that could be added to the Marauder?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Originally posted by RCSignals
    Police Interceptors used to have a large air dam type shield there. Might be something that could be added to the Marauder?
    RC that sounds like a good idea. Now all we need is the part number. John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Sounds like our supporting vendors need a heads-up on this --we ALL have this exposure and it is worth investigating and surely spending some bucks on --given that we are over 800 strong on this board--hopefully some vendors will step up with some info ,coast and etc. for us all.....good point John-
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Hey, they P.I.'s do have a great deflector shield for just that reason. I'm not positive about the MM's (cause mine's still being built), but the '03 P.I.'s also have a rather nifty steel skid plate that covers the entire front-end assembly. It's saved my P.I. from damage on more than one occasion in the past few months. In fact it went to use last night while chasing a stolen ATV through the woods on some rough trails.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Originally posted by Constable
    Hey, they P.I.'s do have a great deflector shield for just that reason. I'm not positive about the MM's (cause mine's still being built), but the '03 P.I.'s also have a rather nifty steel skid plate that covers the entire front-end assembly. It's saved my P.I. from damage on more than one occasion in the past few months. In fact it went to use last night while chasing a stolen ATV through the woods on some rough trails.
    The skid plate you mention has been part of the Police Interseptor package for more that 30 years. You are correct they have saved numerous PI's. John
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

What you see up front is not the radiator,it's the AC condener.That thig covers the whole front of the radiator.
    Either way it still needs some type of cover.

True... the skid plate is great. I have noticed that the new design for the '03 frontend sits a bit low. But i'd rather scrape that on a curb than anything else on the undercarriage. It would be a superb mod for anyone with an MM if they are not already equipped.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Originally posted by Constable
    Hey, they P.I.'s do have a great deflector shield for just that reason.
    It also helps direct more air through the radiator for better cooling.

Check your '03 PI next time to see if they still have the large plastic air dam/shield. If they do it should fit the MM, and maybe Jefferson can look up the part #

Thread Information