Thread: Blinking o/d light and battery light

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Blinking o/d light and battery light

Please.....Ok here is the situation: I get off of work at 3 P.M. and usually remote start the car to cool it down (we hit 100 yesterday), So it sits in idle for about 10 minutes and then it timed out and turned off, then I started it as I was walking to the car and forgot to put the key in and stepped on the break so it turned off, this time I started it with the key. No problems yet.
    I go to pick up some boxes here from work and the car sits idling for about another 10 minutes. So I load up 7 empty boxes an head for home which is a three mile trip. I have a total of 3 turns, one to leave work to the main street, one to turn onto my street and the last to turn in to home. I stop at 2 traffic lights on the way only about 30 seconds each.
    I use the o/d button once as I go down a hill to slow and rev as I go down the hill from about 55 mph, then I click it again to go to normal opperation. Maybe about 10-15 seconds use of the button. Well another mile and a half down the road the problem starts...I feel a little rough shift as I am slowing down from about 35 to about 10-15 mph and I look down and see the o/d light blinking and the battery light came on. I look and all my other gauges and all seem to be in the norm. Oil pressure ok, Volts about 12, water temp in the middle. The only other problem was that the car seemed as if was about to stall out but as soon as I stepped on the gas to go thru traffic it went.

As I turned in to my apt complex it seemed a little juttery...then the lights went off and then nothing else happened....I backed in to my parking spot as I normally do....nothing unsual happing....shifted fine. I then let the car Idle as I made a quick call the the dealership and left a message for my service writer. I checked battery connections, oil level, trans level, the tensioner pully was moving side to side abit but no noises or anything else unusual was noted.

I then turned off the car and did not drive it till this morning. The service writer called back that evening and asked me about it I told him the story above and said if I had anymore problems with it to bring it in after work. When I drove it this morning I had no problems with it. I made my usual stop at the local stop and rob and restared it and made my way to work and no problems.

I tried to be as thorough as I could with all the info I had so I hope some one could tell me something...I do have about 5100 miles left in my 3yr/36k warranty. I have had the car since new, and I currently have no mods on it.....did have JLT on it before 30k check up. No other mods have been on this car performance wise.

Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by SID210SA; 12-03-2010 at 08:35 AM.
    MM.NET Member #3943

11/24/04 -'04 Silver Birch , Moon Roof, charcoal Interior,
    12/25/05 - Lower grill Mod - Thanks DEFYANT, 12/29/05 - OEM Spoiler - blankenship aero
    01/06/06 - Vynal Shades - Executive Signs Ltd., 01/06/06 - Silver Stars - MM.net (thanks everyone)
    01/11/06 - Remote start alarm ( North Park Linc. Merc. ), 02/16/06 - Pro Gurard - Reinhart Automotive
    02/24/06 - JLT CAI/RAI - JLT Performance(Jay Tucker), 06/14/06 - Godshead logo locking valve caps (Wes)
    02/14/07 - XCAL2 tuned by Lidio

VEHICLES AND MILAGE :
    04 MARAUDER: 95,XXX (June 09) SOLD 1-28-14
    03 IMPALA: 126,XXX (June 09), Died Oct '11 143K
    01 SUBURBAN: 87,XXX (June 09) Traded in 9-22-12 123K
    07 SUBURBAN LT 4X4 84,XXX (Sept. '12)
    07 INFINITI G35 79,997 (Dec. '11) Her Ride!

Thread Information