Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The case of the missing S/C on the Grand Marquis Marauder

The case of the missing S/C on the Grand Marquis Marauder

It seems that once the hood was opened, the S/C was missing. Eh wot??
    Elementary my dear Watson, the seller of this car is a blithering idiot !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3ASS%3AUS%3A1

Wow what a great ad.

Did you see this:

Body Style: 4 Dr Station Wagon

<table class="attributesTable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="attributeLabel"> Year </td><td class="attributeLabel"> Make </td><td class="attributeLabel"> Model </td><td class="attributeLabel"> VIN </td></tr><tr><td class="attributeValue"> 2004 </td><td class="attributeValue"> Mercury </td><td class="attributeValue"> Grand Marquis </td><td class="attributeValue"> 2MEHM79V54X610075 </td></tr><tr><td class="attributeLabel"> Stock Number </td><td class="attributeLabel"> Mileage </td><td class="attributeLabel"> Transmission </td><td class="attributeLabel"> Engine </td></tr><tr><td class="attributeValue"> </td><td class="attributeValue"> 36,270 </td><td class="attributeValue"> Automatic </td><td class="attributeValue"> 8 - Cyl. 4.6 L </td></tr><tr><td class="attributeLabel"> Exterior Color </td><td class="attributeLabel"> Interior Color </td><td class="attributeLabel"> Body Style </td><td class="attributeLabel"> Title Status </td></tr><tr><td class="attributeValue"> Burgundy </td><td class="attributeValue"> Other Color </td><td class="attributeValue"> 4 Dr Station Wagon </td><td class="attributeValue"> Clear</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

- Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by MERCMAN
    the seller of this car is a blithering idiot !!
    No, no this is the very rare and exclusive decontented s/c Marauder.

jeremy

Hey - it SAYS "Supercharged."

It must be in there somewhere - check the center console.
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

I just email'd him this:

You describe this as being Supercharged. There is a Supercharged Badge on the side of the car. But.... I don't see a supercharger under the hood.
    Am I missing something, or is this a Scam?

I then called him. He said he has received about 10 EMails saying that the car is not s/c'd, and he is going to pull the add. He said he thought it was s/c'd. But....his ad says his mechanics checked the car out? Must not be that good...... or they took it and reverted it back to stock

KillJoy

Gentleman, the "supercharged" emblem is to identify the condition of the previous owners credit card. He obviously used it to purchase the car, and wanted everyone to know he was indebted to his CC company.
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

I called Brandon too, and he just started laughing..."How many of you guys are out there?" he asked. "All of 'em" I said.

He said he's going to take it down today and re-list it.

These ebay listers just slay me with their knowledge of cars. I had my oil change down a few wks ago at the ford dealership I used to work at and I looked on the paperwork I was given when I paid for the service and it list my car as a Grand Marquis....even the service advisor told the lube tech kid that "be careful with the gentlemen's Marauder" lol.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Did you also tell him it was not a station wagon and it is not burgundy in color its DTR? Well if you didn't I did . He said I was about the 20th person to call!!!
    MM.NET Member #3943

11/24/04 -'04 Silver Birch , Moon Roof, charcoal Interior,
    12/25/05 - Lower grill Mod - Thanks DEFYANT, 12/29/05 - OEM Spoiler - blankenship aero
    01/06/06 - Vynal Shades - Executive Signs Ltd., 01/06/06 - Silver Stars - MM.net (thanks everyone)
    01/11/06 - Remote start alarm ( North Park Linc. Merc. ), 02/16/06 - Pro Gurard - Reinhart Automotive
    02/24/06 - JLT CAI/RAI - JLT Performance(Jay Tucker), 06/14/06 - Godshead logo locking valve caps (Wes)
    02/14/07 - XCAL2 tuned by Lidio

VEHICLES AND MILAGE :
    04 MARAUDER: 95,XXX (June 09) SOLD 1-28-14
    03 IMPALA: 126,XXX (June 09), Died Oct '11 143K
    01 SUBURBAN: 87,XXX (June 09) Traded in 9-22-12 123K
    07 SUBURBAN LT 4X4 84,XXX (Sept. '12)
    07 INFINITI G35 79,997 (Dec. '11) Her Ride!

I hope having a "SUPERCHARGED" badge on your Marauder doesn't become like the "Type R" badge did for ricers...

Apparently the original owner was a moron...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord
    I hope having a "SUPERCHARGED" badge on your Marauder doesn't become like the "Type R" badge did for ricers...

Apparently the original owner was a moron...
    You mean, the Reinhart badge?

Other possible problems with that S/C Marauder

The fuel gauge is sitting on "Empty" with the low fuel light lit. Whoever buys this needs to take a 5 gallon can of 93 with them.

The car is also idling at 750 rpm and the voltage shows as 12 volts ... maybe he had everything running .... but the idle seems high and the voltage seems low.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder
    The fuel gauge is sitting on "Empty" with the low fuel light lit. Whoever buys this needs to take a 5 gallon can of 93 with them.

The car is also idling at 750 rpm and the voltage shows as 12 volts ... maybe he had everything running .... but the idle seems high and the voltage seems low.
    But the oil pressure is good! 62 lbs

jeremy (how come my oil pressure is not 62 at idle)

Question

Something else about that car is off too...couldn't put my finger on it right away. Then I remembered riding in Wes Chain's DTR down in TX...

The interior's off. Seats are a different color from the rest of the interior. When I rode in Wes' car, the interior was one uniform color; somehow this example on Ebay has got beige seats with charcoal everything-else...

Here's my personal theory: This car is a theft-recovery. Probably was S/C'd at one point in time, got stolen, got stripped (losing the S/C and seats in the process), then got recovered. Dealer buys car at police auction, redoes the interior, cleans up the engine compartment, but forgets to take those pesky "SUPERCHARGED" badges off the fenders...

...or maybe I'm just seein' things. Anybody else seeing what I'm seeing, or have I succumbed to the volcanic fumes at last?

EDIT: Also notice the transparent fusible-link mounted on the pass. side fenderwell (see engine compartment photos). This thing's had a super-stereo in it at one
    point in time...
    Last edited by marauder307; 06-20-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    Traveling the world on PONTIAC power!

Quote Originally Posted by marauder307
    Something else about that car is off too...couldn't put my finger on it right away. Then I remembered riding in Wes Chain's DTR down in TX...

The interior's off. Seats are a different color from the rest of the interior. When I rode in Wes' car, the interior was one uniform color; somehow this example on Ebay has got beige seats with charcoal everything-else...

Here's my personal theory: This car is a theft-recovery. Probably was S/C'd at one point in time, got stolen, got stripped (losing the S/C and seats in the process), then got recovered. Dealer buys car at police auction, redoes the interior, cleans up the engine compartment, but forgets to take those pesky "SUPERCHARGED" badges off the fenders...

...or maybe I'm just seein' things. Anybody else seeing what I'm seeing, or have I succumbed to the volcanic fumes at last?

I dunno... in some of the pics the seats look kinda beige, in others they look like that light gray (flint?) that some of them came with.
    04 Marauder 300A - Dark Toreador Red - STOCK - 1 of 980
    Build date: 11/17/2003 - Delivered: 03/24/2004
    Heated Seats - CD Changer - Trunk Org. - SS Inserts - JLT CAI - McGard Locks
    Gone but not forgotten...
    03 Marauder 300A - Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information