Thread: super charger

super charger

does any one offer a supercharger kit besides trilogy for merc marauders???? im thinking of buying one soon.i wouldnt mind the trilogy but i here people are having them ported just like all cobra owners either have there stock eaton ported or change to kenne bell. for now boost levels would be fine with a stock trilogy but later one i would like a forged eng. with about 18 to 20psi. i dont know if the stock trilogy would handle that.????????????

bigslim Guest
    You will need to have the bottom end built before you put that much boost to your engine. The stock Trilogy will not handle that kind of boost. We got guys running in the 11's with 13.5 pds of boost. I do know that Lidio at Alternative Performance ported his intake for the Trilogy but found no real increase in power.

There are a few other kits out there. Greg at F.I.T. has the Procharger kit and Dennis Reinhart offers the Vortech kit. Both of these are centrifucal blowers. I have seen the Vortech kit run in the 11's. The Procharger kit is getting closer and closer to running in the 11's also.

Zack is working on a Kenny Bell twin-screw for his MM right now. This should be a kit that will handle big boost levels. It will be interesting to see how that kit turns out.

Any other question I would say do a search or contact each of the vendors for their help and assistance. Good luck.

I just installed a Dennis Reinhart Vortech Air to Air kit. Nice kit for the $$$. We will all know the #'s this coming Friday evening

KillJoy

There's lots of info on superchargers here... but I don't think it's a great idea to post a thread in the Trilogy that leads readers to their competition.

Oh, and 18 - 20 psi? Maybe you want a diesel engine to handle that safely!
    Trilogy #146!!! Self-Installed with a little help!

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim
    You will need to have the bottom end built before you put that much boost to your engine. The stock Trilogy will not handle that kind of boost. We got guys running in the 11's with 13.5 pds of boost. I do know that Lidio at Alternative Performance ported his intake for the Trilogy but found no real increase in power.

There are a few other kits out there. Greg at F.I.T. has the Procharger kit and Dennis Reinhart offers the Vortech kit. Both of these are centrifucal blowers. I have seen the Vortech kit run in the 11's. The Procharger kit is getting closer and closer to running in the 11's also.

Zack is working on a Kenny Bell twin-screw for his MM right now. This should be a kit that will handle big boost levels. It will be interesting to see how that kit turns out.

Any other question I would say do a search or contact each of the vendors for their help and assistance. Good luck.
    Ditto to what BigSlim said..
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Hey Tom - will your car be ready for the TJ Maxx show on the 4th Saturday???
    Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA
    Ditto to what BigSlim said..
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Thread Information