Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A suggestion to have more members invest into MM.net

Quote Originally Posted by chrish View Post
    like the idea of the coat...
    now down to busines.
    hait to be the A-hole BUT, is your tenant a sponsering member? rules are rules....
    No hes not, but I never gave his name or posted a pic of a sweatshirt with his logo on it.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chrish View Post
    hait to be the A-hole BUT, is your tenant a sponsering member? rules are rules....
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    No hes not, but I never gave his name or posted a pic of a sweatshirt with his logo on it.
    Calm down gents, please read the notices at the top of every forum?

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac View Post
    Jackets with a small profit is an excellent idea, thank you Paul. However, we do have some history in this, and when you do not remember your history, you are doomed to repeat it.

Truth is, folks do not really cough up and buy when it's time to buy, but they make a lot of promises before then. CMS's recent floormat offer is a great example, 50 some votes for the product, only 6 buyers. Not a good ratio, eh?

Meanwhile, we have sold Marauder specific items here before, from lapel pins to very nice custom shirts and light jackets. Althetic bags, "two suit" travel bags, portfolios, note and map pads, coffee and beverage mugs, shot glasses, cups, key chains, lanyards, even pens and note pads that fit the OH console.

We had a "Marauder store" right on our home page, and it went out of business for lack of business. Every one of those enterprising members were left with a remarkable amount of stock on hand, their initial investment in design and inventory was a loss for them, personally. Most of them came to give product away as door prizes at local meets. Sorry, this is the truth of our history.

We do have plans to off-load the financing of operations with special offers to our membership, but plans are still on the design table. Our goal is to be self-sufficient someday, without any costs to the membership at all. But, it's down the road, and will prolly not be ready until after the first quarter of 2007.

As it's been said ^ there, "shares and stock" in MM.Net are not available, it's written in our charter and agreed upon by all nine owners. The 9 investors each donated an equal amount of cash to the purchase. No one investor holds any more interest than the remaining 8. The "nine slices" of ownership is the only return on this investment and that's intangible, like an honorary degree from college, nothing more than a piece of paper.

That paper says an owner can retire from his responsibility, and he can get voted into mandatory retirement by the remaining 8. Should this occur, no monies of initial investment will be refunded or returned. We cannot return any money because we don't have that money anymore. It was spent in the down payment on the site, and the remaining balance is due 1 Dec. 2006. There is no money to give back, and we all knew this when we contributted our cash.

No single owner can sell, trade, or, otherwise transfer his "slice" or seat to another party. If, and when a seat is vacated for any reason, the seat is closed. The remaining 8 owners can decide additional action when this is becomes the case, but at the present time, it's "no vacancy".

This is why recent and public offers to buy the site by interested parties cannot be acted upon. It's in our agreement that we cannot sell. I am sure if all nine owners decided to amend this agreement and sell, legally we could transfer the site into other hands. But honestly, as frustrated as we sometimes felt this past week, not one of us considered that option, and I do not believe we would agree if the topic were to come up. Safe to say, we don't want to sell. The agreement cannot be ammended by majority vote, it has to be a unanimous decision.

If we can get back in the good graces with our supporting vendors, one of our ideas is to hold quarterly raffles of valuable mods. Things like a torque converter, a set of OEM tires, control arms, one year supply of the engine oil of your choice, ect.

Donation of the raffle prize would be helpful, but just getting that at cost is helpful too. Afforable raffle tickets, maybe a dollar, or, five dollars each, hoping that volume covers the purchase of the prize. Maybe even start a poll asking y'all what you would buy a raffle ticket for? Like I said it's on the design table, and I am eager to get back to that. Moreover, we do not wish to move any further on fundraising until MV-IV is concluded. They have the all important fundraising spotlight right now, please support this event any way you can?

Please keep the ideas coming?
    Is there any "left overs" form the mm.ntet store still around I'm willing to get some.
    2003 MERCURY MARAUDER #5701
    Mods: JLT CAI, SS INSERTS, MARTYO FENDER BADGES,4" Res. Delete tips
    ORIGINAL OWNER, 1 OF 470 FOR CANADA

Quote Originally Posted by SergntMac View Post
    Calm down gents, please read the notices at the top of every forum?
    I think his comment was more in sarcasm. Thats the way I took it as.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

ok, so know i need one of the original jackets size 38 or 36, from one of you guys..

Quote Originally Posted by max454 View Post
    ok, so know i need one of the original jackets size 38 or 36, from one of you guys..
    just noticed my sig does'nt say contributing member

Quote Originally Posted by max454 View Post
    just noticed my sig does'nt say contributing member
    Once you hit 100 posts, the flag will appear.
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Is there any "left overs" form the mm.ntet store still around I'm willing to get some.
    As far as I know all the "left overs" are included in the MV-IV vendor raffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    I think his comment was more in sarcasm. Thats the way I took it as.
    I tend to agree with you, but sarcasm is not humor. Sarcasm is use of words intended to hurt, or, harm a specfic target, despite the laughter it tends to generate. The laughing is really for the speaker, for having the gumption to utter the phrase.

Many popular comedians use sarcasm, but in the long run the words usually leave some damage behind. True humor does not.

There's a difference between what that the writer meant, and the reader interprets. One writer and 3100 readers...Do the math?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The store closed a long time ago, but keep an eye on e-bay. The last set of fender badges sold for three times their original costs.

You could offer a variety of items to entice membership "donations" From Key chains, dash plaques, window decals, etc. stating the level of membership, and the year. Eg. MERCURY MARAUDER.NET PREMIUM MEMBER 2006.. Just a thought, donate $50 or whatever, get a unique item that says so....
    Big Joe P

RIP Kenny Brown's MARAUDER-S #15

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information