Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eibach Springs available

V10_P70 Guest

Eibach Springs available

Just talked to Eibach today and they have a kit available for the Marauder. Thought this might be of interest?

Any word on what they set the spring rates to?

Oh yea!! Good stuff!! Ride height?? Adjustable height feature on new shock??

V10_P70 Guest

Questions about Eibach package

Called to find out what springs are available for the 2003 cars and they said the Marauder package is available. Did not get all of the specifications for the Marauder. Eibach

It's part #3596.120. ProKit package... 1.4" up front, 1.2" out back.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Did anyone else get these? I ordered mine last week, had to go through a local shop because Eibach doesnt sell directly to the public. Picked them up today and Lidio is installing them next week. Cant wait to see the improved look. I plan on taking some before and after pics to see how it looks.....

Originally posted by MI2QWK4U
    Cant wait to see the improved look. I plan on taking some before and after pics to see how it looks.
    That would be great, I am sure I am not the only one here who cannot quickly translate spring rates/lengths into a visual. A few pics from a straight up side angle, with maybe something staionary in the pic for scale? Would like to see how up/down the kit changes the MMs "stance." Thanks!

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Well Sarge...its funny you should mention something in the pic for scale....It so happens that I have evidence collection/crime lab experience. I had planned on tossing one of the evidence tech cars and find a scale you can read in a photo. At the very least I will measure to the lip of the wheel well both before and after. As far as I know, mine will be the first with this setup.

schuvwj Guest
    Why would you want to raise the front 1.4" and lower the rear 1.2". Seems to me that it should be 1.4" lower in the front only!
    At higher speeds I think the MM would handle a lot better if the front was lower. Raising the front would make the high speed handling even worse!?!

Don't remember seeing any stock cars or drag strip cars higher in the front than the back? Am I missing something here?

What is the price of the kit?
    2004 SB
    4.10's and a tune
    More to come

Shuvwj --- noone is raising the car... the kit lowers the MM 1.4" in the front and 1.2" in the rear.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

So I take this means swapping out the air ride (load leveling)? I would prefer just using the springs upfront and lower the air ride in the rear 1.2. I have already lowered min 1/2 inch (which looks better, and could go another 1" with no problem.

comments?
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal
    Silencer Removed
    K&N Air Filter
    Amsoil Synthetic

rurumon Guest
    When you swap in the springs you are going to need new shocks and struts right? I didnt think there was anything around with those.

ghost Guest
    Jeez, you guys are getting all of the mods I've done! This is great! Now I need someone here in Richmond to drag around with....

The Eibach springs provide a nice drop and helps close the tire-to-fender lip gap while still providing a comfortable ride. These springs, if they're like mine, will really shine when you lay into them in the turns, since they're probably progressive-rate.

My g/f just had a set installed in her Impala SS and she loves them too. You guys will be pleased I'm sure.

Although I don't think it's necessary, now would be a good time to also upgrade your shocks. I added some Koni "Reds," but just stay away from the KYB's...our big cars will trash them in a year to a year and a half if you put them up front. Back end seems to like them though and I get good launches at the track with the KYB's in back.

HTH,

Eric

MI2QWK4U Guest
    To clear up a few things....The Eibach kit consists of two front springs. Like Ghost stated above, the Eibach people inform me that there is no need to replace shocks or struts, in fact, they advise against it due to the fact that the factory shocks and struts are involved in the design of the new springs, so the factory stuff will compliment the new springs the best. The front spring swapout is straight forward enough (although I am having Lidio do the swap) if you know what you are doing. The instructions inform you how to change the ride height sensor for the rear air suspension to the proper level to get the best results. I talked to an Eibach engineer, and he informed me that even he was suprised in the improvement to the Marauder's handling characteristics with the new springs and lowered ride height. I will give a full report as soon as they are installed. If anyone is going to the Trilogy open house on June 28, you can see for yourself. I am also talking to a Eibach dealer here in Southeast Michigan about supplying the Eibach spring kit to members of this club/forum at a real good price. The regular price is $229, but I know he will cut us a better price if we buy a few from him. If there is interest, I will ask him what kind of price we can get as a group, and I can bring them with me for you guys that are going to Trilogy. Let me know......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information