Thread: Dealership Vs Joes Garage

Question Dealership Vs Joes Garage

I do not have a L/M dealership near home or work. I have taken my Taurus to a "Joe's Garage" place. They have proven reliable over the years. When I did have a problem there...they turned it into "no problem." I mean this in a positve way regarding their customer service ability.
    Are the MMs that specialized that dealer service is required/highly recommended? Same goes for the Tranny shop I have been using. Again I am hip to the dealership thing...but even the Ford dealerships close to me is less than the best. They work but I have to push them. Re: the Ford dealer...the Service Writer was recently promoted from Phone Attendent...not kidding . This made getting my E350 issue taken care of that much more difficult. I had to deal with the Service Manager all the time on that one. Anyway...

Either a dealership or a Joe's (Independant garage) are only as good as the people working in them. That goes for any business in the service industry. If you have a really good indy shop, stick with them. They certainly will give you more personable service by numbers alone! I work in the auto industry and visit dealers and indies. Although I have several choices in FLM dealers in close proximity, I won't go to any of them. That is certainly not the case everywhere, but unfortunately it is here where I live. I have a repair shop I can trust and they get all my work. They like it because they don't have to sell me anything, I request it on my timetable. That makes for a good relationship!

Best luck,

J
    Alex, you'll always be with us!
    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport 230A
    Bone Stock (Really, would I lie?)
    I couldn't see destroying a Marauder as my daily driver!
    '03 Marauder 300B as in blue
    DOB 5/12/03 - adopted12/01/06
    1 of 328
    SS Inserts

I find that a Joe's Garage is much more excited by my car than the dealership. Furthermore the local dealership is intimidated byt heir own lack of experience with the Marauder.
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

Quote Originally Posted by murphypeople View Post
    Are the MMs that specialized that dealer service is required/highly recommended?
    Actually, the problem is usually the other way 'round...most dealers are clueless when it comes to the Marauder.

I have 2 small independent (fairly) local garages that I trust, and I feel much more comfortable taking The Blackbird to either one of them than I do taking it to any of the local F/L/M dealers. As JMan said ^^^, any facility is only as good as its staff, and I'm sure there are plenty of honest, competent dealer service departments out there, just none in MY area... *sigh*
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

You are a minnow when you visit the dealership, but you are a nice sized fish when you visit Joe's garage. You have the good folks on the board to educate yourself and Joe's garage on any particulars. If you really like Joe's garage and wish to stick with them, there are service manuals that show up on that show up on auction sites. You could buy them one for their shop. who knows? If they really like Marauders, it could become a specialty for them.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

Thread Information