Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trilogy Motorsports says Good-Bye to MM.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Long View Post
    Steve, it sure must be more than that then right? There must be a deeper more hurtful reason. The majority of us are adults and have had enough experience to know such things.
    Jerry certainly would not "cut his nose off to spite his face". He has done much to promote the cars and the site here. He has done alot of business here. Being the businessman he is, a good one, it's ridiculus to think that simple disagreemnets would prompt him to leave. THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO IT!

Kinda like coming home early from work and finding your best friend banging your wife. That would end a friendship, wouldn't it? Or is that just a "disagreemnet and a misunderstanding"?

Yes it is sad. But it was avoidable.
    I am sure there is. I do not know the extent of it. I am sure MOST here do not. Not all of us have been here since the site began, so, we do not REALLY know what has occurred in the past.

...or interest could just be going in a new direction? I do not know.

What I do know, is that in the here and now.... there MUST be a better way.

KillJoy
    Last edited by KillJoy; 02-17-2007 at 07:38 AM.

Sure would be nice to have one of the administrators chime in here.
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Quote Originally Posted by jimlam56 View Post
    Sure would be nice to have one of the administrators chime in here.
    He did. Didn't you see Zack's posts?

Jerry: I don't own your product (yet). A dime has never changed hands between us (yet). But, I do feel that your absence here will be a great loss to the community. At least I know where to find you my friend.

I don't need to point out that this site has taken a nose dive over the last few months. Most of the old-timers/contributors are gone, either having been chased off, run off, or left on their own for greener pastures.

This place is now populated heavily with "second generation" owners. Not a bad thing in itself. It's just unfortunate that they will not come to appreciate how big your contribution to this site, the car, and many friends you have been.

Jerry, I have always respected you, I still respect you, and I support your decision.

Response from Jerry Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Does this mean we are not getting the IAT2 upgrade?
    The IAT2 upgrades are in the calibration phase, parts have been made and sensors have been ordered. Once the testing is complete we will be offering this to any customer that wants it.

Jerry

Jerry,

It is sad to see a vendor such as your self leave due to "Shenanigans" caused by other members. Though I do not own your S/C I plan on in the near future, heck I even went to Dearborn a month ago to visit, but unfortunately I got lost finding your building and by the time I was there you had been closed . . .
    This web site is losing contributing members and vendors, due to the fact "some" vendors don’t like healthy competition. Jerry’s I wish you best of luck to you, and your business . . . I’ll be making a PM on the other site shortly.

--Peter
    2003 MERCURY MARAUDER #5701
    Mods: JLT CAI, SS INSERTS, MARTYO FENDER BADGES,4" Res. Delete tips
    ORIGINAL OWNER, 1 OF 470 FOR CANADA

All of our vendors are very valued here. Trilogy and Jerry have been very supportive of the endeavors of MercuryMarauder.Net since the early days. Trilogy and Jerry have also been very successful with the sales of their products through MercuryMarauder.net.

We understand that vendors must evaluate and make decisions about supporting any website. We've said goodbye to Kenny Brown, DynoPro and Amazon Tuning Solutions, and now Trilogy is saying goodbye. The owners and the membership are disappointed in Jerry's decision to move on, but we accept the fact that Trilogy has made a difficult business decision.

Please contact BigDog or myself about the "deactivation issues" you mention.

Thank you, again, Jerry, for your valued sponsorship and membership.

Mary
    Trilogy #61
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

Arrow hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita View Post
    I believe that after all this, I might just take my OASIS reporting skills elsewhere.............
    Maybe not, as of yet.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Trilogy movin' up the road.....

As in any game...there are offensive and defense moves. Please know
    that Trilogy #152 can move to a new location in 12.9 sec if needed.

"Takin' care of business"
    "Best of Show"
    MARAUDERVILLE IV
    ORLANDO, FL
    11/11/06

Member #1031
    Brand New 2003 "Black over Black" 300B
    Conceived 2/25/03
    Born 3/21/03.. "7002 of 7838"
    Home 5/26/03 showing 19 miles!

TRILOGY (Eaton M-112) Supercharger #152
    ALTERNATIVE Automotive (Xcal-2) TUNE
    K&N AirCharger... Part No. 63-1111
    FLOWMASTER Super 40's with stock Megs tips
    FoMoCo OEM Rear Spoiler/Black Titanium SS inserts
    FORD GT Coil Covers (Ford Blue)
    FormulaONE Window Tint "Pinnacle Series-35"
    METCO DS/Loop

1972 Buick Skylark 350 Hardtop Sport Coupe
    Antique Gold with Dark Saddle Vinyl interior
    "Last of the original Muscle Cars" bought NEW(7/5/72)
    and still kickin' ass!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyLPita View Post
    Maybe not, as of yet.

Glad to hear Brian

KillJoy

I know EXACTLY how you feel Jerry. See you over there sir.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Just so you all know: I'm likely not going anywhere. I love listening to the excellent technical advice and tips as well as the unrelated stories. The BS gets filtered in one ear and out the other. I don't play politics, I play with cars. I've corresponded with a number of folks here and have a pretty good idea whose opinions I value and whose I don't. I wouldn't leave and miss the opportunity to keep up with my fellow MM'ers. Imagine - Canadians and Americans all on the same page! We SHOULD be a shining example of how people can get along!
    BTW, I'm a first generation owner who simply came late to the site. But as the saying goes: Better Later Than Never.
    All the best, and farewell Jerry. It was great to have known you through the site, and hopefully this decision works out for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Barnes View Post
    ..... We look forward to seeing many of you at upcoming Marauder events.
    So, we'll be seeing you at Marauderville-V, then.

Its a bad thing happening here,some people need to straighten up and shut up! I have had the pleasure of meeting Jerry and had no problem with his personality,sorry that this is happening.I do not owne Jerryies product and there is nothing wrong with it! IT is all in who wants what.I hope to see you at future events J.B. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!!!
    # 2352 Lidio Built my Hot Rod... 2011 S55-001

MM.NET will continue to prosper

Life goes on and with life things change. The Marauder market is very limited, those that want to get a Trilogy will know where to go to get one and get it installed. I totally disagree with Marty on his statement that the site has gone down hill over th last few months. I believe the site is better than ever. Look at the numer of posts, responses compared to the other site. Not even close.

LIke any community there are poltics, clicks, people who bad mouth others with lies (comments made of me by a Trilogy installer which were absolute total lies on what he alleged I said at MV IV and elsewhere), make up stories to better their postion and just the type of things and egos that happen in any group. Myself and the other commitee members who worked on MV IV spend 100's of hour of their own time, money and effort to make it happen. In addition considerable time was spent on the MV DVD's to which people applauded our efforts on this site, by phone, e-mails and PM's. It was a rewarding experience and if needed, I would do it again. Some people used my efforts against me, which is sad as I never had an agenda. Those that know me know that. Others, oh well........agaiin, life goes on.

The MM.NET faithful will remain here. Yes a small number of people have left and gone to the other site and that is fine. If others decide to go, best of luck to you as well. I totally support MM.NET, the owners, the people here, my good friends (who I met here) and will continue to enjoy myself here every day. It is the first and only website I have ever participated in on a daily basis.

Best of luck to you Jerry, regardless of what you have been probably told (which are lies) I continue to repsect you, your company and your fine S/C the Trilogy. You have made a significant contribution to the Marauder community and you will never be forgotten. Best of luck with your company and future projects.

Respectfully yours, TOM
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information