Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sense of pride...

A sense of pride...

I'm I alone or do we all here agree with me when I say we have one of the meanest looking cars made. It looks aggressive, but clean. When I park my beast in a parking lot awary from everything else, walking back to her, I can't help but take pride in the look of our cars when compared to everything else parked in the lot. Nothing out there compares.

Welcome to the DARKSIDE...

2003 Black Mercury Marauder

Black and Chrome RPM 505 wheels staggered 18x8 and 18x9, Custom tune by ELD Performance, JLT cold air intake, FRPP 4:10 gears, PI 3000 Stall Torque converter, PHP intake spacer, Stainless Works Complete Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs, Steeda underdrive pulleys, Custom Painted Black factory spoiler, 15% Tint front and rear , Kenwood Excelon 6x8 Front and 6x9 rear Speakers, Pioneer 600w 4 channel amp, Zack and Mack Control arms, Addco Front and Rear Sway bars

Best run: 13.75 @ 99.6 sec on 4 May 07

A couple days ago I drove by a L/M dealer and out front was a DTR Marauder. The kicker was that it was the center of the whole lot parked lengthwise to get all the attention. To each side were new Town Cars and Navigators, but here is the Marauder dead center and out front getting shown off the most. I thought that was pretty nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Big House
    I'm I alone or do we all here agree with me when I say we have one of the meanest looking cars made. It looks aggressive, but clean. When I park my beast in a parking lot awary from everything else, walking back to her, I can't help but take pride in the look of our cars when compared to everything else parked in the lot. Nothing out there compares.
    You are not alone. Anytime Im walking up or even away from my car I cant help but stare at it thinking the same thing. There are other aggressive looking cars but none have the presence that a Marauder has. I think when you see a Marauder coming down the road towards you that theres nothing else like it
    Trilogy #119 S/C installed by Carfixer/Tallboy

I agree.

I got lots of looks and questions when she was stock. Now I get even more. A lady stopped me outside the 7-11 just his morning and said her husband would be jealous.
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

I agree as well. It just has that "look". I remember when I went to go look at the car at the dealership. They had it up on the "Ramp". They took it down just so I could take it for a drive and I've had that smile ever since.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

You are sooooooo right my man . I recently sold my beloved 01 SC Mustang GT. Now my Silver Marauder took it's place where it bleongs in the garage. Today I got in, started her up, back her out looking and sounding soooo sweet. Got out admiring her silver paint sparkling in the Florida sun and said out loud, dam this is the best car I have ever owned. She is comfortable, roomy, gets constant looks everywhere I go with her and hauls azz...what more could you possibly want in a car.
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

You are correct, Sir!

As stated before, I really appreciate my MM when I am walking back to it. It is so unlike any other car in the lot, I have to smile. Soon to be badgeless, (thanks Zach) it will look even meaner!
    Just another clown on a bike...

As good as any man, better than none.

Former owner of a highly modified and very fast Marauder.

"You CAN fit a square peg into a round hole, all you need is a big enough hammer." -Original

Bob,

I was thinking about removing the rear trunk lid badge. Folks need not know what the beast is...just know that it is a beautiful hulking Black beast that belches fire and runs like a bat out of the depths of HE!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseheadbob
    As stated before, I really appreciate my MM when I am walking back to it. It is so unlike any other car in the lot, I have to smile. Soon to be badgeless, (thanks Zach) it will look even meaner!

Welcome to the DARKSIDE...

2003 Black Mercury Marauder

Black and Chrome RPM 505 wheels staggered 18x8 and 18x9, Custom tune by ELD Performance, JLT cold air intake, FRPP 4:10 gears, PI 3000 Stall Torque converter, PHP intake spacer, Stainless Works Complete Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs, Steeda underdrive pulleys, Custom Painted Black factory spoiler, 15% Tint front and rear , Kenwood Excelon 6x8 Front and 6x9 rear Speakers, Pioneer 600w 4 channel amp, Zack and Mack Control arms, Addco Front and Rear Sway bars

Best run: 13.75 @ 99.6 sec on 4 May 07

You Ain't Alone

... or do we all here agree with me when I say we have one of the meanest looking cars made.
    Oh goody ..... its not just my obsession !! I completely agree. Very stylish, mean stance, and distinctive.

On Tuesday, I had to run up to Annapolis for some "family" business. I pulled into a business center lot and two guys were standing on the curb. As I get out of the car, I overheard one say "Man, that's is one mean looking Grand Marquis". I just looked at both of them and said "Man, that ain't no Marquis". Then it was show-and-tell time. So, that's two more folks who now know what a Marauder is.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

William, as we speak the FedEx guy just dropped off my badgeless grille. Holy *****, what a piece of art it is. It is absolutely perfect! My detail shop will be doing a full inside/out ground up detail Tuesday. They will be removing my "Marauder S/C" decals along with the pinstripe. I am going as stealth as I can. I will be removing the trunk badge when I get my repaint. All I want folks to say about the car is...... WTF was that!
    Bob,

I was thinking about removing the rear trunk lid badge. Folks need not know what the beast is...just know that it is a beautiful hulking Black beast that belches fire and runs like a bat out of the depths of HE!!.

"You CAN fit a square peg into a round hole, all you need is a big enough hammer." -Original

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseheadbob
    William, as we speak the FedEx guy just dropped off my badgeless grille. Holy *****, what a piece of art it is. It is absolutely perfect! My detail shop will be doing a full inside/out ground up detail Tuesday. They will be removing my "Marauder S/C" decals along with the pinstripe. I am going as stealth as I can. I will be removing the trunk badge when I get my repaint. All I want folks to say about the car is...... WTF was that!
    Didn't I tell ya Zack is the man?

Let me know what you think when you pick 'er up from the detail shop.
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Trilogy Supercharger Serial #0054
    Installed by Carfixer 10/16/2004

Tallboy's Garage

I will take some digital pictures of it. I am going to have to ask for some guidance as to how to post them. Please bare with me as I am slightly computer challenged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy
    Didn't I tell ya Zack is the man?

Let me know what you think when you pick 'er up from the detail shop.

While at a stop light a trucker was turning the corner, and took one look at my car, and almost came to a stop with his mouth open as if he was spell bound. In a parking lot a guy comes up to me and says "what a perfect balance" Everything looks as if it was made to go together on this car. I told him it was. Ford really blew it. It't too bad they don't get to hear or see the things we do. 03 blk w/spoiler

Agree with you all! I still love walking up to the MM and how it looks coming and going, although the only time I see it going is when my better half takes it for a jaunt to the grocery store. Went to the carwash this week-end and a guy asks me how much I paid for the rims...I told him they came with the car!!! We were bling before bling was in!

JR

2003 Black MM 300A
    Build date: 6/4/02
    Start date:11/16/02
    Adopted 10/22/04
    #507 of 7838
    *40% Tint
    2011 Pearlwhite Nissan Maxima

I was in Albany earlier this week on union business. A captain from one of our other locals was in the rear seat when I had to do some aggressive driving to get in the proper lane to turn. "man I thought this was just a fancy Vic, what the hell is under the hood?" Did some explaining and had a good time watching people stopping and staring at her parked on the street at a reception.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information