View Poll Results: Will you be attending the Eaton Automotive Track Event?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as a racer.

0 0%
  • Yes, as a spectatior.

0 0%

Thread: Motor City Marauders Regional Event - EATON AUTOMOTIVE DRAG RACE EVENT!

MI2QWK4U Guest

Motor City Marauders Regional Event - EATON AUTOMOTIVE DRAG RACE EVENT!

Jerry Barnes forgot to post this earlier, so we apologize for the late notice! Eaton is having it's annual Drag Race Event at Milan Dragway on June 13th, 2006. Eaton is still very interested in some of the Eaton equipped Marauders participating in the event, and since a majority of the Motor City Crew has Eatons on their Marauders, our club has been invited to participate in this awesum event again this year. ALL Motor City Marauders were cordially invited, so I accepted on behalf of the club. All of our Marauders are welcome whether supercharged or not! This is a very exclusive by invitation only event that includes a full day of racing, test and tune, and brackets with very nice Awards! They also cater one hell of a great dinner. I can attest to this event as one not to miss, take the day off work!! A bunch of MCM's went last year.

Any further updates will be posted here, along with how to be on the registered list. Jerry told me he will have the specific details for us tomorrow and I will post them here. For the time being, if you can attend, select yes in the pole.

Here are the Details:
    Dear Valued Customer:

You are invited to attend our 12th Annual Eaton Automotive sponsored drag race outing at Milan Dragway on Tuesday, June 13, 2006. This outing is to thank you for your support and business throughout the year!

The agenda for the day is:

9:00 am Gates open, vehicle inspection begins

10:00 am - 4:00 pm Time trials

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Track closed

5:00 pm - 9:00 pm Eliminations

9:00 pm Awards presentation

Note: Dinner will be served from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm and the concession stand will be open earlier in the day to provide snacks/lunch as needed.

Motorcycles are welcome, however, the track will only allow them to race against other motorcycles.

Individuals planning to race their vehicle should arrive no later than 2:00 pm for time trial purposes. After participating in the trials, you will know which of the four categories you will race in:

11.99 and faster Pro E.T.

12.00-13.99 Super Street

14.00 - 15.99 Factory Flyer

16.00 and slower Daily Driver

International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) rules apply and the track can refuse any vehicle to race; however, most stock production vehicles in good condition will pass technical inspection. Helmets are required for all vehicles 13.99 and faster. Milan Dragway recommends a helmet for all racers, so bring yours if you have one. Drag racing, as with any type of motorsport activity, can be hazardous. You will be required to sign a release of liability form when you enter the track, along with a second form if you race your vehicle.

We look forward to having you participate as a spectator or a racer. Either way, a great time is guaranteed. If you have never raced before, this is the perfect opportunity to give it a try, as there will be many friendly competitors on hand to help you out. Because we use a bracket-racing format, even your slow daily driver could potentially win the bracket, so don't be afraid to give it a show with your minivan! We hope to see you there!

See you soon!
    Last edited by MI2QWK4U; 06-12-2006 at 12:36 PM.

bigslim Guest
    Still up in the air on this one. I let you know by tommorrow.

Sorry, can't make this one. Sure will miss it.
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-White
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-Silver
    2011 Ford Fusion SE

Retired 2003 Mercury Marauder/Trilogy 054
    Retired 2004. 13.00 on Nitrous safely tuned by Alt Auto.

Sorry Dave gotta work.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

Damn

Damn I have to work also.I was there last year and it was a awesome time.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack Goby
    Damn I have to work also.I was there last year and it was a awesome time.

It was an awesome time. I guess it just isnt awesome enough to take the day off.

How about eaton powered Mark VIII ? I could prolly make it... too bad no DRs at this time.
    97 M8 5.0 6Speed

Stock ? - yeah right ...

MikesMerc Guest
    Unfortunately this is just too late of notice to get away from work. I'll hafta miss this one

MI2QWK4U Guest
    I unfortunately wont be able to get away from work either.

Quote Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
    It was an awesome time. I guess it just isnt awesome enough to take the day off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
    I unfortunately wont be able to get away from work either.

Upp...What?

I would like to go, but I have to work late.
    God Bless our Troops
    God Bless the U.S.A.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Upp...What?
    Here we go again. Sticking your 2 cents in a thread that you have no stake in. Why don't you just mind your own business? You can't even begin to justify your post here as anything other than an attempt to stir up something with the Motor City Crowd again. Those two statements are pretty much easy to understand. Well here goes, try to keep up... The first statement was directed towards anyone that can simply take the day off, but doesnt want to for whatever reason. The second statement was indicating that I personally cannot just take the day off due to manpower levels and minimum staffing levels, those are common terms used in public safety so I am assuming you can understand them. This event wasnt passed on to us a few weeks ago, so it was short notice for some of us.
    I sincerely hope that answers your questions.

bigslim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac
    Upp...What?
    What is this about?? Why are you commenting on this? Will you be there? No!! I think this is between Dave and Paul. Leave it alone Mac.

bigslim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.continental
    I would like to go, but I have to work late.
    I hope you can go and represent us in a great way. I too have to work since I have a new apprentice this week. Also, it was too short notice for me.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    All the information needed to attend is in the first post. Jerry was sorry for getting the info to us late. The late notice is going to kill attendance, especially since most of us were planning on going Thursday for FME night at Milan. Anyone wanting to go, just tell them at the gate you are with Jerry Barnes of Trilogy, you can call him at the office in the morning if you need.

Thread Information