Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interested in a Marauder

adollarwodbnice Guest

Interested in a Marauder

I'm not concerned with being able to find one especiallly on perhaps eBay. I have been looking at a few types of cars that I would like to purchase after I get rid of my little daily driver as it is slowly dying on me. Basically I want a comfortable car that is not an old man's cruiser. I've been looking through alot of things and after coming accross the marauder I was pleasantly suprised unfortunately production was stopped in 04 so I can't get it brand new but hey my second choice is a 1968 mustang so I guess really doesn't matter.

Basically I want to know if one thing is true; are they really as comfortable as the Mercury Grand Marquis' leather seats? OH MY GOD are those car rediculously comfortable. Also I know especially on here alot of people have super charged their marauders and they race them; I would like to have my marauder speedy as well. Am I going to have to fork out 6 grand for a supercharger or are these stock v-8's very quick to begin with?

thanks!

-Robb

WELCOME!!!

As far as comfort goes.....the seats are NIIIICCCCEEEE! They are not sporty in the least. If you are a little guy....there is NOT enough support for for a day at the twisty track.

Power...well....stock is good. If you are on a budget though, 4.10 Gears and a Tune make it a whole different beast! The car should have come this way!!!!

Glad to see younger guys interested in this car It is the ULTIMATE sleeper

KillJoy

adollarwodbnice Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KillJoy View Post
    WELCOME!!!

As far as comfort goes.....the seats are NIIIICCCCEEEE! They are not sporty in the least. If you are a little guy....there is NOT enough support for for a day at the twisty track.

Power...well....stock is good. If you are on a budget though, 4.10 Gears and a Tune make it a whole different beast! The car should have come this way!!!!

Glad to see younger guys interested in this car It is the ULTIMATE sleeper

KillJoy
    Thanks, and i'm very happy to hear these things about this car. I used to have a Mustang 5.0 that I threw a VTEC into and it was a good 12 second car after a nice couple shots of nitrous. But, as much as I love speed I love style and those cars look like...$h1t to me. I went to an auto show and saw the 07 Mercury Grand Marquis Palm Beach edition and said "ahhh what the hell lemme check it out" When I touched those seats I could have fallen asleep instantly. I had immediately thought of possibley getting it but a friend who owns one says it's like a big slow boat..., I want a big quick boat . ANYWAY my hyundai accent won't last past summer so come september perhaps i'll have a nice cold air intake and a nitrous kit in a big marauder haha.

NOS + Marauders = NICE!!!!

Several guys have gotten low 13's w/ a stock MM on juice (I think).

You just have to show restraint, and not go hog wild!!!

KillJoy

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.

If you have an interest in a MM, feel free to PM the VIN and I'll run it for you through Ford's OASIS database.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Quote Originally Posted by adollarwodbnice View Post
    I used to have a Mustang 5.0 that I threw a VTEC into and it was a good 12 second car after a nice couple shots of nitrous.
    If your talking about VTEC like Honda, then I hope someone gave you a firm beating. As much as I would hate to see this post pics of your blasphemous creation.
    2003 300A
    Black Marauder with Tints
    K&N Intake, Accufab TB, VRS catted mid pipe, SCT SF Tune, PHP Control Arms. Sold in 2014, totaled out in 2015
    1994 Mustang GT
    Red Convertible
    1/2 Vampire, prefers to stay in a garage as opposed to seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by 94_302 View Post
    If your talking about VTEC like Honda, then I hope someone gave you a firm beating. As much as I would hate to see this post pics of your blasphemous creation.
    Wanna bet he meant VORTEC? You'd get a 5.0 in the 12's with one of those; but never, by strapping a honda to your mustang.

PS: go for the Marauder, you won't be sorry.

I bought My Marauder a little over two years ago and still wouldnt give it up for anything....
    MM.NET Member #3943

11/24/04 -'04 Silver Birch , Moon Roof, charcoal Interior,
    12/25/05 - Lower grill Mod - Thanks DEFYANT, 12/29/05 - OEM Spoiler - blankenship aero
    01/06/06 - Vynal Shades - Executive Signs Ltd., 01/06/06 - Silver Stars - MM.net (thanks everyone)
    01/11/06 - Remote start alarm ( North Park Linc. Merc. ), 02/16/06 - Pro Gurard - Reinhart Automotive
    02/24/06 - JLT CAI/RAI - JLT Performance(Jay Tucker), 06/14/06 - Godshead logo locking valve caps (Wes)
    02/14/07 - XCAL2 tuned by Lidio

VEHICLES AND MILAGE :
    04 MARAUDER: 95,XXX (June 09) SOLD 1-28-14
    03 IMPALA: 126,XXX (June 09), Died Oct '11 143K
    01 SUBURBAN: 87,XXX (June 09) Traded in 9-22-12 123K
    07 SUBURBAN LT 4X4 84,XXX (Sept. '12)
    07 INFINITI G35 79,997 (Dec. '11) Her Ride!

adollarwodbnice Guest
    Sorry, it was a VORTEC not VTEC my bad it was a 4.6 or 4.8 litre I think. I remember we a did a little conversion on it to get it nice and tight. My dad really did 90% of the work since he knows alot more than I do.., I basically ran the nitrous installed the sparco seats and raced it lol. I don't have any picture on my computer but after we painted it gray my dad took before and after pictures so I can go look for them some where.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore View Post
    Wanna bet he meant VORTEC? You'd get a 5.0 in the 12's with one of those; but never, by strapping a honda to your mustang.

PS: go for the Marauder, you won't be sorry.
    I have seen people swap a rotary into a GT so swaps that don't make sense do happen. I'm glad it was a Vortech and not Vtec. Coming off a blown and sprayed fox that had a 4.6 I think the Marauder will just feel slow. When you ran 12's in it what was the trap speed, I bet a blown fox with spray is trapping high enough for 11's. So to feel that fast in a Marauder you will need a blower and other bolt ons. Marauders are a bit more expensive to mod than a Fox.

Wait I just saw you said 5.0 and not Fox so if it was a 94-95 then blown and sprayed should probably still be good enough for 11's depending on setup and traction. If it was a 94-95 and you guys put a mod motor I have a soft spot for 94-95's. It just depends on what you define as quick, if quick is what your mustang was it will take a bit. But if high 13's low 14's is quick, you can do that with a few bolt ons and a good tune. (depending on conditions)
    2003 300A
    Black Marauder with Tints
    K&N Intake, Accufab TB, VRS catted mid pipe, SCT SF Tune, PHP Control Arms. Sold in 2014, totaled out in 2015
    1994 Mustang GT
    Red Convertible
    1/2 Vampire, prefers to stay in a garage as opposed to seeing light.

Basically I want a comfortable car that is not an old man's cruiser.
    -Robb
    My MM is very comfortable. After a 600 mile drive to Detroit, I stepped out fresh as I had just driven to the corner store.

Mine wasn't an old man's cruiser for the first two years that I had it. I guess that it is now. Of course, it makes me feel MUCH younger.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

I can't stand riding or driving too long in my wife's mustang. I feel like it beats me to death. The Marauder is sooo much more comfy and roomy. With minor mods my MM is peppier than the stock 2000 mustang GT, according to my wife. Suspension (stock) on the Marauders is a little sportier and stiffer than the 1997 and 2001 Crown Vics we previously owned, but still very much nicer for road trips than a mustang.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

hotride03 Guest
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Well, i might be selling my marauder this coming late march! so if u would like to own one let me know... its an 03 w/about 50k on her.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm not concerned with being able to find one especiallly on perhaps eBay. I have been looking at a few types of cars that I would like to purchase after I get rid of my little daily driver as it is slowly dying on me. Basically I want a comfortable car that is not an old man's cruiser. I've been looking through alot of things and after coming accross the marauder I was pleasantly suprised unfortunately production was stopped in 04 so I can't get it brand new but hey my second choice is a 1968 mustang so I guess really doesn't matter.

Basically I want to know if one thing is true; are they really as comfortable as the Mercury Grand Marquis' leather seats? OH MY GOD are those car rediculously comfortable. Also I know especially on here alot of people have super charged their marauders and they race them; I would like to have my marauder speedy as well. Am I going to have to fork out 6 grand for a supercharger or are these stock v-8's very quick to begin with?

thanks!

-Robb

There is one here in Jacksonville for 13K

adollarwodbnice Guest
    I lent my car to my girlfriend to pick some things up and she spilled something in the seat and bent down to assess the damage and she slammed into a curb breaking part of the hub cap off bending the rim a smidge and screwing the alignment up. I'm getting closer and closer to buying a new car every day hahaha.

About the speed talk on these MMs..., is this car gonna get a great acceleration or does it make up in torque at higher speeds??

-Robb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information