Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunshine State Marauder Drag Race Team

Sunshine State Marauder Drag Race Team

I have been thinking if there would be interest in starting a Sunshine State Marauder Drag Racing Team (SSM-DRT). A lot us enjoy drag racing our Marauders whether it be just for test n tune or entering national events.

It does not matter if your car is NA, NA w/mods, SC'd, nitrous or turbo'd. I have talked to other car clubs and I feel it would be fun to get together at all the tracks in Florida from time to time and race them (Florida SS Impala's for one). I would like to work on our own sub-forum on the site with topics related to drag racing, tech ideas, modifications and more.

The other side, if there is enough interest, we could work on becoming a NHRA sub-group, much like the GASSIT group in Georgia (Imapla SS guys) to get sanctioning. This could eventually lead to having our own class (Heavy weight car class) and compete with Chargers, 330C's, GTOs as well as Impalas at national events such as FunFord Weekend and NMRA.

Let's start a list of those members interested. Also feel free to add comments and ideas.

TOM
    Last edited by MarauderTJA; 10-03-2006 at 05:06 PM.
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

That is a good Idea. In the Northwest we have the Car Club Challenge. It consists of several car clubs including the Ford Drag Team of which I am a member. They might be able to give you some Ideas how to approch the track owners to set up a series if there is nothing down there like that.

http://www.carclubchallenge.com

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

Quote Originally Posted by teamrope View Post
    That is a good Idea. In the Northwest we have the Car Club Challenge. It consists of several car clubs including the Ford Drag Team of which I am a member. They might be able to give you some Ideas how to approch the track owners to set up a series if there is nothing down there like that.

http://www.carclubchallenge.com
    Thanks for the info BJ. Will look into it. There are numerous car clubs here in Florida. Some of them rent the track for competitive events 2-3 times per year.

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

I'm interested in it Tom, let me know how I can help.
    Black 2004 (X-03 owner), TRILOGY #127, Nitrous, Alternative Auto Tuning, Ford Racing 4.30's, k&N, Reinhart Cooling Mod, Metco Driveshaft Loop, Bobwhite Inserts, Member Sunshine State Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootlegger View Post
    I'm interested in it Tom, let me know how I can help.
    Thanks Mel.

Tom, I e-mailed the Ford Drag Team Captain and this is his responce:

"BJ, tell your Florida friends that they should go to the www.carclubchallenge.com web site and see what everything is about. Also to read the rules section. While they can create their own rules for the most part, these rules are well founded. Also, for a CCC to be successful, they will need to reach out to other clubs. Give them a reason to feel included and to WANT to participate. I comunicate with all the other club Presidents and or CCC team captian, just to keep good relationships. It would also be good for your friends to email other clubs the CCC web site so they and their membership can look and talk among themselves.

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance - and good luck to your Florida buddies. It is cool that they are looking into doing a CCC."

03 Marauder 300A, 6 CD Changer, tint, SS Inserts, McGard wheel locks, Full Stainless Works 3 inch exaust and long tube headers, DynoTech MMX driveshaft, Spoiler, Full godshead treatment, Mack & Marty fender badges, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, 4.10's, FIT/ProCharger Racing Team Member #019(Mine)
    04 DTR Cd Changer, moon roof, heated seats, trunk organizor, McGard wheel locks,
    SS Inserts, Spoiler, tint, godshead stearing wheel badge, Badgless Grill & trunk, Densos & 180 t-stat, Megs Resonator Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40's, Mac & Zack Control arms, KB dead pedal, Adco rear sway bar, Superchips 9100 SCT tuner, JTL CAI, and 4.10's. (hers)
    67 Galaxie 500
    96 F250 EXT Cab 4X4 Pwerstroke
    2013 Lowe SS210
    98 Mustang convertible
    2005 Sportcoach Cross Country 376DS

Tom,
    You know I run strictly for fun. However, I think it's a great idea and I would be honored to be a part of it. Let me know if there's any help you need.
    Rich
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

Great idea Tom, I'm in.....
    In Loving Memory of Alex-marauderboi, Paula Babineau, John Erik Rivera
    ___________________1142
    _________________0100
    Sunshine State Marauders
    BLACK 2003-A /\/\ercury/\/\arauder
    Owner: Eggie_aka_MaLo03
    Built: 06/02
    Purchased: 08/03 (NEW) {{{SOLD MAY 2009 to BONES}}}
    TRILOGY S/C 0100
    Trilogized: 09/01/05 By carfixer/Tallboy/shakes_26 Master installers
    Customized: 02/04/06 By Lidio The ALTERNATIVE
    KOOKS System, Headers - X Pipe - with Catalytic Converters and MagnaFlo Mufflers.
    Exhausted: 09/06 By Ed @ BOOTS PERFORMANCE,Pompano Beach

I'll have to let you know after MVIV/Gainesville. I have never dragged before, so not sure I'll like it.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

OHHH!!! You'll like it

Quote Originally Posted by ckadiddle View Post
    I'll have to let you know after MVIV/Gainesville. I have never dragged before, so not sure I'll like it.
    Thats a joke right...!

Its like candy, once you get a taste, gotta have more
    Sold on 1/16/2012
    MM 2003 300A
    Reinhart Air-to-Air Vortech Supercharger #8, Art Carr Transmission, PI 3000 stall TC Triple disc, 4:10, TA Girdle and studs, Dynotech Driveshaft
    DR Xcal2 tune, Motorcraft AGSF22C Plugs(Autolite 103) Trying some NGK Iridium, New ACCEL COP's, Rear engine cooling mod
    180 deg. Thermostat, KOOKs headers, Magnaflow high flow cats (NO CATS), Magnaflow Mufflers (with stuffing blown out)
    Addco front & rear sway bars, Metco drive shaft loop, Metco control arms, ProGuard Skid plate
    Widened rims by Weldcraft w/Nitto 235/45 & 285/50, DynoPros Aluminium Door Sills

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...do=view&id=474

That's the funniest thing I ever heard!!!!
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

Quote Originally Posted by teamrope View Post
    Tom, I e-mailed the Ford Drag Team Captain and this is his responce:

"BJ, tell your Florida friends that they should go to the www.carclubchallenge.com web site and see what everything is about. Also to read the rules section. While they can create their own rules for the most part, these rules are well founded. Also, for a CCC to be successful, they will need to reach out to other clubs. Give them a reason to feel included and to WANT to participate. I comunicate with all the other club Presidents and or CCC team captian, just to keep good relationships. It would also be good for your friends to email other clubs the CCC web site so they and their membership can look and talk among themselves.

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance - and good luck to your Florida buddies. It is cool that they are looking into doing a CCC."
    Thanks BJ. And yes, I have been looking at their site and see some great ideas. This helps with the overall plan. It really has given me some fresh ideas for what I would like to see happen here in Florida and maybe the entire southeast.

TOM

After your first drag race, just consider it a major

ADDICTION
    Last edited by MarauderTJA; 10-04-2006 at 03:29 PM.

Rich & Eggie, your on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by greggash View Post
    Thats a joke right...!

Its like candy, once you get a taste, gotta have more
    Actually, I was thinking sex.....instead of candy.......now you get how ADDICTIVE IT WILL BE!!!!!!!!!.You'll see.........
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information