Thread: Inviting other car groups to our events

Inviting other car groups to our events

It has been nice to see other car groups letting us know about the events that they are putting on and asking us if we would like to attend. Paul and I have been doing the same to them. It will be great to meet new people and here new stories and common car problems. This type of thing will help make all sites stronger.

Merc has the MM fall shootout tied in with the Mustang guys from Northern VA, and we always have a grand time. I saw many a mouth agape, while them Mustang dudes were watching S/C MM's turning honest 12's.

I go to the srip alone with my GM and find a Ford guy I do not now and hang out. Made a lot of friends that way. The car draws a lot of people, but the best time was when a kid wanted to race me with a police intercepter CV. The race was not even close but the thrill he had was great. He spent a lot of time checking out the car and had me look over his car for ideas. He took a lot of pictures and told me he now had some goals. It was not about the race, it was more about the fact that someone took time to listen to him. We all need to take time and stop to let people talk and tell there story. Role models are important. We all have nice cars but should not forget who we are and where we came from. Spend some time with the other people and check out there cars, they are just as proud as we are.

Thread Information