My car is due to a transmission flush (32k on the clock now), and this will be the second flush for me. (First done about 19k)

This time I want to do the filter as well. Usually I like getting the full flush done at the dealer, but afraid that if I ask them to do the filter they will charge a ton more in labor for something I can easily do myself.

So I'm thinking of getting a deep pan and filter and doing that in the driveway. Put Mercon V in to top it off and then head to the dealer for a full flush.

A few quick questions:

1.) I can reuse the stock gasket right? Or will it be damaged when I remove the pan? Should I purchase another OEM rubber gasket?

2.) Heard there is an extra hole that may need to be plugged on the new pan (Ford Racing or Art Carr) - is this so and if so what do I need to plug it?

3.) What are the torque specs for reinstalling the pan (or is that in the instructions which I was planning to toss out anyway, duh!)

4.) From what I've read sounds like I may need about 5 quarts to top off with the pan swap. I'll probably get a few more to be safe...sound about right? (Yep it'll be Mercon V)

I think that's all for now...with the blower I figure a deep pan and filter swap followed by my routine flush will be good preventive maintenance.