Thread: Another Dead Pedal Installed!

Another Dead Pedal Installed!

Installed my Kenny Brown dead pedal today. Did it in about 40 minutes including getting everything together, doing the install and clean up. Drilling the wholes in the kick panel took the longest. Getting the template aligned, plus I had to over drill the wholes to get proper alignment.
    Took it for a drive today. At 6' 3" this is a great $80.00 investment. The issue for me is that I have to sit back from the steering wheel which had me extend my left leg to the floor board to feel comfortable. Something I had to do in my 97 CrownVic. That position caused me not to sit straight in my seat. Now I adjust the pedals to align right foot with my left foot resting on the dead pedal and feels sooooo much better. Also, it does how help keep me in my seat in making turns.

There is a tech tip on this site on how to install it. I read through it before doing this, made it much easier. KB pictures and instructions are a little vague (sorry KB).

If you do a lot of driving or just don't sit quite right in your seat, I would highly suggest a dead pedal for any CV, GrandMarquis or Rauder.
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal
    Silencer Removed
    K&N Air Filter
    Amsoil Synthetic

MMpridenjoy Guest
    Any chance you might be able to point to that tech tip you mention on the dead pedal? Have done a search here and cannot seem to locate it.

Here is Piglet's Post

Dead Pedal Installation by Piglet You will have to scroll down a little.

LML This would be good for the FAQ section. One thing on Piglet's not on KB's sheet. The dead pedal bracket goes under the hood release bracket.
    The 10mm deep well is for the back nut and I believe the front required a 3/8.
    The only different was the 1/4". I had to make my whole a little bigger to get proper alignment. The template was a little hard to work with, because it is not exact. It is a very simple installation.
    Last edited by cyled; 05-05-2003 at 05:14 AM.
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal
    Silencer Removed
    K&N Air Filter
    Amsoil Synthetic

Thread Information