Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Nationals at Carlisle!

Thumbs up Ford Nationals at Carlisle!

So the guys at CV.N are planning on convoys from pretty much every corner of the US (and a couple of guys from Canada) to go to the Ford Nationals at Carlisle. I know there's alot of guys here that are members at CV.N as well and for those who aren't I just wanted to give you a heads up about it. I'm sure if you guys don't have any other offilliations you could register to come with Crownvic.net. I'm pretty sure I'm not being an idiot too because I looked around here and didn't see anything about you guys planning on taking a group up there. But CVN is already registered with Carlisle so we're just getting the Panthers together in force!

Thread at CrownVic.net

R.I.P. SC Cheesehead. You were a good man and I am honored to have known you.

We've had a small MM presence there the last two years, but not many guys can/will sign up for a three day event. Last year Regis came and visited us and I gave him a ride back up the hill in my MM, which caused quite a stir, among the CV guys.
    We're still in negotiations, but as it stands, we'll be bringing the '93 Canary Yellow Feature car for display in Building "T". Make sure to make yourself known to me, as it won't be hard to find our Mustang in the "shed".

I'll be there next year as well. We'll have to choose if there's a large contingent going if we want to all hit the same class. Last year our class was huge, most of us met in '69-present full size Ford/Mercury. I found up on the hill a "Modified Mercury" class that was a fair bit smaller, but I know not all Marauder's are modified.

It's best for everyone to enter as stock Marauder class, so we all get to park together, down by the Meguiar's tent. None of our guys care if your MM has a blower, or not.

It's not about an award, because those Mustang jackasses got together and team voted and "arranged" for first place trophy to go to an '06 Ford 500, anyway.

Forget the trophy's and classes, getting to park together is what it's all about, in my view. BTW, I suggest we find the worse, rusted, ragged out Mustang in their group and make sure we all vote for it.

PS I knew they did it, because the guys in the '55-'56 Crown Vic club were talking about it, and really pissed.

Ah yes, I remember hearing that. You are right it's not about the trophies there, for me it was parking with the Marauders and perusing the swap meet.

I'll be making it a day trip like last time, so will only be there one day most likely. I'll probably also bring a clean trunk with me so I can leave with plenty of parts!

What are the dates?

June 1st-3rd

Yeah, some of the CVers are torn between the Crown Vic camp and the emergency vehicle camp (there's alot of P71 drivers out there...myself being one of them). My loyalty stays with my Panther brothers!

All Ford Nationals

The last 3 years I have had my DTR Marauder at Carlisle. Every time they made me go up on the hill with the modified Mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by pacammer View Post
    The last 3 years I have had my DTR Marauder at Carlisle. Every time they made me go up on the hill with the modified Mercs.
    Just tell 'em it's pure, bone stock, with no mods. No one's gonna look except when it's time to vote, and if you're not there for a trophy, what the hell? Come on down the hill with me, Ralph SR & his brother, Breadfan and our bunch of good time rock & rollers.

Do you know if a person could camp on the grounds [by their car?], or do they have to leave at night?

I see you guys there i go every year we take my fathers 57 ford fairlane retractable there and stay the entire weekend. So this year i get to bring my 03 Marauder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DEAN

TRENTON NJ

03 300A MARAUDER
    BLACK THE ONLY COLOR

BORN 6/24/02 VIN 617134 #1844

VIST MY GARAGE

Quote Originally Posted by vonirkinshtine View Post
    Do you know if a person could camp on the grounds [by their car?], or do they have to leave at night?
    There are tenters and campers, but restricted to an area apart from the show field and vendor's areas. Check their website and see what/how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DWSTANG67 View Post
    I see you guys there i go every year we take my fathers 57 ford fairlane retractable there and stay the entire weekend. So this year i get to bring my 03 Marauder.
    Hey Dean, I saw you guys there last year, with the spectacular '57? Darned if I didn't think there were 58 & 59's only. 57 must have been very low production.

I just enlarged the thumbnail, and damned if it doesn't have '57 tail lights. WOW ..... just WOW!
    Last edited by Mike Poore; 01-03-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Well me and PACAMMER will be there at Carisle together.
    I would like to co-ordinate something for this year on-site at carisle.
    I'm also in the Detomaso Pantera Club and we did a pig roast on the show grounds one year. We had a company come in to the show grounds with a van. In this van was a whole roasted pig and all the fixing you could ever want. If we can get some people to commit to going we could get togther money and make this an event to remember....

I would be more than happy to organize it or assist in organizing this to happen. The question is how many people are going to attend...?
    lets get a poll going...

I have been there with PACAMMER the last three years (w/ Marauder). We have won 3rd place twice, 2nd place once, and Celebrity Judges Field Pick once. This was all in the Modified Mercury class....
    I do not care about winning that much but the show officals pretty much push the vehicle that way now since it has this history.... last year I got into an arguement with one official to no avail and I was told I would be up on the hill and would be ineligable to recieve an award... I think mainly cuz he was getting a frustrated with me as I was getting with him.... well I won (2) awards last year despite his comments....LOL

I could probably get us our own class if we co-ordinate and pre-register as a group.....this will make entrance fee's less and allow all of us to easily be grouped and park together.....

I just got a note from the guys at Carlisle, and learned that Dave Points is gone, but they say they'll be contacting me to continue with the Feature Car presentation in Building "T". I've located three of 'em; Green, Red, Canary Yellow, but still looking for a very good Triple White. Keep me in mind, if you know of one..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information