Thread: Illumination question!!!

Illumination question!!!

How do the window switches in the door illuminate? The up side of the rocker is not lighting on 1 switch. Are they bulbs that can be replaced, or just bite it and get a new switch?
    Who in the Hell is going to pay for this?

'03 300A
    Born 6/02
    Adopted 7/04

LED(s), first check the contacts and the LED's leads.
    -My Homepage and Panther tech-

My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis Supercharged LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

I have the same issue. Just don't drive in the dark and you wont notice.
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Gotta replace the master switch assy.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

RoylPita,

Mine never lit up even when the car was new. I always wondered if they were supposed to light up. What does the master switch assembly go for?
    Black 300A - Sold 4/23/07
    Trilogy S/C #13, Self installed
    4.10 gears
    Boost gauge installed in cig lighter spot
    Bosch wiper blades
    McGard wheel locks
    Metco control arms
    MM Pads & Pens
    Powered by Ford Aluminum cam covers
    Rear sway bar
    Sirius satellite
    SS Inserts
    Sylvania Silverstars
    Tinted windows
    Zaino

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by lotusstv View Post
    RoylPita,

Mine never lit up even when the car was new. I always wondered if they were supposed to light up. What does the master switch assembly go for?
    Probably about 30-40 bucks.
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

My up arrow on my first switch doesn't light either, well actually it comes and goes. Sometimes it will light but most of the time it will not.
    But my other switches are fine.

Weird
    Later,
    Bowman9

Modifactions:
    SuperChips Custom Tuner 9100 (Lidio)
    180 Degree Thermostat
    Ford Motorsport 4.10 Gears
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Coldair Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman9 View Post
    My up arrow on my first switch doesn't light either, well actually it comes and goes. Sometimes it will light but most of the time it will not.
    But my other switches are fine.

Weird
    That is what happened to mine. I hads it replaced when it was still in base warranty.

Rest In Peace:
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by 2003godshead View Post
    How do the window switches in the door illuminate? The up side of the rocker is not lighting on 1 switch. Are they bulbs that can be replaced, or just bite it and get a new switch?
    If you drivers door is illuminated and the rest aren't unlock the windows using the window lockout switch. Found this out one night by accident. If you lock out all the window switches the leds go out in all the others. Unlock the window switches and they illuminate again. I though t the leds were out till I did that. If that's not the case then the master as RoyLPita said is bad.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

I actually thought the drivers main up arrow wasnt supposed to light up. LOL. Mines been out since I got my MM, I just thought it was a reference to where your switches are in the dark and they are lit. You know the drivers has the up unlit then you know where the rest are. Maybe I'll look into that and see if I have a loose lead no sense in buying a new one for me as I've gotten used to it.

The only arrow that won't light is the up arrow on the drivers window. just started doing that AFTER the warranty ran out. Thanks for the input.

'03 300A
    Born 6/02
    Adopted 7/04

I have gotten used to it, guess I'm just anal!

'03 300A
    Born 6/02
    Adopted 7/04

Everyting mentioned here (except passenger window switch illumination) indicates a bad driver's control module. I've replace one on each of my 3 Marauders now, and it's about 68 bucks as I recall, so, learn to feel your way around?

Installing/replacing the module in the driver's door is within the average owner's capability. It's as difficult as replacing a light switch in the laundry room...

No wait...It's easier than that. There's no deadly electricity to worry about, and no screws to turn.
    Last edited by SergntMac; 09-17-2006 at 06:58 PM.

Thread Information