Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: To the Admins...

Exclamation To the Admins...

There is a rumor being floated that some of us (me included) were flagged so that we would purposely have trouble logging on.

I contacted one of the admins and was thereafter immediately able to get on line.

I asked privately (twice) what the deal was on whether the rumor was true and got no response to my inquiry.

So, admins, what's up?

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    I think it's just a rumour, based on hysteria, paranoia and Chicken Little complex.

Nothing new here
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals View Post
    I think it's just a rumour, based on hysteria, paranoia and Chicken Little complex.

Nothing new here
    Nonetheless, 91 views and yours is the only reply I got. And, no offense, you aren't even a moderator.

My question still stands.

just adding my 2 cents (and i know im not an admin either) but beside being a pain in the rear, what harm or good would it do to block you so you cant get on?

Quote Originally Posted by black_03 View Post
    what harm ..... would it do to block you so you cant get on?
    It makes it a pain in the azz for the particular user to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by black_03 View Post
    what ..... good would it do to block you so you cant get on?

bigslim Guest
    I know what Marty is trying to say.

If I clear my cookies I have no problem zipping through the site. If I log with my user name it goes very slow or not at all.

I have yet to see any of the administrators answer this question. Btw, it is not just the two of us but quite a few others having this problem.

If I'm going to be blocked or inconvience then please send me back the remaining money I have contributed.

Hi Marty,

I had the same exact thing today. Then poof... it was back to normal.

It wasnt affecting Charlie's lap top in the other room, and when I did finally get through to the site, I got a message that "searching" for anything was no longer an option.

But yet at the same exact moment, Charlie's lap top, like I said, had nothing of the sort. My snafu lasted a minimum of 8 hours. I tried to check on the site in the morning, then painted all day, and tried again around 6 pm.

In any case... I think I saw Mark start a thread about Ebay. Gots to check it out. Hopefully its not about car stuff

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post

Earlier today I opened a new window and used it to start mm.net. It gave me a screen that said I had to log in.
    I closed the window and started a separate Tab to open mm.net, and mm.net came right up without having to log in. Does that mean I was 'blocked purposely' for 1 or 2 minutes?
    I don't think so.

I've been admin/mod on a few boards and i've never seen an option to just make 'logging in difficult' for some users. You can Bann using a few methods, but that's it.

Again, this is more of the same of what has been going on lately with certain people. Hysteria, paranoia, and Chicken little syndrome.
    'Somethings wrong, must he mm.net against me.'
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Exclamation Don't know....

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    If I'm going to be blocked or inconvience then please send me back the remaining money I have contributed.
    According to your member status, your dues have expired......you only have stars minus the flags by your avatar.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Again, this is more of the same of what has been going on lately with certain people. Hysteria, paranoia, and Chicken little syndrome.
    'Somethings wrong, must he mm.net against me.'
    Duncan: I don't have a problem with you so I hope you won't be offended when I tell you I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Meanwhile 220 posts, a few hours later and not a word from an admin in this thread. Hmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by martyo View Post
    There is a rumor being floated that some of us (me included) were flagged so that we would purposely have trouble logging on.

I contacted one of the admins and was thereafter immediately able to get on line.

I asked privately (twice) what the deal was on whether the rumor was true and got no response to my inquiry.

So, admins, what's up?
    Marty why anyone would want to block a cool guy like you is totally beyond me....say it ain't so.

Happy New Year big guy.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

I've been admin/mod on a few boards and i've never seen an option to just make 'logging in difficult' for some users. You can Bann using a few methods, but that's it.
    Don't think it's possible, eh?

Look here and you'll see that you're completely wrong.

Not only is it possible, but it seems incredibly LIKELY that this is exactly what's been going on.

Why is it that only the MCM.com guys seem to be having this problem and nobody else? But, then again, seeing as how most of the owners of this site spend half their day trolling around MCM.com, maybe it's not all that surprising after all.

And why is it that nobody (owner/admin) on this site has bothered to issue a reply to Marty's question? He wasn't being rude about it. In fact, nobody's been rude about it. The people on MCM.com, who are the apparent targets of these shenanigans, haven't even been rude about it. They're baffled by the situation, but that's about as far as it goes.

Marty simply asked a question and the people in the know on this site apparently don't seem to want to respond.

--- Todd ---

2007 Dodge Charger - 3.5L V6
    2006 Chevy Impala LT - 3.5L V6

Royal Purple synthetics

2003 Maraduer 300A
    2000 CVPI
    158,730 miles
    Addco swaybars front & rear
    ENS poly bushings & endlinks front & rear
    Command Automotive cryogenic rotors front & rear

I just tried myself to come on to the site...would have had to log on, but closed window, kicked in my TCP optimizer, rebooted and came back to the site as normally happens...I dunno what to say. I didnt think about it until I read this thread...

8)
    "...went from sea level to 3k above... now all I do retune the toys..."

I haven't had a problem lately, but I was having similar issues a couple of weeks ago. I found that opening the command prompt window and issuing this command:

ipconfig /flushdns

fixed it for me.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut View Post
    I haven't had a problem lately, but I was having similar issues a couple of weeks ago. I found that opening the command prompt window and issuing this command:

ipconfig /flushdns

fixed it for me.
    I guess the Unix version is

kill -s admin 123

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission