Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: A suggestion to have more members invest into MM.net

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Queens NY
    Age
    43
    Posts
    12,182

    A suggestion to have more members invest into MM.net

    Just a suggestion to raise money for this site and to put something of substance in the hands of the members besides extra PM space, More Gallery room and a forum that nobodys uses.

    Out of the 9 of you, Is it possible to find a place that can produce a official MM.net jacket??
    Through polls and member suggestions a jacket can be created for rather cheap if purchased in a large number. You put your profit between $50-$75 per jacket. Now instead of people throwing the usual $25 your way towards the site, they now are making a larger investment and have something to show for it.
    This site has been around a long time with many members here since the begining, its obvious that there are grudges and bad blood built up between the older members and the new owners. This will cause some members to think twice about throwing money towards some of the nine owners even though it would be for the good of the site.
    Now they can put that aside because they are buying a Jacket and supporting the site at the same time.
    I have a tenant that rents one of my families buildings that makes jackets and T-shirts for the NYPD,FDNY,and Sports teams. I can get the info and a group discount is this idea floats.

    I would really like to see this site up and running with things back to normal by this time next year.

    2003
    MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

    Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    TAMPA BAY & SNOW BIRD MAINEIAC
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,073
    I like the idea of MM.Net jackets and think as a fund raising project it makes sense. If Admin has no interest any of the regionals could pick this idea up and run with it for the benefit of the regional. How about it? Dennis
    GOD bless my friends, Paula, Cheese(Rex) and Alex and all those still with us.
    Semper Fi
    SUPPORT THE WOUNDED WARRIOR FUND

    2012 HTRDR Lincoln MKT AWD Twin Turbo SHO Eco boost MOTOR

    04 DTR "FruitPunch"5/17/04 Living with the "LEMONADE" in Ed's garage...
    TRILOGY EATON #110 11-25-05
    TRILOGY Twin Screw #003 Thank you MCM & JERRY BARNES
    Install by THE STOOGES
    ASS TUNE by LIDIO

    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery"
    --Winston Churchill

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    13,840
    I like the idea alot! We just need some time to look into it. I'm moving this thread to Site Suggestions. Thanks, Paul!
    MOK


    |Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|


    --------------------------


    I don't brake for curves!


    The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

    but the voice is the chariot to the heavens









  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Amissville VA
    Posts
    3,827
    Keep in mind it sounds like you are offering we purchase shares of MM.net stock - making us shareholders rather than just stakeholders as we are from std. donations.

    There is a difference between a shareholder and stakeholder...it suggests distributed ownership giving those who buy into shares a small voting voice based on the number of shares they have. (Well sounds like one unless you buy multiple jackets! )

    I think the idea is great but just pointing out to whomever it may concern that it sounds like this is a suggestion to offer partial member ownership through shares.


    Me? I'd just want a jacket!!!
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

    - Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

    12.99@106.2mph (for now)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    13,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadfan View Post
    Keep in mind it sounds like you are offering we purchase shares of MM.net stock - making us shareholders rather than just stakeholders as we are from std. donations.

    There is a difference between a shareholder and stakeholder...it suggests distributed ownership giving those who buy into shares a small voting voice based on the number of shares they have. (Well sounds like one unless you buy multiple jackets! )

    I think the idea is great but just pointing out to whomever it may concern that it sounds like this is a suggestion to offer partial member ownership through shares.


    Me? I'd just want a jacket!!!
    I did not get that impression at all from this suggestion, but thanks for pointing it out, that someone may interpret it that way.
    MOK


    |Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|


    --------------------------


    I don't brake for curves!


    The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

    but the voice is the chariot to the heavens









  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Amissville VA
    Posts
    3,827
    Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK View Post
    I did not get that impression at all from this suggestion, but thanks for pointing it out, that someone may interpret it that way.
    You're probably right Mary - just talk of investment and more substance from the investment...guess I was just curious if we were buying stake or stock

    At anyrate I like the idea, one way to raise money would be to offer products such as that, I for one would love more Marauder logo gear!!
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

    - Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

    12.99@106.2mph (for now)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Age
    17
    Posts
    8,304
    I think the suggestion was more along the lines of a 'Premium' offer for higher contribution.
    Kind of like some groups/clubs do to entice people to become life members.

    It's not a bad idea.
    Member Number 32

    Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tunica, Ms
    Age
    62
    Posts
    120

    Smile jacket

    I'd love a jacket. Bought my car used so I missed the leather one. I think it would go over big !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    I'd love a jacket. Bought my car used so I missed the leather one. I think it would go over big !
    Me too, I bought mine new and I didn't get a jacket
    2003 MERCURY MARAUDER #5701
    Mods: JLT CAI, SS INSERTS, MARTYO FENDER BADGES,4" Res. Delete tips
    ORIGINAL OWNER, 1 OF 470 FOR CANADA

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    quebec, canada
    Age
    64
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Me too, I bought mine new and I didn't get a jacket
    ford gave jackets when you bought the car new ?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by max454 View Post
    ford gave jackets when you bought the car new ?
    I know ford had it the dealer never gave it, I bought it new in '03
    2003 MERCURY MARAUDER #5701
    Mods: JLT CAI, SS INSERTS, MARTYO FENDER BADGES,4" Res. Delete tips
    ORIGINAL OWNER, 1 OF 470 FOR CANADA

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the N.C. Triangle
    Age
    63
    Posts
    25,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I know ford had it the dealer never gave it, I bought it new in '03
    You should have gotten a coupon in the mail after you bought your MM, if you bought it new, to send in with your jacket size. It's a really nice jacket.....
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

    "The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

    Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

    “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    You should have gotten a coupon in the mail after you bought your MM, if you bought it new, to send in with your jacket size. It's a really nice jacket.....
    Never recieved it, I highly doubt Ford still has them
    2003 MERCURY MARAUDER #5701
    Mods: JLT CAI, SS INSERTS, MARTYO FENDER BADGES,4" Res. Delete tips
    ORIGINAL OWNER, 1 OF 470 FOR CANADA

  14. #14

    self promotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    Just a suggestion to raise money for this site and to put something of substance in the hands of the members besides extra PM space, More Gallery room and a forum that nobodys uses.

    Out of the 9 of you, Is it possible to find a place that can produce a official MM.net jacket??
    Through polls and member suggestions a jacket can be created for rather cheap if purchased in a large number. You put your profit between $50-$75 per jacket. Now instead of people throwing the usual $25 your way towards the site, they now are making a larger investment and have something to show for it.
    This site has been around a long time with many members here since the begining, its obvious that there are grudges and bad blood built up between the older members and the new owners. This will cause some members to think twice about throwing money towards some of the nine owners even though it would be for the good of the site.
    Now they can put that aside because they are buying a Jacket and supporting the site at the same time.
    I have a tenant that rents one of my families buildings that makes jackets and T-shirts for the NYPD,FDNY,and Sports teams. I can get the info and a group discount is this idea floats.

    I would really like to see this site up and running with things back to normal by this time next year.
    like the idea of the coat...
    now down to busines.
    hait to be the A-hole BUT, is your tenant a sponsering member? rules are rules....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Off-Shore America
    Posts
    10,219

    Shares and stock in MM.Net.

    Jackets with a small profit is an excellent idea, thank you Paul. However, we do have some history in this, and when you do not remember your history, you are doomed to repeat it.

    Truth is, folks do not really cough up and buy when it's time to buy, but they make a lot of promises before then. CMS's recent floormat offer is a great example, 50 some votes for the product, only 6 buyers. Not a good ratio, eh?

    Meanwhile, we have sold Marauder specific items here before, from lapel pins to very nice custom shirts and light jackets. Althetic bags, "two suit" travel bags, portfolios, note and map pads, coffee and beverage mugs, shot glasses, cups, key chains, lanyards, even pens and note pads that fit the OH console.

    We had a "Marauder store" right on our home page, and it went out of business for lack of business. Every one of those enterprising members were left with a remarkable amount of stock on hand, their initial investment in design and inventory was a loss for them, personally. Most of them came to give product away as door prizes at local meets. Sorry, this is the truth of our history.

    We do have plans to off-load the financing of operations with special offers to our membership, but plans are still on the design table. Our goal is to be self-sufficient someday, without any costs to the membership at all. But, it's down the road, and will prolly not be ready until after the first quarter of 2007.

    As it's been said ^ there, "shares and stock" in MM.Net are not available, it's written in our charter and agreed upon by all nine owners. The 9 investors each donated an equal amount of cash to the purchase. No one investor holds any more interest than the remaining 8. The "nine slices" of ownership is the only return on this investment and that's intangible, like an honorary degree from college, nothing more than a piece of paper.

    That paper says an owner can retire from his responsibility, and he can get voted into mandatory retirement by the remaining 8. Should this occur, no monies of initial investment will be refunded or returned. We cannot return any money because we don't have that money anymore. It was spent in the down payment on the site, and the remaining balance is due 1 Dec. 2006. There is no money to give back, and we all knew this when we contributted our cash.

    No single owner can sell, trade, or, otherwise transfer his "slice" or seat to another party. If, and when a seat is vacated for any reason, the seat is closed. The remaining 8 owners can decide additional action when this is becomes the case, but at the present time, it's "no vacancy".

    This is why recent and public offers to buy the site by interested parties cannot be acted upon. It's in our agreement that we cannot sell. I am sure if all nine owners decided to amend this agreement and sell, legally we could transfer the site into other hands. But honestly, as frustrated as we sometimes felt this past week, not one of us considered that option, and I do not believe we would agree if the topic were to come up. Safe to say, we don't want to sell. The agreement cannot be ammended by majority vote, it has to be a unanimous decision.

    If we can get back in the good graces with our supporting vendors, one of our ideas is to hold quarterly raffles of valuable mods. Things like a torque converter, a set of OEM tires, control arms, one year supply of the engine oil of your choice, ect.

    Donation of the raffle prize would be helpful, but just getting that at cost is helpful too. Afforable raffle tickets, maybe a dollar, or, five dollars each, hoping that volume covers the purchase of the prize. Maybe even start a poll asking y'all what you would buy a raffle ticket for? Like I said it's on the design table, and I am eager to get back to that. Moreover, we do not wish to move any further on fundraising until MV-IV is concluded. They have the all important fundraising spotlight right now, please support this event any way you can?

    Please keep the ideas coming?
    Last edited by SergntMac; 10-29-2006 at 08:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MM.net hits 3000 members!
    By Bradley G in forum Community Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
  2. "Clubbin" with the IMOA...
    By SergntMac in forum Community Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 06:29 PM
  3. Attention all MM.net members!!!
    By Long Live #3 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 07:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •