Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removing Steering Wheel Badge????

Removing Steering Wheel Badge????

Anyone figured out how to remove the "Hockey Stix" badge from the steering wheel air bag holder??

Daniel sent me a really nice "Limited Edition" "1 OF 11052" God's Head badge that would look good there!!

I guess there must be a way to remove the air bag container.....is it apt to go off in my face while I'm screwing with it??

Help!!!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

I'd put the new badge over tha old one. If your going to screw around with the steering wheel disconnect the battery so the airbag doesn't deploy!
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

This is a billet aluminum piece with a flat back and the "Hokey Stix" one is convex......No Workey!!!

I replaced my steering wheel in my 2000 CV and the air bag unit just unbolts but I don't remember if it can be taken apart??

I may just remove it and see what's what!!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

I flattened the oem steering wheel piece, and stuck the new one on over it....looks like its oem.....3m adhesive

A word of caution on this. Putting a piece of metal on the air bag could be a problem in a crash. Air bag goes off - hunk of metal goes flying.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

What about the OEM piece?? It's metal....just not very heavy!!

I believe the cover splits at the bottom if the bag deploys and the badge would go up if it got dislodged??

I may reconsider and put it elsewhere...

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

The OEM piece is very light tin. If the new one is heavier, it could become a projectile.

For the record, I have never seen these so it may be of no concern.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Daniel's badge may weigh a few grams?? Trouble is it is held on with double sided tape which would probably let go if the bag went off!!

I saw where someone put a wheel center cap on their steering wheel.....that would weigh about the same and probably fly off during a bag deploy??

I'll probably find another spot for it but there anen't many flat surfaces inside our cars!!!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

What about the center console, near the cup holder?

There are 6 prongs that hold the metal "Hockey Sticks" emblem to the air bag. If you remove it, don't ever expect to put it back.

Just so you know, I found this out by messing around with a deployed GM airbag cover.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

i put mine tight there by the cupholder and looks awesome when people get in my car if they already dont know about the marauder NOW they now the deal limited edition 1 of 11052 and you cant miss it when getting in car so every1 thats get in ur MM knows your in a awesome bad azz limited edition car i recomment putting it by the cupholder i get compliments everytime some1 gets in my MM love ittt

If this is what you are talking about its actually more simple than you might think

Removing the old one would require prying it out. As mentioned, it has tabs that bend into the cover and hold it in place. you can CAREFULLY stick a screwdriver in there and pry it out, make sure to take your time and use a thin flathead. After that the old one will literally pop right in. if you pay attention to the design, it has grooves around the border that will sit flush with the grooves in the logo pocket.

Disconnect the battery to make sure you dont deploy your airbag and also might help so that your horn isn't blaring while you do this and that you don't end up looking like the neighborhood jackass

too much crap on the car to list it all

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958325

I have found a video to show removal on a Chevy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI7G...ature=youtu.be

Does anyone know, after the stock tabbed emblem is removed, is the airbag cover beneath the removed emblem smooth or ridged? That is, will double stick emblem tape stick to it? What is the material (can it be sanded smooth)? Does anyone have a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by WildMarauder View Post
    I have found a video to show removal on a Chevy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI7G...ature=youtu.be

Does anyone know, after the stock tabbed emblem is removed, is the airbag cover beneath the removed emblem smooth or ridged? That is, will double stick emblem tape stick to it? What is the material (can it be sanded smooth)? Does anyone have a picture?

This process is absolutely nothing like the Marauder. It's 2 bolts from the back of the steering wheel to remove the airbag, one torx in the middle, and pull hard on the wheel to pop it off. That's it, very simple process.

Also, don't bump threads from 2006

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post

Also, don't bump threads from 2006
    why not? He’s asking a legit question. BTW, last post was 2012.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information