Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water leak

Unhappy Water leak

Just went out today to get some things out of the MM. when I opened the rear drivers side door water fell to driveway, I noticed the bottom of the door gasket was all wet so I ran my hand across it and pulled slightly outward and about one, maybe two ounces of water fell out, so now I'm highly upset so I tried the other doors with the same results. We had torrentials rains for about a week but no rain today. I went and checked my 95 C/V and all foor doors were bone dry across the inside bottom. Is this normal ? I had my CrownVic. 7 years never happened. The doors and gaskets on both cars look identical. Anyone else noticed this???????????
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    60' 1.851 Street tires & Stock wheels.
    TIMESLIPS
    Performance Mods: Base Trilogy Kit, Exhaust, PHP Airbox.
    Visit my Garage
    Florida "The Supercharged State"

My LX Sport also leaks at the doors but Michigan as been bone dry this year but also when I wash my Vic and lift the trunk after I get alot of water there too

Smokie,

It rained here last night and I just checked my doors and do not have water any where except around the edges.. At the bottom this looks like it ran down around the door frame and is dripping off.. Is yours wet up by the scuff plates?
    Wayne

Unhappy

Yes all 4 scuff plates had water under them. What bothers me the most is how much water the lower part of the gaskets hold. They are hollow and perforated, I believe thats how the water gets in, holes are not at the bottom of gasket so water pooles inside gasket across bottom. Bummer !!!!!!!!
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    TIMESLIPS
    Visit my Garage

Weatherstrip holding Water

Smokie, my MM hss the same problem you described, especially the left rear passenger door and not as bad at the right rear pass door. When it rains or after a washing, water pours from doors when opened. I commented on this earlier and your the first to respond. Don't know what to do since I believe this problem is inviting rust conditions sooner than later. We need to complain to dealer, etc. I agree with you that water is collecting inside the weather-stripping.

Donald

drobin. In regards to the water problem, this weekend I'm going to park my 95 crown/vic and the MM. next to each other on the driveway and blast them with the water hose. If when I open the doors the Vic is dry and the MM is all wet. The dealer will be hearing from me. Will let you all know the results.
    Smokie
    12.79 @ 107 mph.
    TIMESLIPS
    Visit my Garage

Unhappy

I too have discovered water collecting at the bottom of my doors after a rain and/or car washing.
    Has anybody found a solution to this problem?
    I am worried about rust forming on/in the doors.
    I am also worried about water freezing in the doors come the winter months.

Later
    Bowman9

Bowman, I have not a clue on what to do, except for removing the weatherstrip completely. NOT! As stated previously, all four doors hold water but L/M should re-design the strip. Maybe we should try heating a large paper clip and poke little holes along the bottom edge... I should have been a scientist before I was born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donald
    03MM-300A
    Build Date 6/05/02
    673 of #7093 Black

sandman Guest
    Check to see if the bottom of your doors still have the drain plugs in them, if so pry them out. This may solve your problems. This was discussed before you may want to search it. Only one of my doors had the plugs in it, the other three did not. Hope this helps. Water in doors=bad!

Russ

Talking It works

Originally posted by sandman
    Check to see if the bottom of your doors still have the drain plugs in them, if so pry them out. This may solve your problems. This was discussed before you may want to search it. Only one of my doors had the plugs in it, the other three did not. Hope this helps. Water in doors=bad!

Russ
    I had the same problem. Easy fix I let the dealer do it
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Question

sandman & Bigdogjim,

I looked around the bottom of my doors but I did not find a "plug" I did find an oval opening towards the front and back of the door that has a thick clear tape over it. The tape looks like it has a puncture in it. But this is located lower on the door than the weatherstripping. The water seems to be collecting on top of and behind the weatherstripping.

Also while I was down there I noticed little or no paint on the inside of the doors.
    At this point in time I think car companies shouldn't even bother painting cars just sell them to you in a coat of primer at $5,000 less. Then you could go out and have them painted yourself in any color or style you want.

I love the car but the quality seems to be SHT

Bowman9

Just had some rain here in the STL area the other day...when I opened my driver's door, got a small flow of water out of it. Checked both front doors; there's a small rectangular hard rubber plug at the bottom front of both of them. Not bad out of p***enger front door, but a fair amount of water out of the driver's door. Rear door had small amounts, but upon inspection looked like it was just runoff from the top of the door, so no problems there. I'm single, and the only driver of my car, rarely if ever have p***engers, so at least I have an explanation for why the driver's door seems to leak worse than the others; but it still bugs me anyway. Tried shaking the door and didn't hear any sloshing noises, so at least that's good.
    Traveling the world on PONTIAC power!

Originally posted by sandman
    I finally checked my doors. The driver's side does not have the plugs but the passenger's side does. I removed them and noticed that they are designed so when the plugs are in the drain holes there is a gap at the top and bottom to let air/water pass freely. The day before we had driven through torrential rains in AL and MS for a couple of hours. There was no accumulation of water on either side. I'm leaving them in the passenger's side. Maybe it will keep geckos and other creatures out of those doors.
    ostentatious: "intended to attract notice and impress others."

SergntMac's first MM adopted 7/5/03. (I bought it for my wife. Honest.)
    '66 Mustang Conv resto-mod always in process.
    '96 Mustang GT bone stock.

Right On, I left mine in but the weather strip is trapping water between it and the door. I don't think it's just the weather stripping holding all the water but a combination of these two conditions.....

Donald
    03MM-300A
    Build Date 6/05/02
    673 of #7093 Black

As per Bowman9 Statement--Found Large Thick clear tape with
    a small horizontal opening on the tape on all Four Doors .
    Removed them all to prevent water buildup ...
    I'll keep my Freedom, my Money, my Religion, my Guns & you can keep the " Change ".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information