View Poll Results: How would you like your Autometer/FMC Marauder specific gauge cluster?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give me the two below and two on the A-pillar.

8 12.70%
  • I'll take two below and three on the A-pillar.

2 3.17%
  • Three below and two up on the A-pillar for me.

36 57.14%
  • Give me three on both the A-pillar and center cousel.

8 12.70%
  • What are gauges?

9 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauder Specific Gauge Cluster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Marauder Specific Gauge Cluster

Would you do it?

IMPORTANT: You may vote up there regaurdless if you'd actually buy it or not. Please only reply to this post if you would buy it. Thanks!
    Last edited by LincMercLover; 05-14-2003 at 02:00 PM.

Yes.
    Black 03MM-A Bought 8/26/02 Built 6/ 21/02 -SOLD
    IMOA MV1, MV2

2008 Lincoln Mark LT, loaded

Hell yes. If my wife were to let me.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

Blue Marauder Guest
    I don't get it. What additional gauges are you talking about putting where?

Blue--Read earlier post by Sarge..today...and get back with us....and I voted yes and also e-mail Sarge..yall need to do that as well..so get with it!!!!!!!
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

I would only want three "functioning" gauges in the center console. I voted (2 in A) + a three below. Most likely would try to sell the two A-pillar, if they don't offer the three below only set.
    300A Stock MM03 born on 6/25/2002 - sold June 2010!
    (owner from 8/26/2002 - June 2010)

- Production# 2003 of 7838
    - @17000miles 1/4 in 15.1s@93.3mph
    - 180 TStat
    - 235/50/18 on all four corners
    - Dyno tune by SCT (Jerry W.) on 04-03-04
    @ 260.7 hp/285.5 ft-lbs
    - Front and rear EBC brakes with SS lines
    - PHP upper & lower rear control arms
    - Metco C/F intake tube
    - Infinity speakers

Blue Marauder Guest
    Originally posted by marauderman
    Blue--Read earlier post by Sarge..today...and get back with us....and I voted yes and also e-mail Sarge..yall need to do that as well..so get with it!!!!!!!
    OK. Found the post. Other than a real oil pressure gauge I see no use for the other gauges. Sorry. Frankly, to me a piller pod looks too "rice."

darebren Guest
    they already have all this. the a pillar pod i have, used charcoal greay plastic spray paint on it, perfect match. the other guages are all there too.

Originally posted by MMM2003
    I would only want three "functioning" gauges in the center console. I voted (2 in A) + a three below. Most likely would try to sell the two A-pillar, if they don't offer the three below only set.
    MMM2003, I don't believe you will have any problem disposing of your spare A-Pillar setup. Many here have other gauges in place now, and if I judge my e-mails correctly, you will be able to move your spare parts to a another MM or CV owner in a few e-mails.

I expect to see more trading of pieces after this package becomes a reality, and that is being factored into the numbers. Making the whole package a reality is the task at hand, and without the numbers, it may not fly.

If you can see yourself getting the setup you want, and not being stuck with spare parts, let me know what you want to do. I need hard numbers of interested parties, to get the package on track with AutoMeter. Drop me an e-mail if you can get behind this initial offering?

Originally posted by Blue Marauder
    Other than a real oil pressure gauge I see no use for the other gauges. Sorry. Frankly, to me a piller pod looks too "rice."
    Maybe right now you cannot see how these gauges can improve on, or, aid you and I agree. I drove "blind" since day one, just about a year ago now. Because I believed the MM's ECM system would warn me when something was about to go very wrong. I have since discovered that it will not. I will be warned, but only after something very bad has already gone very wrong.

I'd rather see what's coming than read what happened, and the clues to change this are available in a functional gauge package that we did not get from LM.

As owners, or "users" if you will, there are certain and specific areas of engine operation which are critical to performance and longevity that any owner (user) should monitor daily.

Oil pressure, coolant temperature, transmission temperature, air/fuel ratio, and voltage, are areas where daily monitoring of what is happening right now under my hood, is critical to the life of the car. We need to keep an eye on these specs, and to gauge it the way AutoMeter can report to us the facts, is in our best interests.

Maybe you cannot see how these gauges can improve on, or, aid you in your ownership right now, but somewhere down the MM ownership road you may change your mind. If ever you need to know more, drop me a line at SergntMac@aol.com and I'll help you figure things out. As for the "rice" look, I've come to meet and admire many of them. Despite how they pursue what they do, they DO know their engines and watch them closely for what is happening under their collective hoods right now.

I have to give them my mild praise, they are tuning rice engines in ways we do not approve of, or, appreciate here and now, but they do know what they are doing and part of that comes from watching what is going on in areas we do not customarilly watch. Please do not blame the user for exploiting the cheapest route available to him. Rice maybe their food, but their hunger is All-American "rock and roll" street rod.

Originally posted by darebren
    they already have all this. the a pillar pod i have, used charcoal greay plastic spray paint on it, perfect match. the other guages are all there too.
    Well...Not exactly, not precisely, darebren, not OEM appearing and surely, not including gauges that monitor what engine functions we need to watch on a regular basis.

This isn't a collection of "pods" we can do now, but a complete A-pillar that looks much smarter, much more OEM installed.

What spurred me to approach AutoMeter to begin with, is that everything I wanted to know about my MM's daily health came from "patched up" gauges, fixes, and look-a-like simulations from AutoMeter's catalogue.

But...I am a certified MM owner who got "profiled" into ownership. Quite naturally, I would want my gagues to be real gauges, working gauges that tell me what is going on under my hood. And I want them to appear like they were factory installs, stuff I got with my MM and not added afterwards. or in a hokey appearing manner.

Maybe I'm a bit "out there" on this perfect appearance thingy, but the e-mail I've gotten so far says that I am not standing alone in this left field.

If you like the package as Brett and I have set it up, drop me an e-mail and say so. If not, thanks for your input and happy motoring.
    Last edited by SergntMac; 05-15-2003 at 08:03 AM.

I have a question for you guys. Are all of the guages electronic? In other words you don't have an oil tube coming into the passenger compartment for oil pressure, etc. Those units would have a sender unit to send an electronic signal to the guage correct?

I don't see why this wouldn't work in the Crown Vic LX Sports with the center console. We have the same center space of the MM, but it is a place for storing stuff. Unfortunately, I have the DigiDash option which only includes water temp. Everything else is a "too late" dummy light.

I am getting the AED roots blower kit installed this weekend, and would like to get a boost guage installed, along with a tach, volts, oil pressure, and water temp - all ANALOG DIALS!

I would be interested in a kit like this!
    2001 Ford Crown Vic LX Sport
    • AED Intercooled Eaton M90s s/c @9 PSI
    • Fox Lake Stage 1 P&P Heads
    • BBK 75mm Throttle Body
    • Marauder airbox and 80mm MAF
    • Cobra heat exchanger & Lightning intercooler pump
    • Ford Trac-Loc w/ 3.27 gears
    • ADTR Stage 1 Intake tube

MI2QWK4U Guest
    I am in...but one suggestion. I would like a boost guage for the supercharger.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Maybe I'm a bit "out there" on this perfect appearance thingy
    You aren't "out there Mac. I'd much prefer gauges with the OEM look, as if i'd never changed or added anything.
    In fact without it, I'm not sure I'd be in a rush to change out the gauges. So these in OEM style would be perfect.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

I only want three for the bottom, not in to having them on the a-piler

Sarge not to be a suckup but I'm in agreement with ya on this issue. I want the gauges to look as oem as possible and also the more info the better. ; )
    2003 MM 300 A
    1984 F150 "STEPSIDE"
    "cause I COULD"

DLoreanMARAUDER Guest
    I voted 3 center 2 A-piller
    I would DEFINITALY GO FOR THE 3 on the center consol, but the a-pillar is questionable (kinda does look a bit "ricer" or like a "cut and paste" job, but if the three pod center consol is only avalible with the A-piller ID STILL BUY! hope it becomes a reality

Originally posted by HookedOnCV

I am getting the AED roots blower kit installed this weekend, and would like to get a boost guage installed, along with a tach, volts, oil pressure, and water temp - all ANALOG DIALS!

I would be interested in a kit like this!
    I belive there is a company (Dakota Digital i think) that makes round digital gauges that would fit as a replacement for the analog. if you hae a digital dash maybe you should look into digital gauges, but if you want analog, GO FOR IT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information