2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Quote Originally Posted by jgc61sr2002
    My flag flys proudly 24 -7.
    So does mine John- I will never forget watching it unfold on tv and then hearing the fighter jets flying over the house. I went outside and watched the jets it was a surreal scene looking down the block seeing all the neighbors doing the same- no one said a word-we all had that same blank look-we will never forget
    Dennis *** '04 MARAUDER DTR ,'72 SS EL CAMINO ,'07 AVALANCHE, 2018 REBEL

One of the things I like most about MM.net, is the Patriotism is so blatantly unPC. I have only been a member since January, but I know many of you if given the chance to hunt Bin Laden would (and many here have).

A word of thanks to all who serve is great (By that I mean our military, our law enforcement-Fed, State, Local, and Clandestine, our Fire Dept's, our EMT's, and for the most part our Diplomats and Policy Makers).

But.............

We need to do more.......... We need to at every opportunity, remember and remind others of the sacrifices ppl. such as these have made to come this far in 230 some years.

And....... eventhough such progress has been made, ppl. in this country are exposed to real threats no amount of sophistication and advancement can protect them from. Right here in the USA. This is why we must become vigilint <spelling sorry> and vengfull as a nation (I mean would you have rather had Al Gore in office @ 9/11 and after??).

Unfortunately the word progress does not apply to the stone age radicals of Bin Laden's ilk. I am confident he will be dealt with, if he has not been already ( I would rather him go quietly and very painfully, rather than in the public eye....This way we don't have 1000 martyrs lining up to take his place. I don't care if I learn about it 20yrs from now as long as I hear about it before I croak).

Regardless of what BS the media wants to plant in the weak mind of our country, this should be our mission/obligation as citizens. Its citizens and their sacrifices who make and have made this country great and worth fighting for. Who knows where we would be, what progress we could have made, or what contributions those 3000 ppl. would have made to society.

Keep the vigil, so that others can live to their fullest potential and keep making the USA, the Greatest Country in the World.

My colors will never run.
    Last edited by GAMike; 09-08-2006 at 06:49 PM.
    GAMike
    2003 Black on Charcoal 300A W/90K (RIP 7-17-08)
    5-9-09 Now Keeper of the Pristine and Ledgendary:
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

hitchhiker Guest
    God Bless America

Blog Entries
    I understand first hand how everyone feels. I use too deliever Soda for a number of years to The Window's on the World Rest on the 108th floor and knew a number of the people who worked their. I had a friend she worked for Customs their too. I knew 2 people on a personal level who died their , One a neighbor & another a friend of our family. My Doctors Sister was a capt of the Port Attority police their and died too. Every year I think back of those I knew and the other's who died in this Tragic Event and pray for them. History can't be changed but we can all do our best to see this never happeneds again. May God Bless all who died and all their familys too.

While I was not there personally that day I have visited the aftermath several times. It is saddenning but shows us the realities of the world that we too can be vunerable. Without getting too political, I for one believe we need to keep up on our National Security. Thankfully, several could of have been plots, including the attempt to kill the Canadian priminister by several home grown terrorist, and the would be bombers that were planning on using home made chemicals on airplanes flying out of the UK to destroy U.S. property was also stopped too. It gives me confidence that we can prevent further attacks. Saddly since then, some other unfortunate events have occured. Such as the terrorist bombing of the London Underground. Over all, I feel safer.

Tomorrow will be a tough day in NYC. You can not imagine what is what like being here five years ago.

"The" City has healed nicely from it's most visible deep wounds but a deeper healing continues.

For the younger generation, this will be our moment in time that we will never forget. Our JFK assissination, our Man on the Moon, our Challenger space shuttle. No matter how much older I get, this day will still stick vividly in my mind.
    2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder

Well, it’s not quite 9/11 yet where I am…but WTH, I’ll put this up anyway.

Another night on watch…another useless office exercise…another, and another, and another.

I’m in a lull at the moment, so I’m going to do the one thing I probably shouldn’t: I’m going to actually stop and think about all that’s transpired for me over the last 5 years---how I got to where I’m sitting right now, what I’m doing right now, and why.

The computers are waiting for me. They can wait a bit longer.

I’ve already recounted my personal 9/11 story in another thread (see my thread titled “A Special Rembrance”, or some such thing); I won’t bother copying it here. I’ll start out by saying that ever since Tower 2 hit the ground, I’ve been on duty---in one form or another, in one agency or another, in one place or another. NYC…Boston…Ft. Lauderdale… Guantanamo Bay…Port Arthur/Beaumont…St. Louis…and now Honolulu.

I’m tired. And I deserve to be; don’t care how conceited it sounds, but after all this time and effort and miles, I’m feelin’ considerably whupped.

And still the fight goes on. And on. And on. I have to ask myself: Why is it that we have the world’s single finest military, the best equipment (and the most technically advanced), the best training….he11, the best of everything…and we know where Osama bin Laden is (at least we can narrow it down to a couple of grid squares), and we know why he did what he did, and sent his minions to do what THEY did, and still we can NOT bring down one madman?

We can’t even make him come out, fer chrissakes!

The answer comes back: I guess we don’t want to. Or maybe the PC elements in this country don’t want us to. But that would be ascribing intelligent malice to a group of people who are simply stupid and grossly misguided, and that was one thing my parents always told me not to do: Never ascribe to malice that which could be better explained by mere stupidity. And I’m sure that most folks who traffic this website are of the mind to go out and do That Which Should Be Done…but we are only a few hundred, in a country of hundreds of millions…

So who else could be driving this?

My exploits in the murky world of the Dept. of Defense have revealed to me the truth. Unfortunately I can’t tell it all here…unless Logan cares to undergo the hassle of TS/SCI accreditation for his website, which I doubt.

What I can tell you is this: Take a look around. Particularly those of you in big cities. Noticed something?

I’ll use my home state of Alabama as an example. My sad old beloved hometown of Montgomery…when I was home this summer for my wedding, it tore my heart out to see the place. The old Montgomery Mall has been abandoned. The Eastern Bypass/Boulevard is overcrowded with car traffic but most places that have sprung up along it over the last decade have already closed their doors. The city’s fast moving eastward and will probably become a suburb of Atlanta within the next 20 years.

And the slums and visual corruption that is west Montgomery are growing at an exponential rate…even so, what is the single biggest, most ornate building in west Montgomery?

A mosque.

And only a scant few miles from Maxwell AFB, one of the crown jewels of the USAF…

Further south, in Mobile: A mullah has set up shop in town. While there hasn’t been any hard evidence to tie him into it, there HAS been a curious series of arson incidents, each one rapidly following the mullah’s judgment that the particular business in question is a corrupting force in the local Muslim community.

I have a cousin on the police force in Mobile…

I shudder to think where they might be hiding in Birmingham…and I’d be particularly interested to see if there’s a listing for a mosque or a CAIR center (Council for American-Islamic Relations, a known mouthpiece for the Muslims) in Huntsville, home of the major military installation, Redstone Arsenal…I have word from a college professor friend in Tuscaloosa that the Muslim students on campus are so bad, they’re threatening to take over the campus’ local crime problems from the Greek organizations.

While it’s not in my line, I’ve undertaken a study of HUMINT with respect to the growth of Islamic facilities/organizations/population across the country. The results are the reason that I have not seen a good night’s sleep in nearly six months.

Sarge, I hope you read this…my fervent recommendation to you, my friend, is to double up on your body armor, and get side panels. Chicago’s high on their list. They’re big in Detroit too…maybe that’s why Ford isn’t getting anywhere. When you have Toby Keith, the “Angry American”, hawking your trucks…well, that puts you square in the Muslims’ crosshairs…

It’s almost comic, but the vice corruption around cities like L.A. and Vegas has enticed them in but caused them to fail. Who woulda thought that good ol’ fashioned pleasures of the flesh would triumph over the Muslim agenda? Guess I shouldn’t be surprised…Muslims are SO repressed…

The bottom line here, people, is that the second wave of attacks happened…and we missed it. The Muslims are here, and thanks to the PC types in this country, they’re here to stay. The invasion started, just nobody noticed. And now we’re five years behind.

It’s a lot to digest, I know…I did say I wasn’t sleeping well. Hawaii’s not immune, but then again it never has been---it was the local Japanese populace that aided in the intelligence for Yamamoto’s fleet in WW2. Honolulu has its own set of intrigues to deal with.

I myself kinda poohed-poohed this at first; derided it as a lot of Chicken Little-*********. But after I studied up on the statistics and looked at the co-incidence of domestic problems and Muslim populations…the numbers and the people don’t lie.

There’s no negotiating with these animals. No appeasing. No treaty. We as a country need to learn to pull the trigger---it can’t just be me, or Sarge, or Petrograde, or Bluerauder, or whomever working independently (don’t worry fellas, I was just simply pulling names out of the air---didn’t mean to point a finger at any of you specifically). It has to be a concerted effort.

DON’T believe me. He11, you’d be foolish to take any man at just his word, especially on something like this. But DO actually let your thought processes be stimulated enough to go look at the facts for yourself.

And then…do That Which Must Be Done.

I need to get back to my computers and back to work. Good night.
    Traveling the world on PONTIAC power!

On 9/11, it all happened right outside our office windows on the NJ Hudson River waterfront.

I didn't see the planes hit, although hundreds of us ran outside to see the smoke rising after we learned about it.

I didn't see the first tower go down, but I heard about it on internet radio.

I did see the second one drop. We were all gathered at the windows looking southeast at the smoke and dust from the first tower when the second one just fell, almost in slow motion. Being inside, we didn't hear anything. After the drop, the remaining buildings looked like tombstones in a foggy graveyard.

Throughout the day, our office lobby and shop/foodcourt filled with people trying to get home from Manhatten. (I actually got a call from a friend of mine that worked in NY. He was calling from our lobby phone. We were let out early, so I drove him home.)

The roads leading into the Lincoln Tunnel area were completely empty. They had been blocked off miles further west. Eerie.

For the next day or two, we heard the continuous sound of fighter jets flying high over the city, and, every now and then, a few came in lower over the Hudson.

I realize that the circumstances are vastly different, and I'm not even suggesting that's there's ANY comparison between the two events, but I now have an idea what the Japanese people went through.

Quote Originally Posted by fairlane347 View Post
    Toby Keiths "Angry American" song says it best, his rerun show on CMT last night still gave me chills. USA WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
    I totally agree. Toby is the man and makes music that more people my age should listen to for a little wake up call rather than listen to music that has a very liberal standpoint and has no mention of the fact that 3021 people were murdered 5 years ago or of any of the sacrifices made by our past and present service men and women to make us what we are today. It just gets me nuts how the media and most people so soon forget and just go about their lives like nothing happened. But anyway God Bless and never forget FDNY, NYPD, PAPD, EMS, Marines, Army, Airforce, Coast Guard, Navy on this day or any day for that matter

Reinhart tune, NGK TR6 Plugs, 180 Degree stat,EMP/ Stewart Water Pump, K&N Aircharger, Cobra Exhaust, Megs Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flows, 4.10 gears, COP Connectors, Underdrive Pulleys, PHP Intake Spacer, 255/55/18 KDW2 Rears, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk Pads, TCI Deep Trans Pan, Ford Racing Girdle

I don't disagree with your views, but political words such as "liberal" and "conservative" have nothing to do with it.

There are people who are against the war in Iraq, some liberal, and yes many conservative, but that has nothing to do with 9/11. Everyone in the US was united wanting justice after 9/11.

The frustrating thing about 9/11, however, is that it cannot be avenged by invading a country. We could invade ten more countries and we will still not have punished all of the terrorists.

Being anti-war is not anti-justice, and being a liberal or conservative says nothing about whether or not people think the terrorists should pay for what they have done.

I am an independent, anti-war individual (who voted against Bill Clinton twice but is ready to admit he did a nice job running things) who thinks that anyone who hand in planning or executing 9/11 should be eaten alive by fire ants. (might be the worst way to die I can think of)

On this board I am certain I'm thought of as a liberal (simply because I am anti-Bush) but only by those who don't know what it means.

Not everything fits into nice, tidy packages.

If we can remember who did this, and why, we have a good start on stopping them by defending our own soil.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMerc04 View Post
    I totally agree. Toby is the man and makes music that more people my age should listen to for a little wake up call rather than listen to music that has a very liberal standpoint and has no mention of the fact that 3021 people were murdered 5 years ago or of any of the sacrifices made by our past and present service men and women to make us what we are today. It just gets me nuts how the media and most people so soon forget and just go about their lives like nothing happened. But anyway God Bless and never forget FDNY, NYPD, PAPD, EMS, Marines, Army, Airforce, Coast Guard, Navy on this day or any day for that matter
    Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone. -- Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by silver2004Marauder View Post
    Everybody needs to visit this site; www.threefortythree.com . It is a tear-jerker - make sure your speakers are ON and make sure you forward it to everyone that you know. Email it to everyone. Never forget. Freedom isn't free.

Thanks for this, I passed it on to my whole company. My wifes father died in a fire on the Wauwatos Fire Dept. when she was only three, so this hits home.
    KEEP THOSE FLAGS OUT 24/7 mine is.
    #1724 of 3214 Built 02/13/2004
    2004 Marauder black/moonroof
    SCT flip chip, 4:10's, lowered, big brake kit
    Kenwood KDC-X790 & 4 Kenwood speakers, 10" Sub
    Addco tube sway bars & performance shocks, Metco's
    Zex dry nitrous kit, Full SW Exhaust Kit, PI 3000 Stall
    5.0L Stroker assembly, Self installed!
    E.T. on drag radial tires: 12.270 @ 111.16 & 1.66 60'
    One off custom Hood all steel too.
    SOON TO BE Vortech supercharged

Ryan Schmuki
    2003 Marauder, black with 4.10s n tune (sold)
    1968 Fairlane 347 built stroker(fast)
    1963 Galaxie 390 auto
    2010 Mercury Milan
    2019 Taurus Limited

Bump .... Never Forget !!
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information